Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: %*#$%&@$ Sprint's complete incompetence

Feedback Score

%*#$%&@$ Sprint's complete incompetence

The key word here is "planning" they have been "planning" for a LONG time now. :P I am also "planning" to be rich but I don't see it coming anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilton View Post
    I won't believe anything until I see results. Here in State College, PA with a major university in our back-yard and access to well over 80,000 people we still don't have a blip of LTE and if you ask Sprint about it all you get is the run-around saying we've no idea when your market is being scheduled. Network Vision was to have been completed in 2014 and now we still don't have dates for markets that were bypasses in 2015. Seems to be like the ship is cruising along with no set course. If you want me to think you care about me as a customer get me LTE and then start filling in some of the dead zones around town I may take you seriously. Pretty sad that everyone including T-Mobile has had LTE here for some time and we're still lagging
    These extra 9000 sites are years away from being completed. You will be lucky to see 1000 of these done in 2016. Sprint is the master of saying what is coming, but many of their markets are in the 70% range for LTE sites. How can you say you're ready for more customers when 30% of your frikken sites aren't even broadcasting LTE. Nevermind how few sites have the 2600 LTE on them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trupatriot1 View Post
    These extra 9000 sites are years away from being completed. You will be lucky to see 1000 of these done in 2016. Sprint is the master of saying what is coming, but many of their markets are in the 70% range for LTE sites. How can you say you're ready for more customers when 30% of your frikken sites aren't even broadcasting LTE. Nevermind how few sites have the 2600 LTE on them.
    +1

Tmobile is really good at executing. Sprint just talks and talks. My local market (East Michigan) has had band 41 sightings for 3 months and they still haven't turned on the radios permanently. On one day, then off for a week or more. Just how long does it take to tune a cell tower? Tmo averages 20+ down, Sprint 3-5 Mb/sec and still no wifi calling on iphone.

Feedback Score
    So what decade can we expect these new cell sites to "improve service?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    It is really kind of funny. They went from loudly announcing stuff that didn't happen on time, to complete stealth mode. They are sneaking up on the other guys and won't be detected until it is too late.
    Oh yes, Sprint is just so smart versus the other widely more successful and profitable carriers. I guess after eating egg on their face time and time again, they are finally strategic about prematurely announcing any upgrades. I guess they are just going to 'sneak up' on the other world-leading carriers who offer VoLTE - here and now.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Annoyance at Sprint's promises- and bad Spark coverage map

The Sprint coverage map showed "Spark" before it was actually here, but I've witnessed band 41 (and good speeds) in one specific area of West Eugene. It has the feel that it's only on one tower at the moment (because it is not available in the surrounding areas), but good to see nonetheless (about 15th and Lincoln streets for those in the area).

Hopefully they'll eventually deliver what currently shows active on their map.

The annoyance I feel with Sprint (and really even with this particular thread) is all of the failed promises. I don't think I can enumerate all of the times Sprint has announced something first, then failed to deliver, or then only partially delivered. Even the fact that they show huge swaths on I5 in Oregon covered with Spark annoys me, because that simply isn't true. Maybe in a year or two they'll actually cover what shows on the map today, but it would be nice if the map reflected anything close to current reality.

And yes, I do think the big swaths of Spark on the map enables folks "on the fence" to switch to Sprint, but for what? They'll come across and find the coverage map to be a lie. Most people think those maps are at least mostly accurate.

So 9000 sites, hah. I'll believe it when I see it. I really could give a turd if Sprint promised 9 million new sites. It means exactly the same thing to me--- Sprint is doing business as usual, and keeps lowering their credibility.

Now a cool way to do this is to say nothing, no rumor, no promises. Build 9000 new sites, then advertise that fact after they've done it. Yep that would resonate with folks.

Final notes: I do hope Sprint is successful. I don't think doing any rumor or promise is the correct way forward.

-Dan
    Last edited by dalbrich; 03-21-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: mistake
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    The Sprint coverage map showed "Spark" before it was actually here, but I've witnessed band 41 (and good speeds) in one specific area of West Eugene. It has the feel that it's only on one tower at the moment (because it is not available in the surrounding areas), but good to see nonetheless (about 15th and Lincoln streets for those in the area).

Hopefully they'll eventually deliver what currently shows active on their map.

The annoyance I feel with Sprint (and really even with this particular thread) is all of the failed promises. I don't think I can enumerate all of the times Sprint has announced something first, then failed to deliver, or then only partially delivered. Even the fact that they show huge swaths on I5 in Oregon covered with Spark annoys me, because that simply isn't true. Maybe in a year or two they'll actually cover what shows on the map today, but it would be nice if the map reflected anything close to current reality.

And yes, I do think the big swaths of Spark on the map enables folks "on the fence" to switch to Sprint, but for what? They'll come across and not find the coverage map to be a lie. Most people think those maps are at least mostly accurate.

So 9000 sites, hah. I'll believe it when I see it. I really could give a turd if Sprint promised 9 million new sites. It means exactly the same thing to me--- Sprint is doing business as usual, and keeps lowering their credibility.

