Thread: Call Forwarding to a US #

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Call Forwarding to a US #

Client has an unlimited nationwide plan + $3 call forwarding + $10 unlimited US LD.

Will this cover all charges? 3 years ago, the answer would have been no (on TELUS). For whatever reason, if the US LD wasn't actually built into the plan, the system would bill PPU LD for call forwarded to the US, even with an LD feature. On Bell / Rogers, this is not the case.

I just wanted to check if this would work on Koodo today.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    you will be billed. I got billed 900 onces..

but if you are with fido or rogers or bell you will not be charged as long as you have call forwarding and us calling LD

Feedback Score
    WorldIRC, someone asked that today as well on the community forums.

While call forwarding works for all of North America, it will still incur roaming charges in the US
    Even though there is an option to select US Roaming as an add-on, you'd still get additional roaming charges.
    The fact that an expensive roaming addon wouldn't cover roaming charges seems awfully silly.

Someone should post that as an idea for Koodo

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I could understand the system billing US PPU LD from Canada...but to charge US roaming makes no sense and deviates from how Rogers / Bell do things.

At least with Bell, Call Forwarding rules ALWAYS follow the calling rules of the user's home location + any applicable rating features the user may have.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Classic: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

There aren't any roaming charges for forwarding to a US number; there's a long distance toll. Roaming is when you physically use your phone in the US.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 04-24-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Classic: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

There aren't any roaming charges for forwarding to a US number; there's a long distance toll. Roaming is when you physically use your phone in the US.
    The threads linked read differently...and they sound wrong.
    Is the LD Toll covered if one has a US LD feature on their line?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

I wouldn't doubt that they still charge a long distance toll to forward, even if you have a US long distance feature. I'm not certain though. But it's not "roaming". I call BS on that thread.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 04-24-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    Only one way to find out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I could understand the system billing US PPU LD from Canada...but to charge US roaming makes no sense and deviates from how Rogers / Bell do things.

At least with Bell, Call Forwarding rules ALWAYS follow the calling rules of the user's home location + any applicable rating features the user may have.

I had unlimited US with rogers, and also call forwarding on my account, when i forwarded my calls to a usa number i will charged, as rmo told me you can only forwarded to canadian numbers as you are not physically calling the usa which didnt' make sense, they still credited my account

but what I always understood was if you had unlimited USA calls you could set up forwarding to that USA number and all is good

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdon00 View Post
    I had unlimited US with rogers, and also call forwarding on my account, when i forwarded my calls to a usa number i will charged, as rmo told me you can only forwarded to canadian numbers as you are not physically calling the usa which didnt' make sense, they still credited my account

but what I always understood was if you had unlimited USA calls you could set up forwarding to that USA number and all is good
    Never had that issue on Rogers...but then US calling was built into my plan rather than an LD feature added.

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    If I needed
    I would just forward my # to my fongo #
    No charge to worry about