Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New GoPhone plan to drop 2/18/15

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleuww View Post
    As long as you don't need more than 8Mbps, are okay with high ping times thanks to the proxy server, and crappy customer support, yes, cricket is the better option.
    True this.

We'll find out this Wednesday about these plans.

Chazz has some good points, pump up the data, gain subscribers back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    It's really $54 --with no taxes or fees in most states, if you use CallingMart.

And the "$45" is really $40.50.
    If you use Secrest Wireless and the SWATT coupon code, you'll pay $87.30 for a $100 card. That's $52.38 for a $60 refill and $39.29 for a $45 refill.

You can use the Citi Double Cash credit card for another 2% off. That makes the $100 refill worth $85.55.

$100 x 90% x 97% x 98%

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I like your way of thinking with this. It would be nice if they did some last minute spicing up with their plans, and if they did it before my plan renews. I use up my 1 GB in about 3 weeks, and then live on the throttled data for the remainder of the cycle. Works perfect for what I do on my phone (iMessage, basic internet browsing, using the HoFo app, snapchat, etc). I never watch videos on my phone so throttled data only benefits me. But it would be nice to have more high speed data. ��
    Three times in the past few months I've bought additional 500MB packs of high speed data. Twice was because I was out of state a lot one month, the other was my fault.

But 1GB is fine most months. The overage is not consistent enough to warrant going to $60 plan. Plus, on Calling mart I wasn't really paying $10 extra, nor am I paying $45 for the "$45" plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Starting February 18, 2015, at least two GoPhone plans will change.

The amount of high-speed data available in the $60 smartphone plan will increase from 2.5 GB to 4.0 GB.

The amount of high-speed data available in the $45 smartphone plan will increase from 1.0 GB to 1.5 GB.

[Source: GoPhone customer service.]
    1.5GB would be great, if true.

Add back the high speed data counter while they are making changes.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 02-16-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    If those new proposed plans are true, Cricket remains the better value by a long run. I'll keep 2.5GB for $35.
    Capped speeds, high pings, massive data outages (last time I checked their threads). Better value?

Device(s)
    LG Slo 4 & Sony Xperia Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Capped speeds, high pings, massive data outages (last time I checked their threads). Better value?
    I would have to agree to some of what you say. I got a Cricket sim card and used the service for a month to see what the d/l, u/l, and pings actually were. Almost identical d/l and u/l speeds but double the pings (ouch). The 8mbps capped speed is not an issue for most people, certainly not myself. As far as the data outages, very much like VZW, that has been taken care of for the most part and was not an issue for me.
    HOWEVER, I had a big issue porting my number. Long story short. Switching from a N5 Micro sim card to my new N6 Nano sim card. The web site made me choose multiple lines instead of a new single line. It automatically gave me a $10.00 discount. They told me I would have to pay the $10.00 back which was OK with me. The customer service rep put the $10.00 on the suspended, discontinued line!!! The web site will not allow me to port my number because of the lack of funds ($10.00) and the multiple line issue. I called many times to straighten this issue out and guess what kind of customer service I got? LOL Am out the money but never again!

So the heck with it! Went to my local AT&T company store and a very nice lady took a new nano sim card and got it to work with my GoPhone account. All of this for FREE! Great service for FREE. What a difference. So now I have a functioning N6. Reasonably happy person

Feedback Score
    1) End of January, AT&T posted 4th quarter results. They gained in post paid subscribers but lost in prepaid -- specifically with GoPhone, while Cricket showed modest gain. This quarter is half over, so maybe some emergency tweaking to make the numbers look better in 6 weeks?
    This is the real issue. GoPhone continues to lose customers. The data bumps will not bring in new customers, and it may not even stem the tide of migrating customers. The changes in plans shouldn't be a surprise, they increased Cricket last month, they've established a pattern of leading with Cricket.

Despite HoFo'ers insistence that GoPhone is premium, the reality is customers don't care about the differences. AT&T is giving customers a choice, and folks are choosing Cricket. If this continues, GoPhone will go away.

Device(s)
    LG K8 V
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Would be nice if these data upgrades are true. I've had to wind up using my phone as a data backup lately via tethering since I'm going through more data over the past month from getting laid off from work. If Cricket offered tethering, I'd gladly be switching service to them right now.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggultra2764 View Post
    Would be nice if these data upgrades are true. I've had to wind up using my phone as a data backup lately via tethering since I'm going through more data over the past month from getting laid off from work. If Cricket offered tethering, I'd gladly be switching service to them right now.
    There's some talk in the Cricket forum about a user who was told by a customer service rep that official tethering is coming soon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post

Despite HoFo'ers insistence that GoPhone is premium, the reality is customers don't care about the differences. AT&T is giving customers a choice, and folks are choosing Cricket. If this continues, GoPhone will go away.
    The GoPhone features set, where it's sold, sharing the same AT&T sim card, and how data is configures shows it's premium.

Lack of features, capped speeds, high pings, data outages show Cricket is bottom of the pecking order.

But then Straight Talk is popular too. "Popular" doesn't mean "best".

Feedback Score
    Gophone is meant as a travelers option. Anyone can go into an AT&T store and get fixed up for a trip to the US with Gophone. It's fast and easy. I don't think Gophone will go away but it isn't seen as a domestic prepaid solution by AT&T. Just my impression.

Feedback Score
    Why don't they just merge the brands...give Cricket the in-store support plus postpaid speeds, and end GoPhone.

Postpaid will always have the advantage of buying a flagship device for <$200 up front. Most people don't think their iPhone cost them $600.

Feedback Score
    I'd say the new plans are purely SPECULATION until they drop and are published on the website.

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    I'd say the new plans are purely SPECULATION until they drop and are published on the website.
    Agreed. Feb 18 we'll see

Feedback Score
    UPDATE

On February 18, 2015, AT&T is making some changes to its GoPhone plans.

The amount of high-speed data included in the $60 smartphone plan will increase from 2.5 GB to 4.0 GB.

The amount of high-speed data included in the $45 smartphone plan will increase from 1.0 GB to 1.5 GB.

Both the $45 and $60 smartphone plans will include free calling to Mexico.

There will be a new $30 non-smartphone plan that will include unlimited talk and text but no data.

Certain other changes that have not yet been disclosed may also occur on February 18.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    UPDATE

On February 18, 2015, AT&T is making some changes to its GoPhone plans.

The amount of high-speed data included in the $60 smartphone plan will increase from 2.5 GB to 4.0 GB.

The amount of high-speed data included in the $45 smartphone plan will increase from 1.0 GB to 1.5 GB.

Both the $45 and $60 smartphone plans will include free calling to Mexico.

There will be a new $30 non-smartphone plan that will include unlimited talk and text but no data.

Certain other changes that have not yet been disclosed may also occur on February 18.

Do you just keep talking to customer service to see what other information you can get out of them?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast