Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Otter Box and Life Proof Problems

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I had no problems with my lifeproof for my iPhone 5. I had no concerns taking it into the water with me on vacation or in the pool or in the snow with the kids. I've been considering one for my 6 but might hold off until I get more feed back. The problem is there are very few waterproof case alternatives.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I have received more useful info on HOFO than any other site bar none!!!

Currently saving $360 a year from help of a forum member here.

That's why I stay.

----------------------------------
    Thank You John Legere!!!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Now three threads?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    Four threads?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Yeah nothing like spamming the entire forum because you got a ****** cell phone case.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Never was a fan of Otter Box. "Hey, let's have this sleek phone and put this ungodly huge case on it"...

And the issues with the Lifeproof cases are interesting to me as well as the wife has one on her iPhone 5 and a lot of the time it's hard to hear her. I'll have to check that membrane thingy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try opening power port during voice call. Again Otter Box trying g save money at manufacturing using lesser quality materials including resins and sealing gaskets.
    Otter had their run. They are no longer gold standard. UAG VOYAGER AND I just read about a product that gas a built Che charging technology and tge Che board can slide out and he replaced with extended battery.
    The line has a Wetsuit case which I heard is top seller globally hut just coming to US
    I think it's called Backbone
    JerrySpringular
    Wireless Critic

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=JerrySpringular;15759044]
    4- Life Proof is using cheaper materials- The Life Proof Cases are leaking. If you do not open up power port while on phone conversation the listener will think you have bad connection because call is muffled
    Seriously Life Proof cases are leaking and Otter Box not taking care of customers
    [QUOTE=JerrySpringular;15759044]

I had a Lifeproof case for my 4S for almost 2 yrs, and NEVER had leakage, in spite of frequently getting it wet, and going to the beach. The port cover hinge developed a crack as the second year was ending, but 2 yrs is not bad given what the case does. I was well past the warranty, yet I was offered a replacement case, if I had the serial number, which I did not have, since I had already tossed it.

I ordered the same case for my new iPhone 6, and am very satisfied. The charging port cover has been redesigned in a way that puts less stress on the hinge. Yes, there is some muffling of the microphone, but when I asked people how i sounded, they said it was fine.

Is the case expensive? Sure, but most cases are. I bought one of the clones on Amazon for less than $10, and the one I got did seem to be waterproof, though it did have a bit of a "cheaper" feel.

This thread gives the impression that it's a junk product with no support. I'm simply saying that has NOT been my experience.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Listen you just admitted 8ts muffled. As the cheaper rubber gasket deteriotes and the sun beats on the plastic the case will change. Your 4S otter was made by life proof prior to Otter box purchase. Same tooling same design. New series such as GS5 and new the resins are garbage and tge rubber is garbage. Life Proof is now a poorly made product. The more the heat and sun are exposed to tge case the more issues you will have. Life Proof is garbage. Check for leaking and more muffled sound in 6 months. I just saw Dog and Bone, Trident, UAG Spigen at NPD party. Otter Box is looking very bad. The company is in dissaray. Apple threw them out because of Quality issues. Enjoy your life proof but be careful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2