Thread: Does Verizon prepaid still support classic Blackberries and new BB10 Blackberries too

Feedback Score

Does Verizon prepaid still support classic Blackberries and new BB10 Blackberries too

I know they used to have it but they don't advertise it anymore. Plus whenever I call Verizon prepaid , they give me the runaround and multiple calls to even their tech dept. are inconclusive. So yes or no. Does Verizon prepaid still support Verizon Blackberries activated on their system with Bis/Bes support and can the newer BB10 Blackberries including LTE ones also be activated on Verizon prepaid? Simple yes or no. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You have to be on postpaid with the device first for ?six months?

Or I've been told you could just buy it for full retail up front and then they will "unlock" it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Does Verizon prepaid still support classic Blackberries and new BB10 Blackber...

I heard the newer BlackBerry devices do not require BIS, so I think you'd be fine with a Z10, for example.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Let me know if someone has a definitive factual answer. Verizon prepaid cs actually gave me Blackberry's own number to call. More runaround. These guys are clueless. So is it yes or no?

Device(s)
    LG G5, Galaxy S5 Mini, Blackberry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I heard the newer BlackBerry devices do not require BIS, so I think you'd be fine with a Z10, for example.
    I believe this is correct. The legacy BlackBerries (OS 7) require BIS or BES for full functionality, but the new devices with OS 10 do not. I've been using a BlackBerry Q10 on Ting prepaid for a while now, works great. Check on Crackberry if you want to be sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky893 View Post
    Let me know if someone has a definitive factual answer. Verizon prepaid cs actually gave me Blackberry's own number to call. More runaround. These guys are clueless. So is it yes or no?
    John from the CrackBerry community. Registered just to give you your definitive answer.

BlackBerry 10 devices will work on Verizon Prepaid as they don't need BIS. I'm presently on a BlackBerry Z30 on Verizon Prepaid ($45/m plan with the $20 data add-on).

Legacy devices (BlackBerry OS 7 and lower) WILL NOT WORK on Verizon Prepaid. Verizon does NOT offer BIS as a prepaid option anymore. They use to, but nolonger do. I found that out when my Storm 2, which I occasionally powered up for giggles and threw my sim card into, stopped registering BIS on their network a while back. Customer service will just toss you around until you give up.

tl;dr
    Legacy devices will NOT work, but newer BlackBerry 10 devices will.

Feedback Score
    I currently use a 9630 and 9930 on verizon prepaid with BIS working.

via the HoFo App