Thread: Meet the HTC One M9+

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile, Koodo, WIND Mobile, Fido
    Feedback Score

Post Meet the HTC One M9+

Name:  htc-m9+.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  36.6 KB

While you were sleeping—ok, while I was sleeping—HTC held a press event in Beijing, where the China-only One M9+ was made officially official.

At first glance it looks a lot like the "regular" M9, but there are some notable differences: a 2K display on a slightly larger 5.2 inch screen, a fingerprint scanner and, oddly, the return of the Duo Camera—this one matching the 20 megapixel resolution of the M9 for western markets. Oh, it's also powered by a MediaTek chip. Interesting...

For the moment HTC has only confirmed that the M9+ will be available in China, with no further details of when or how much it will cost.

Further reading:

My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    MediaTek chip, eh? Yes, interesting... that'll make it harder to make custom ROMs for it.

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile, Koodo, WIND Mobile, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Really? I thought a factory image—with radio binary—was all you needed to build a custom ROM. And HTC seems like they're on the ball with such things:

Kernel Source Code, Binaries and Updates for HTC Android Phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
    Really? I thought a factory image—with radio binary—was all you needed to build a custom ROM. And HTC seems like they're on the ball with such things:

Kernel Source Code, Binaries and Updates for HTC Android Phones
    Actually, you're right, for ROMs based on a stock ROM (I think!) It gets more complicated when you are trying to build a ROM based on AOSP, like CyanogenMod, where you need to re-compile the ROM's codebase for a specific chipset. You start needing drivers for some hardware-specific, maybe even proprietary, modules. But if HTC is providing that level of support for source code and binaries, then it shouldn't be too hard at all. That's good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the post. Newly lunched HTC M9+ where you can get a 5.2 inch screen, 20 mega pixel camera and 3 GB RAM which is outstanding.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Bell
    Feedback Score
    amazing

love the design
    FreeYourCellphone.com

WE WILL BEAT ANY PRICE - EMAIL US!

Our Team of Unlocking Ninja's are always ready to help! Have a question? email us [email protected]
    $2 OFF COUPON CODE FOR for any HowardForum Member " hofo2786 "

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When will they give us a removable battery and expandable storage?? I love HTC but not having those is a dealbreaker for me.

Feedback Score
    WOW! Its looking so lush but I have migrated to Samsung and now I am very happy with my Note 4 and S6 .

Feedback Score
    3 GB RAM is what made me go stunned! I'm so glad to see this fabulous device with unbelievable features.