Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Page Plus customers

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry in NC View Post
    Seems like this could be good for the dealers at least, since it will preserve their margin. It doesn't really enrich TF in any direct way.
    Unless the cost to dealers is going to be raised.

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    I read the linked page. Why is zapjb's suggestion a problem?
    To make that scheme legally work, the dealer would have to offer several different brands and offer the same deal for all of them.

Have you ever noticed that if you go to one of these discount pin websites, most of the pins they offer are sold at face value, but then when you look at the PPC pins they sell for less? Why aren't they selling the others for less, too?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vey9 View Post
    Have you ever noticed that if you go to one of these discount pin websites, most of the pins they offer are sold at face value, but then when you look at the PPC pins they sell for less? Why aren't they selling the others for less, too?
    Just the opposite at Calling Mart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    Price fixing would exist if all PP dealers got together to set a minimum price for a product. PP is completely within the law to require dealers to sell at the standard retail price in order to be a dealer. Apple has been doing it for years as have a number of other companies.
    True this. It is standard practice in many, many industries. In the business I was involved with for decades the manufacturers generally referred to it as MAP or MAPP, minimum advertised price policy (Makita was anal about it to us).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markdiesel View Post
    True this. It is standard practice in many, many industries. In the business I was involved with for decades the manufacturers generally referred to it as MAP or MAPP, minimum advertised price policy (Makita was anal about it to us).
    That is a different provision that is indeed widely used and accepted which says dealers cannot advertise below a minimum price but can actually sell at whatever price they want.

You often see this in action on sites that say "price too low to advertise, add to cart to see price" and other such methods of selling below the manufacturer's floor price.

I do note that the PagePlus policy (at least the part that has been posted) does not prohibit selling below face value. It only prohibits using the OWL system to sell a PIN or card below face value. So that would be fairly easy to get around. Maybe there are other provisions as well - I do not know.

One way to get around it would be to have a third party (not a party to the dealer agreement) purchase the cards outside the dealer channel and do the actual sale.

Another way is "wholesale clubs" or rebates etc and more than one dealer offers those.
    Last edited by comintel; 03-06-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Device(s)
    CDMA Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    For those of us that aren't dealers, what is the "OWL" system?

Feedback Score
    another mvno that uses verizon network is SELECTEL they are small but if i cant get refill discounted from pp+ i will go to selectel. remember the tracfone has stuff i dont want like crappy reception out here in southwesteren va but verizon does. give pp+ 6 months to see what really happens to there discounts.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Here is the link in clickable form:
    http://postimg.org/image/dogway5qb/full/

OWL Wireless, LLC may be the doing business as (dba) name of Page Plus Cellular. They have the Owl logo. Here is a complete transcription of its dealer terms:
    http://tosback.wikispaces.com/Page+P...s+of+Agreement
    I was unable to reach the original document because it is a secure site to which Page Plus dealers can connect.
    Last edited by efparri; 03-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepay Refill View Post
    Be interesting to see what happens. As zapjb said, there are ways around it if they really do pursue it. Not a huge issue.
    That's comforting.

Feedback Score
    if dealers cant make money why have dealers, pageplus will be lost without dealers custumers will have to deal with custumer service and we all know how that works, pageplus will not be what it is today witout dealers who bring custumers in period

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstufwiz View Post
    pageplus will not be what it is today witout dealers who bring custumers in period
    Everyone understood Page Plus would not be the same after AM took it over. The change in relationship with dealers was inevitable.
    I doubt they will get rid of dealers altogether but AM has experience with Tracfone not relying on dealers to grow the brand so I am not sure even if they did cut dealers out it would be "lost" as a company.

Feedback Score
    Who knows? For all I know the agreements AM has with VZW allows AM to fold P+ if the subscribers falls below x. But allows AM to keep 4G & other P+ benefits. I believe if this is the case AM would make more money by folding P+. First virtually nobody outside Hofo knows about Selectel. Second that leaves all the best known VZW MVNOs owned by AM.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    if dealers cant make money why have dealers, pageplus will be lost without dealers custumers will have to deal with custumer service and we all know how that works, pageplus will not be what it is today witout dealers who bring custumers in period
    I don't even see the point of dealers myself. Page Plus Customer Service chat has been great every time I used them, including a few weeks ago AFTER the suppose switch to foreigners (though my rep had an American name and seemed American to me, no problem whatsoever in communicating back and forth) when I switched my service to a new phone, (took 3 minutes) and again as a test about two weeks ago. Then again when I was with Straight Talk some out here complained about the customer service, but every time I used their Facebook customer service or the cooperate email address (both which certainly seem based in America) my issues were taking care of fast and to my satisfaction. So overall my personal experiences with both MVNO's customer service over the years have been very good. The problem is, 8-9 times out of ten the problem is with the phone or the user and not with the MVNO. Of course I would NEVER call an MVNO customer service and can't understand why anyone still does in this day and age.

Feedback Score
    Another satisfied customer. In years past, true, 30+ minute to talk to someone was the norm. However, during the last few years, online chat has been amazingly fast and good. ESN swaps, ports, and even a reinstatement (and credit back) after I forgot to renew a line.
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    I do not see how the 5-10% discount is a big thing for PPC customers. Calling Mart is till offering 5% off of PPC refills, as of today.
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast