Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wind is in the Top 3 behind Bell and Rogers...

Feedback Score

Wind is in the Top 3 behind Bell and Rogers...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/04/02/be...ampaign=buffer

What an impressive feat for sure. The fact that the company a tenth the size of one of them, can make top 3 in wireless complaints to the CCTS.

As with the previous CCTS compilation, Bell topped the list with 1,989 accepted complaints, 36.3% of the total. Rogers was next with 1,240 complaints, or 22.6% of the total, followed by WIND Mobile, which breaks into the top three at 361 complaints, then Virgin Mobile and Fido with 312 and 306 accepted issues, respectively.
    It's undeniably a problem for some time, I hope WIND understands sooner than later, this is not the kind of stuff they need to be doing to grow.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Roaming should be an opt-in service. It should be so on the phones (manually select Wind instead of automatic network selection) and on the network (use PIN to enable roaming). The coverage is not the best and could use improvement, so i hope Wind acquires Mobilicity soon!
    LABcrab
    Free TV! youtu.be/CnbicDLObNQ Also, helping out with TV Rogers shows!
    WIND: $10 Clever / $10 Surf A Little (switched) / $25 Province
    WINDows apps (for any carrier): BarlowGirlBrittany HargestZOEgirlsee more…
    SpeedTest: 19915748 (Wind) and 15864082 (Fido)!

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Wind's customer service really does take the cake. I've found that without a CCTS complaint in hand, you can't get anything done.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Its sad because when i initially joined wind back in 2010 - their Mississauga call centre was the best ever. Even with a patchy network, they were amazing to deal with.

Today we have a two tier system where the english line is so awful and a french line that has amazing agents that can actually help....but only if you can first understand enough french prompts to get yourself to an agent lol
    T-Mobile
    $30 Simple Choice North America 10 GB

T-Mobile
    $3 Pay by the Day

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I can speak for the fact that WIND has decided to take relatively unfriendly interpretations of the new Wireless Code at the same time that the Big 3 is falling tightly into line. That doesn't mean I'm happy with the Big 3's response to the Code as their first reaction was to hike price plans permanently across the board. But when it comes to all things billing, WIND has regressed to being that one guy in the room who just makes everything up as he goes along despite the rules. Moreover, everyone up to the highest level gives inaccurate billing information - e.g. the President's Office assured I would not get my Tab cleared until late March and this led me to launch a CCTS complaint, only to find out late February that it auto-cleared.

Feedback Score
    Normalized by customer count, Wind is in a league of its own. This is a validation why they failed miserably at meeting growth targets.

Sent from my A0001 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This report is absolutely useless without more substance. We get a number of complaints, but don't get any more details on what those complaints were.

Part of Wind's problem is that people are expecting big 3 service at a fraction of the price. I'm paying $25/month (BTS) for unlimited text, talk and data (yes I know only 6GB at full speed) on the Wind network. Considering a base plan with 1 or 2 GB of data with the Big 3 would run me about triple that, how can I expect the same levels of service from Wind as I would the Big 3.

People sign up from the Big 3, then are shocked when the service isn't as good as the Big 3 so they complain.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Markf_2 you also seem to forget the fact that wind network is tiny compared to for example bellus or rogers. It takes 5 DAYS to drive from Vancouver to Halifax if you drive 12 hours nonstop everyday and you have bellus coverage the entire way! You could be driving for hundreds of km in a forest in northern Ontario with a perfectly good bellus or rogers service - you could be in the middle of a provincial park in BC with LTE service.

The bellus network is ridiculously massive and it requires maintainance. That's why the prices are higher than wind. (Now I am not saying that the prices are acceptable. They do gouge people a lot .... But it costs more than wind for sure)

Wind is cheap because they can serve so many customers in such a small area. The network being bad is incompetence.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markf_2 View Post
    This report is absolutely useless without more substance. We get a number of complaints, but don't get any more details on what those complaints were.

Part of Wind's problem is that people are expecting big 3 service at a fraction of the price. I'm paying $25/month (BTS) for unlimited text, talk and data (yes I know only 6GB at full speed) on the Wind network. Considering a base plan with 1 or 2 GB of data with the Big 3 would run me about triple that, how can I expect the same levels of service from Wind as I would the Big 3.

People sign up from the Big 3, then are shocked when the service isn't as good as the Big 3 so they complain.
    There is plenty of substance, you have to actually read the report, though.

Also, I think it says something that Telus(243) and Koodo (76) have less complaints combined than WIND does while having ~10x the number of customers (wireless and wireline as both are included in the report).

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Ok I have normalized the numbers. Complaints for every 1 million customers:

Bell: 255
    Rogers: 130.52
    Wind: 451.25
    Telus: 31.15
    Videotron: 286.53

Well ... .that was a surprise!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Blackberry Passport, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That Telus figure is eye opening. I do think they have excellent customer service but boy that's just nuts.
    Public Mobile Fall 2016 Special ($114/90 Days)
    12gb LTE data/Province-Wide Calling/Global SMS/Call Display/Voicemail

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    That Telus figure is eye opening. I do think they have excellent customer service but boy that's just nuts.
    Now I will be a believer if they let me keep my 3 year plan and renew me on a 2 year. :-). One can hope ....

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Now I will be a believer if they let me keep my 3 year plan and renew me on a 2 year. :-). One can hope ....
    With a few exceptions, that is usually not an issue as long as you meet the minimum monthly for the phone ($70 in most cases). If your monthly is below $70, you can use add-ons to reach that level and keep it.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Markf_2 you also seem to forget the fact that wind network is tiny compared to for example bellus or rogers. It takes 5 DAYS to drive from Vancouver to Halifax if you drive 12 hours nonstop everyday and you have bellus coverage the entire way! You could be driving for hundreds of km in a forest in northern Ontario with a perfectly good bellus or rogers service - you could be in the middle of a provincial park in BC with LTE service.

The bellus network is ridiculously massive and it requires maintainance. That's why the prices are higher than wind. (Now I am not saying that the prices are acceptable. They do gouge people a lot .... But it costs more than wind for sure)

Wind is cheap because they can serve so many customers in such a small area. The network being bad is incompetence.
    I'm not forgetting anything. Bellus have almost 16 million subs at ARPU of about $60 ($960 million per month!). Rogers has over 9 million, again at around $60 per sub ($540 million per month). They've been at this for decades now as well.

Wind has about 800 000 subs with an ARPU of just over $30 now ($24 million per month). They lit up their first towers just over 5 years ago.

When you look at the basic financial math, and of course that Robellus has spectrum all across the board (both in terms of regions and frequencies), I would expect their service to be significantly better than Wind.

Again, I did look at the report and it doesn't break down complaint types by carriers that I saw (if it does, please point me to the page or section because I really would like to see that data). When people sign up with Wind, I'm sure a lot of them are expecting what they got from the other guys. They don't understand the limited network footprint and the home/away concept, they don't understand the limitations of AWS and they aren't understanding of the limitations of a relatively new carrier. They're expecting Robellus service at half the price, which isn't going to happen. They're being cheap, expecting to fly first class when Wind is coach then complaining about the service afterwards.

I've been with Wind for 3 years. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, there are issues. But for my use case, nothing too vital, but I like to use lots of data and get decent coverage where I normally am, I'd rather pay my $25/month (3 lines for $80). I know what I'm getting myself into, so I don't complain too loudly when things don't run perfectly. If I wanted "better" service, I'd go to one of the big 3, but I'd expect to pay Big 3 prices too.

Feedback Score
    ^I agree with almost everything you said , had they broken down the complaints you are probably right about being coverage issues where a person signed up for a Tab only to realize the coverage and speeds don't fit there needs and now they want to get out of it for Free.
    I totally don't agree with what you said about the limitation of AWS, you do know most of Robellus's LTE runs on AWS and People on Robellus have no issues holding onto AWS LTE signals. So what I am trying is Wind has done a Poor Job on there AWS HSPA network. Even Mobilicity where ever they have coverage have no issues on AWS HSPA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast