Thread: Wind Moto G 2014 phone not detecting Wind Sim card, after swapping different sim

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Wind Moto G 2014 phone not detecting Wind Sim card, after swapping different sim

Hello everywhere! I read online that the Moto G 2014 sold by Wind comes unlocked, so just to test it out I put in a friend's Bell Sim card, which the phone detected right away. Now when I inserted my Wind Sim card back, it does not read it, there is a constant error on the lockscreen: "No Simcard- Emergency Calls only". I have tested my Wind Sim in my wife's Nexus and it works fine. Her Wind sim card, however, does not work in my phone either, but Bell/Fido etc work just fine.

It seems really odd, because my sim card is not defective, neither is the phone. Any suggestions?

I have restarted, turned it off for a while, factory default but no cigar.

Thanks a bunch

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I also swapped in a Telus SIM from an iphone 6 (a really tiny sim which I put in the SIM cutout that my Wind SIM came in. That wasn't detected. I removed it and reinstalled it and turned the Moto G (2014) off and on a number of times. I put my Wind SIM back in (put it back into the cutout so it fits) and it's also not detected. Again, tried removing it and reinserting it and powering my moto g off and on a number of times.

I just looked through my moto g booklet and it says to not use a nano sim with adapter, but that's what the Wind employee gave me.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    That's exactly what happened to me as well. Had a perfect almost new Blackberry Z10 and was told on the phone by the Wind employee to "remove and reinsert the SIM" - the sim adapter got caught in the sim tray and broke off a contact pin. Phone was not repairable. I had to purchase a new phone! Of course I went to the Wind store to complain, but all they could to is smile. Still very upset about this!!