Now a cool way to do this is to say nothing, no rumor, no promises. Build 9000 new sites, then advertise that fact after they've done it. Yep that would resonate with folks.

Final notes: I do hope Sprint is successful. I don't think doing any rumor or promise is the correct way forward.

-Dan
    I will agree the map is FUDGED even after being adjusted. From where I live it basically works like this.

BEST SPARK COVERAGE - FULL TO NO BAND 41

FAIR SPARK COVERAGE - YEA IF YOU WERE 20FT OFF THE GROUND MAYBE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KobesKD View Post
    Don't think they will until Montana/Wyoming is finished and RadioShack stores are transformed and ready to sell in those markets when its turned on. I agree dumb...but I guess it keeps people from complaining about a halfass network too so I guess it depends on which side you look at it.
    The only thing that stops people from complaining about Sprints half ***** network is getting it completed. There are way too many places where they're still at 70% completion on the LTE, not even counting band 41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trupatriot1 View Post
    The only thing that stops people from complaining about Sprints half ***** network is getting it completed. There are way too many places where they're still at 70% completion on the LTE, not even counting band 41.
    Apparently at least one carrier in the US reckons the best way to stop the complaining about the network is to eliminate the network forum from its website:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...AVBOX:Services

Excerpt: "... Network forum will be shut down in the coming weeks so network related questions should be directed to the customer service forum from now on. ..."

But the "gotcha" is that farther down that same webpage, under the heading "What types of questions will be handled in the customer service forum?", it's curious that "network issues" is not listed. There are 5 sub-categories and 12 specific types of questions listed, but nothing related to network questions.

Such behavior would be funny, if it wasn't so tragic for the customer, and so embarrassing for the company.

Pathetic...truly pathetic.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SDC_01 View Post
    Apparently at least one carrier in the US reckons the best way to stop the complaining about the network is to eliminate the network forum from its website:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...AVBOX:Services

Excerpt: "... Network forum will be shut down in the coming weeks so network related questions should be directed to the customer service forum from now on. ..."

But the "gotcha" is that farther down that same webpage, under the heading "What types of questions will be handled in the customer service forum?", it's curious that "network issues" is not listed. There are 5 sub-categories and 12 specific types of questions listed, but nothing related to network questions.

Such behavior would be funny, if it wasn't so tragic for the customer, and so embarrassing for the company.

Pathetic...truly pathetic.
    When I was on Sprint, those forums didn't really help you much anyway. All they posted were generic PR responses. It is pretty sad though that they would remove a forum dedicated to network... when you know, Sprint's a network and all. But! Maybe! They're shifting businesses, they did purchase radioshack which they should probably focus on more than the network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    When I was on Sprint, those forums didn't really help you much anyway. All they posted were generic PR responses. It is pretty sad though that they would remove a forum dedicated to network... when you know, Sprint's a network and all. But! Maybe! They're shifting businesses, they did purchase radioshack which they should probably focus on more than the network.
    I agree, the Sprint Community website responses by "Sprintcare" representatives are generally lame, i.e. they are no help and if one ever actually provided resolution to a customer, I never saw it in any of the forums I regularly read.

In my 9 years with Sprint (since they took over Nextel in 2005), this type of behavior is just part of Sprint's culture, i.e. deflect & deny. Rather than just fix their networks like the other three US carriers have handily done, Sprint's MO seems to be to just keep fabricating an endless stream of promises to be able to reel in new, unsuspecting customers at approximately the same rate as existing, disgruntled customers exit. No way to run a business.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I agree, the Sprint Community website responses by "Sprintcare" representatives are generally lame, i.e. they are no help and if one ever actually provided resolution to a customer, I never saw it in any of the forums I regularly read.

In my 9 years with Sprint (since they took over Nextel in 2005), this type of behavior is just part of Sprint's culture, i.e. deflect & deny. Rather than just fix their networks like the other three US carriers have handily done, Sprint's MO seems to be to just keep fabricating an endless stream of promises to be able to reel in new, unsuspecting customers at approximately the same rate as existing, disgruntled customers exit. No way to run a business.
    Just curiosity but I see this all the time and seen someone comment but the person never responded. I love seeing this "I have been a customer for ... years" why are you still a customer then? I had problems with mine I left after my contract and never signed a new one. Just doesn't make sense unless its a business line provided by a company. Evidently its not that bad considering you've been a customer for 9yrs. I never have spent that much time with any one wireless provider because personally they all have their ups and downs. My at&t sucked others love it. My Sprint is better than my at&t. Some peoples at&t is better than Sprint. Personally I'm surprised the complaining on here continues as much as it does when this site has absolutely nothing to do with any Sprint network progress or customer service. Facebook for Sprint is evidently the place for that. Mostly trolls to..I noticed a lot of the comments keep getting copied and pasted every time there is a new post. Honestly that's such a waste of time to complain just switch personally it would probably do us all a favor, free up some bandwith for the rest of us.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    They only purchased certain remaining RadioShack retail stores so they can expand their retail presence. It was noted that Sprint has the least amount of retail stores compared to the other three wireless carriers. Grabbing the remaining RadioShack retail stores they were interested in allows them instant access to existing and new markets without the need to hunt, get the process of finalizing the lease, and rebuilding the interior to their needs, and setting up utilities. Sprint was smart to grab these stores in preparation to enter new markets and compete with the other three wireless operators for more customers.
    Sprint could have easily done their own stores and been fine. With this deal they are limited because of where RadioShack located. In my town there are groupings of cell stores so people can shop easily. RadioShack is not usually near these places so sprint will continue to get overlooked. Being able to target any location you need vs picking from a limited pool has downsides. Additionally sprint has to deal with a restructuring which is intense compared to just signing some new leases. Sprints sole focus needs to be the shoddy network. Excuses are running out and a buyout is distracting.

Yes and those people leaving will never return. Sprint has a public image issue to fix and duping people is not the positive way to fix that.

Just curiosity but I see this all the time and seen someone comment but the person never responded. I love seeing this "I have been a customer for ... years" why are you still a customer then? I had problems with mine I left after my contract and never signed a new one. Just doesn't make sense unless its a business line provided by a company. Evidently its not that bad considering you've been a customer for 9yrs. I never have spent that much time with any one wireless provider because personally they all have their ups and downs. My at&t sucked others love it. My Sprint is better than my at&t. Some peoples at&t is better than Sprint. Personally I'm surprised the complaining on here continues as much as it does when this site has absolutely nothing to do with any Sprint network progress or customer service. Facebook for Sprint is evidently the place for that. Mostly trolls to..I noticed a lot of the comments keep getting copied and pasted every time there is a new post. Honestly that's such a waste of time to complain just switch personally it would probably do us all a favor, free up some bandwith for the rest of us.
    Who knows the reasons but I genereally agree with you. I will say though, people leaving means more spectrum for you is not a sprint problem. They currently own more than any other carrier.

Feedback Score
    In our case, we were Nextel customers since 2002, until Sprint shut down Nextel in 2013, because Nextel was the only truly good PTT system. But even as Nextel iDEN customers, we were under direct Sprint control since they took over Nextel in 2005/2006, hence the "9 years as a Sprint customer". Sprint made such grandiose promises about the new "Sprint Direct Connect" having a 3X greater footprint than iDEN (that was a lie) and equal connection speed (that was a half-lie), and they offered a good deal for us existing iDEN customers to switch to CDMA, so we decided to give Sprint a fair chance. Unfortunately, both the CDMA & LTE network performance has been spotty in our area, and the Sprint Direct Connect has not been anywhere near as reliable as our iDEN PTT was, and the Kyocera Torque phones we "traded up" to, have all combined to be a huge disappointment and a continuous hassle for us.

Those 2-yr contracts are just now coming up for renewal, and you can rest assured we will be switching to either VZ or AT&T within weeks. But until then, as a Nextel/Sprint-Nextel/Sprint customer for a total of nearly 13 years, and currently a high-paying, postpaid customer, I have full rights to comment on Sprint's dismal service. YOU can go comment elsewhere, self-appointed troll-troll.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score

%*#$%&@$ Sprint's complete incompetence

Back in February, with the introduction of the new rules for unlocking phones, I decided to get my Sprint LG G2 unlocked for international use. This phone was formerly active on my account, but has not been for just over a year now. This was made clear to every rep I talked to.

I called in to the international support in the first half of February, had the request submitted and was would it could be completed within 10 business days. Never heard anything back, so ~3 weeks later, I called back.
    The rep I spoke to this time looked into it and said it was still processing. She said the best thing to do was submit another request, which is what we did.

Roughly another 2-3 weeks later (around March 26th), I still had heard nothing back, so I called back in. The rep could see not see any requests, so they got the Executive Care team (I think that's what they were called) on the line they submitted everything once again, assuring me that I would be hearing from them within 5-7 days at the very latest.

Two weeks later, and still absolutely nothing. So I called back. Again. And was forwarded around about 5 times before anybody was able to tell me anything. What I was told now was that there was an error due to the SIM card being incorrect. Why they need a SIM card, I have no idea as no other provider needs this to unlock a phone. In any case, how is it that the 20+ people I have talked to before, including at least 5 "supervisors" were unable to catch this, as I made it explicitly clear, that the G2 is not the current phone on the account, and I was never asked for a SIM card number previously.

So now the fun part: After spending 30-45 minutes before finding this out, I was transferred around another 4 times (International support to Employee accounts to Order support, and back to international support) to try to get a SIM card shipped to me here in Canada. I was told each time I transferred that they department I was being sent to could help send it internationally. Of course they all said they were completely unable to do that.

When I ended up at international support for the last time, the rep and her supervisor were able to ship out a SIM card, but only to the billing address in the US, which does me absolutely no good at this point.

At this point, it had been 2.5 hours on the phone with Sprint today, not to mention the other 30-60min calls previously.
    The reps were all nice enough, but seemed either incompetent (including the Executive Care person) or completely un-empowered to do anything.

Basically, if you are a Sprint customer and having sim issues while travelling, you are completely screwed.

/rant
    Last edited by Dr. J; 04-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast