Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $10/day unlimited Europe-wide roaming, 35+ countries!! [Roam Like Home for EU!]

Device(s)
    Got Bold (pun intended)
    Carrier(s)
    Yep...Rogers
    Feedback Score

$10/day unlimited Europe-wide roaming, 35+ countries!! [Roam Like Home for EU!]

The press releases lit up that Rogers is bringing the "Roam Like Home" to Europe. $10 per day gives you unlimited long distance and unlimited texting Europe-wide (between over~ 35 countries or Canada), and full access to your domestic data bucket (e.g. 12 gigabyte data plan).

Includes Wifi/Bluetooth sharing (tethering), so share to your tablet or laptop to your heart's content just like home.

It is capped at $100 per month, if you're spending a month in Europe.

Certain countries excluded (excludes Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Latvia, Kosovo, Belarus, Cyprus)

Somewhat expensive compared to getting an Euro SIM card, but a huge improvement! You keep your phone number for unlimited incoming/outgoing calls and texts home, including texting your vacation photos.

Press:
    http://business.financialpost.com/fp..._lsa=2e87-2c28
    https://cartt.ca/article/rogers-exte...am-home-europe
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/busin...736/story.html
    Thanks,
    Mark Rejhon

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    so just to make sure i'm 100% clear on this.. I'm spending the next 5 months in Europe, and won't be in those excluded countries

If I pay $100 a month, I'll be able to use my plan, as-is for the whole month without being cut off, right?

Or does it cut off at 10 days / $100 ?

From how you phrased it, i just pay the $100 and i'm good for the whole month

this might be better than getting a bunch of sim cards. I'll be visiting 11 countries in 5 months, so moving every 2 weeks.. it would get expensive in sim cards and activation fees

Feedback Score
    Yes that is correct, provided you are on a share everything plan

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Not getting cut off? Even if you have a 500Mb plan and go over that in the first week, the data stays on and no extra charges? I would have thought they'd cut the data off.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Nope, just $50 per meg after that.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Got Bold (pun intended)
    Carrier(s)
    Yep...Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Nope, just $50 per meg after that.
    It's "Roam Like Home", so the data overages are the same as at home.

If your plan is $15/GB, then you'll pay $15 per gigabyte for dataoverages in Europe, just like if you went over in Canada.

Feedback Score
    Hello. Is there a list of the 35 countries anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Serbia and Bosnia excluded? I would be pissed off if I wanted this roaming pass, because those are the two countries in Europe I ever visit

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Then, do what you always do when you visit.

Feedback Score
    Wow not sure what world this is where $10 per day, $100 a month and $50 a GB seems like good value.

Especially given in most of these places service is cheaper than here to start with.

Must be nice. . .

Feedback Score
    If you're traveling through several European countries within a short time span that are covered by this promo, the convenience of not having to source out a SIM for each country is well worth the $100. If you're sticking to maybe just one or two countries then yes you are better off with a local SIM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

$10/day unlimited Europe-wide roaming, 35+ countries!! [Roam Like Home for EU!]

Also, I'm no fan of Rogers but they're the only major Canadian carrier (excluding WIND) to offer a more than half-decent option for roaming based on in-market plans. Yes, I agree that using local SIMs is cheaper, but at least Rogers in-market plan customers have a convenient alternative that's a lot more affordable than previous options. Bell and Telus roaming options are terrible compared to Roam Like Home.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    If you're traveling through several European countries within a short time span that are covered by this promo, the convenience of not having to source out a SIM for each country is well worth the $100. If you're sticking to maybe just one or two countries then yes you are better off with a local SIM.
    Right, that's exactly how I see it. When I went to Berlin and Vienna last year, it was $45 to get 1GB prepaid + sim card with Vodafone. Since I'm only there for a few days and then moving onto another country, this option from Rogers comes out to nearly the same price as local sims and plans.

Prague (Vodafone) at $40 for 10GB was a great deal, but not all countries have that option.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Also, I'm no fan of Rogers but they're the only major Canadian carrier (excluding WIND) to offer a more than half-decent option for roaming based on in-market plans. Yes, I agree that using local SIMs is cheaper, but at least Rogers in-market plan customers have a convenient alternative that's a lot more affordable than previous options. Bell and Telus roaming options are terrible compared to Roam Like Home.

via the HoFo App
    prett much agree. Still, it's amazing it took them so many years to clue into the fact that obscene roaming rates meant that the vast majority of their customers just won't roam and reasonable rates will mean lots of people will roam meaning actual revenue. How many MBAs does it take to think "gee, if customers won't roam and we are charging a 5000x markup, maybe our rates are too high..."?

To be fair, Telus started this trend of lowest roaming rates when they cut roaming rates as much as 80% within a year. It took Rogers a long time to catch up with that.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drecca View Post
    Right, that's exactly how I see it. When I went to Berlin and Vienna last year, it was $45 to get 1GB prepaid + sim card with Vodafone. Since I'm only there for a few days and then moving onto another country, this option from Rogers comes out to nearly the same price as local sims and plans.

Prague (Vodafone) at $40 for 10GB was a great deal, but not all countries have that option.
    IIRC I got 1GB through Vodafone for $15 a couple years ago in Budapest. As much improved as Rogers new rates are it doesn't beat that. For many people though, it's pretty darn close enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast