Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Should Li Ka-shing buy t-mobile

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    853
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Should Li Ka-shing buy t-mobile

    It seems like Li Ka-shing is on buying spree. Should he buy tmobile?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,914
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Def not.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baja California / Sinaloa
    Posts
    22,377
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sure.
    Is he willing and able to pour money into "3" USA and keep JL?
    It seems to me that Timotheus Höttges *really* doesn't want T-Mobile US.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    531
    Feedback Score
    0
    Who is that

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    Who is that
    He is a billionaire from Hong Kong who owns 3 and Hutchison Whampoa.



    Optimum/Cablevision

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    2,962
    Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does he have the money? Hutchison has been on my 'I wonder if it would make sense' list...

    N

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Google definitely has ambition on wireless industry, but their entities are not always successful.
    Do you remember Okrut, Gtalk, Picasa, Google Listen?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,635
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    Google definitely has ambition on wireless industry, but their entities are not always successful.
    Do you remember Okrut, Gtalk, Picasa, Google Listen?
    Absolutely none of those comparisons makes sense versus buying a full wireless network...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,305
    Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    If nothing else, I like 3's over-limit throttling policies much better. "3HK may restrict the data transmission speed... to not less than 128kbps if we consider you have used such service to download, send or upload content of an excessive size, quantity, or frequency" sounds a lot better than what T-Mobile does after reaching 1GB/2.5GB/3GB.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yangj08 View Post
    If nothing else, I like 3's over-limit throttling policies much better. "3HK may restrict the data transmission speed... to not less than 128kbps if we consider you have used such service to download, send or upload content of an excessive size, quantity, or frequency" sounds a lot better than what T-Mobile does after reaching 1GB/2.5GB/3GB.
    Sorry if this offends you but you basically are paying for a certain amount of 4g speed data and the rest is unlimited 2g, you want more than you are paying for. There would be no point in selling unlimited or higher data buckets if you get free 1gb 4g with simple choice and the rest is speeds that you are satisfied with. So if you need more fast data, just pay for it.


    via the HoFo App

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    0
    Would be better if an Israeli company like Cellcom would purchase TMobile. Not to be rude but we don't need more Chinese companies as they seem to water it down and especially in China where they block services(I don't support any country that blocks services) so even if they are buying an American Company I just don't plain support this communist approach to blocking TV shows Internet. Israel has some great technologies such as Waze.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    If it's all the same to you I'd like to keep the ownership in the U.S. or western Europe. At least there we basically know why they're spying on us.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    830
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by travelplus View Post
    Would be better if an Israeli company like Cellcom would purchase TMobile. Not to be rude but we don't need more Chinese companies as they seem to water it down and especially in China where they block services(I don't support any country that blocks services) so even if they are buying an American Company I just don't plain support this communist approach to blocking TV shows Internet. Israel has some great technologies such as Waze.
    Then you must definitely not support the US with all their restrictions, copyright take-downs of sites, blocking/throttling of torrents by countless ISP's, etc

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,393
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Does he have the money? Hutchison has been on my 'I wonder if it would make sense' list...

    N
    He has been on a bit of a buying spree over the last few months, He bought O2 IE and is trying to also obtain O2 UK.

    ^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Similar Threads

  1. verizon should buy t-mobile
    By marcus7 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 02:52 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 01:12 AM
  3. Out to buy T-Mobile E315, anything I should know
    By JaguarS4R in forum Samsung
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 08:06 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:30 AM
  5. Where should I buy T-Mobile Service?
    By tvBilly in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks