Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking BS from GoPhone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    U don't even need to do that.. Just put in. a non at&t Sim like T-Mobile and if it reads it its unlocked

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I told him about the three methods to unlock. He insisted upon the iTunes method. The telephone probably unlocked when he did the firmware update.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    U don't even need to do that.. Just put in. a non at&t Sim like T-Mobile and if it reads it its unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    I told him about the three methods to unlock. He insisted upon the iTunes method. The telephone probably unlocked when he did the firmware update.
    Some of us don't just have nano-sims for other carriers lying around all over the place. I do have iTunes though so actually that is the easier method for me.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Some of us don't just have nano-sims for other carriers lying around all over the place. I do have iTunes though so actually that is the easier method for me.
    True. Just lucky I had a tmo sim lying around to ensure the code I got for my htc actually worked.

If in a rush and don't want to wait on snail mail. Walmart sell sim kits for the tmo prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    I did the "restore" from iTunes this morning. It worked! I got the "your phone is now unlocked" message. Thanks

And I guess that means that it didn't unlock automatically when I updated to 8.3......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    True. Just lucky I had a tmo sim lying around to ensure the code I got for my htc actually worked.

If in a rush and don't want to wait on snail mail. Walmart sell sim kits for the tmo prepaid.
    I saw that but it appears to be like $6.99. A bit steep to just verify an unlock.

I guess I'll buy a 99 cent SIM card from Ebay unless anyone knows how to get one for free without hassle. Driving over to a TMobile store and asking for one will prob not work and will waste more than 99 cents in gas, plus lots of time.....

Feedback Score
    I asked for one yesterday and they just gave it to me...i told them I would attach the number later on my own...
    Sent from my RM-1034_1014 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I saw that but it appears to be like $6.99. A bit steep to just verify an unlock.

I guess I'll buy a 99 cent SIM card from Ebay unless anyone knows how to get one for free without hassle. Driving over to a TMobile store and asking for one will prob not work and will waste more than 99 cents in gas, plus lots of time.....
    Maybe that is true. The question is this. How much more is a smartphone worth unlocked compared to a carrier locked smartphone.

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    It's not free but you can probably get a Lycamobile or similar SIM card for 1 cent off Amazon. It'd take a few days to receive but it's probably the cheapest if T-Mobile isn't doing a penny/99 cents SIM sale.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I did the "restore" from iTunes this morning. It worked! I got the "your phone is now unlocked" message. Thanks

And I guess that means that it didn't unlock automatically when I updated to 8.3......
    That message appears each time you go through the process. Resetting the telephone locks it again. The firmware restoration unlocks it again. That is normal with iPhones. It will also be re-unlocked once you turn telephone on with a data connection.

Device(s)
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Off topic but addressing some page 2 posts:

For anyone using a sim adapter and it gets stuck on the pins, If you slip a strip of stiff paper like an index card or a cut paper plate between the pins and the sim, it will allow the sim card and adapter to slip out without getting stuck or breaking the pins in the sim slot. I have saved 2 phones doing this! Also if you use a bit of double stick tape to adhere the sim into the adapter it will have less chance of dislodging.
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
    Off topic but addressing some page 2 posts:

For anyone using a sim adapter and it gets stuck on the pins, If you slip a strip of stiff paper like an index card or a cut paper plate between the pins and the sim, it will allow the sim card and adapter to slip out without getting stuck or breaking the pins in the sim slot. I have saved 2 phones doing this! Also if you use a bit of double stick tape to adhere the sim into the adapter it will have less chance of dislodging.
    thank you very much

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    Maybe that is true. The question is this. How much more is a smartphone worth unlocked compared to a carrier locked smartphone.
    Not the question. The question is, how important is it to get the SIM TODAY vs waiting a few days for someone to mail me one via eBay or someone mentioned Amazon.

And this is for a phone I'm keeping.

Now I need to unlock my GS4. So on Android if I remember correctly you get a code, and then you NEED another sim to prompt the phone to show the code entry window. Right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Altanis View Post
    It's not free but you can probably get a Lycamobile or similar SIM card for 1 cent off Amazon. It'd take a few days to receive but it's probably the cheapest if T-Mobile isn't doing a penny/99 cents SIM sale.
    I saw a sale at t-mobile but their website seemed to require me to put in my name etc and then pick a plan. I'd prefer not to have to sign up for some plan and then go through the hassle of canceling it.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Not the question. The question is, how important is it to get the SIM TODAY vs waiting a few days for someone to mail me one via eBay or someone mentioned Amazon.

And this is for a phone I'm keeping.

Now I need to unlock my GS4. So on Android if I remember correctly you get a code, and then you NEED another sim to prompt the phone to show the code entry window. Right?
    Yes I believe you are correct on the code entry.

But this something I don't do everyday. Here is something on the matter I found on the ole inerweb.

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/page/unlock-phone-howto-guide

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast