Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: TELUS launching extended coverage March 13th

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch View Post
    Right, that was my understanding too. I guess it's more nuanced than what is shown on the map. For example, if you look at postal code J8G 2T2 for the 4G HSPA+ Extend network on http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en...gers/coverage/, it looks basically like the EXT network is just overlaid over a bunch of holes in the Rogers network. It seems like it would be difficult to determine the borders of where the Rogers native footprint ends in areas like this where coverage exists but is just patchy.
    The maps (besides being way overstated) definitely does not tell the whole story. The way Rogers has it set up currently is whenever you lose Rogers signal, it will switch to Bell/Telus towers if available. However, if there is even a very weak 2G signal available, you will stay on Rogers network.

There are a couple small areas in my city where the Rogers map says you have coverage, but there was nothing until extended was implemented.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Damn so the dead spots in Alberta wont get EXT coverage.
    I think you are kidding Right?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    The maps (besides being way overstated) definitely does not tell the whole story. The way Rogers has it set up currently is whenever you lose Rogers signal, it will switch to Bell/Telus towers if available. However, if there is even a very weak 2G signal available, you will stay on Rogers network.

There are a couple small areas in my city where the Rogers map says you have coverage, but there was nothing until extended was implemented.
    Not entirely accurate. Even in areas where there is absolutely no Rogers signal (but within Rogers' coverage), Rogers phones will not switch to EXT, which I'm assuming is because those areas are "covered" according to Rogers - i.e. there should be native coverage. For example, in Vaughan (30min North of Toronto), there are a few spots with absolutely no Rogers signal (not even EDGE), but very strong Bellus signal, and Rogers phones won't switch...can't even force them to EXT...when you try, they still say "No Service". My basement is one example of such locations

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    only available in MB? I want my click back! lol
    $55 500 minutes 5pm E/W 5GB nationwide my10 unlimited SMS caller ID

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5