Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers Roaming on Telus & Bell

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Rogers Roaming on Telus & Bell

Rogers, and presumably all Canadian carriers, will be introducing “Extended Coverage” by the end of January or early February 2015. Domestic roaming deals have been signed between Rogers (including Fido), Bell, TELUS and Videotron that will practically extend coverage and offer seamless roaming, also called soft handoff, between carrier partners in areas with poor or absent service. As a result, fewer calls will be dropped when transitioning between areas with good coverage and those without.

Rogers and Fido customers will know when they are using the Extended Coverage with a new carrier title, “Rogers – EXT” and “Fido – EXT.”

Article:
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/06/ca...coverage-gaps/

Feedback Score
    Shall we start the countdown to prices going up yet again across the board?
    I am joking, of course, but...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Is it only available to Share Everything customers? LOL

Sent from my HTC One M8

Feedback Score
    Wonder what networks we will have access to as part of the extended network coverage. Also will you have access to "extended coverage" in an area that is supposed to have Rogers coverage?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I am somewhat shocked by the announcement - it "levels the playing field" in terms of coverage for the Big 3. In northern Alberta & interior of BC Telus coverage is superior to Rogers so this is a great benefit for Rogers clients. As MorsVincitOmnia said above, it seems odd that they are offering this extra coverage for free.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Soft handoffs....exactly what Wind has been requesting for 5 years and what rogers has said was technically impossible.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary_Hero View Post
    I am somewhat shocked by the announcement - it "levels the playing field" in terms of coverage for the Big 3. In northern Alberta & interior of BC Telus coverage is superior to Rogers so this is a great benefit for Rogers clients. As MorsVincitOmnia said above, it seems odd that they are offering this extra coverage for free.
    Is it really level though? A lot of areas are said to be covered by Rogers but the signal is very poor, will we have access to Telus or Bell in those areas or are we simply limited to the "extended network" in areas where Rogers doesn't advertise coverage at all?

Also wonder if there are usage limitations as well. I know a lot of people who've moved to areas with no Rogers coverage at all and are simply riding out the contract. Would they get kicked off if they started using their phones because they'd be on the extended network pretty much all the time.

Feedback Score
    Where have you been since the launch of HSPA in 2009? Telus/Bells Coverage is better/bigger almost every where not just northen Alberta and interior BC

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Soft handoffs....exactly what Wind has been requesting for 5 years and what rogers has said was technically impossible.
    Thats not true. Rogers demanded money, wind refused to pay for it.There was a rogers filing somewhere to CRTC that they want payment for this service.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorsVincitOmnia View Post
    Shall we start the countdown to prices going up yet again across the board?
    I am joking, of course, but...
    I cant tell if you are joking or not. Rogers will have to up the price because their phones will now start roaming on Bellus. The only place bellus can roam on rogers is manitoba.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Thats not true. Rogers demanded money, wind refused to pay for it.There was a rogers filing somewhere to CRTC that they want payment for this service.
    Nonsense, as often you don't know what you're talking about.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Rogers, and presumably all Canadian carriers, will be introducing “Extended Coverage” by the end of January or early February 2015. Domestic roaming deals have been signed between Rogers (including Fido), Bell, TELUS and Videotron that will practically extend coverage and offer seamless roaming, also called soft handoff, between carrier partners in areas with poor or absent service. As a result, fewer calls will be dropped when transitioning between areas with good coverage and those without.

Rogers and Fido customers will know when they are using the Extended Coverage with a new carrier title, “Rogers – EXT” and “Fido – EXT.”

Article:
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/06/ca...coverage-gaps/
    Rogers HAD to do this, otherwise WIND would have had superior coverage outside their native zones.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Bell and Rogers will be able to share Northern Ontario coverage. Great news for both of them.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Where have you been since the launch of HSPA in 2009? Telus/Bells Coverage is better/bigger almost every where not just northen Alberta and interior BC
    But, if Calgary_Hero doesn't travel east of Alberta, they won't know that. Right?

I'm glad to see this finally happen. There will be no more 'best coverage' crap advertising.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Bell and Rogers will be able to share Northern Ontario coverage. Great news for both of them.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    Northern ontario coverage is managed by TBayTel. I dont see any announcement of BellUS roaming on them

Nonsense, as often you don't know what you're talking about.
    You should google stuff before calling out others. See this report

“If they had wanted seamless handoff, we would be charging them a much higher rate for roaming. What they want to do is pay the lower rate and get the seamless handoff and that doesn’t seem very fair. I mean the whole Industry Canada regime is based on negotiating not on applying to the regulator for decisions,” says Engelhart.

(Englehart is the rogers spokesperson at that interview)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast