Thread: Please Help me unlock my Docomo SH-03E

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Please Help me unlock my Docomo SH-03E

I bought it off of amazon and the seller said it would be unlocked, but they lied and it wasn't. I don't want to have to return it. Is there anyway to unlock my phone? I bought a sim card for it but it can't be used right now. Advice?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltzQueen View Post
    I bought it off of amazon and the seller said it would be unlocked, but they lied and it wasn't. I don't want to have to return it. Is there anyway to unlock my phone? I bought a sim card for it but it can't be used right now. Advice?
    Yes, it can be unlocked. You need to purchase an unlock code. They sell them on Yahoo Auctions Japan for between 2000 and 3000 Yen. I think you need to own a Japanese credit card to make the purchase tough. So, your best bet would be to ask someone living in Japan to help you. Or you can try contacting Kyoex.com to ask them if they will help you buy the code.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Yes, it can be unlocked. You need to purchase an unlock code. They sell them on Yahoo Auctions Japan for between 2000 and 3000 Yen. I think you need to own a Japanese credit card to make the purchase tough. So, your best bet would be to ask someone living in Japan to help you. Or you can try contacting Kyoex.com to ask them if they will help you buy the code.
    I didn't even know Yahoo auctions was still a thing that existed. Goes to show how new I am. I've emailed Kyoex. Thanks for the advice. And now, I wait for them to get back to me.
    btw these do work with t mobile, once unlocked, correct?

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    WEll, so much for that.
    Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock the SH-03E unless you bring it physically into a Docomo shop, have a person with Docomo account , tell Docomo shop their account number, sign the unlocking agreement, pay unlocking fees.

The phone needs to also have a clean IMEI number, and is checked when its connected by the usb to their computers to run the official unlocking.

You should send it back to the original seller of the phone who promised that it was "unlocked" and have them do the unlock for you free of charge. They should also pay the shipping costs. I would probably send them a complaint email.

Sorry to hear about your phone, but there is nothing which can be done remotely since the flip phones must be physically attached to the Docomo shop computers

Thank you
    Kazuto Tominaga
    Kyoto Exports Japan
    Time to return my phone. Sigh.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltzQueen View Post
    WEll, so much for that.
    Time to return my phone. Sigh.
    Sorry, I had no idea flip keitais need to be physically attached to the unlocker. Return it then you must. Ebay now also offer refund of return-shipping costs, so you won't lose a cent in the end.

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Sorry, I had no idea flip keitais need to be physically attached to the unlocker. Return it then you must. Ebay now also offer refund of return-shipping costs, so you won't lose a cent in the end.
    Too bad I got mine off of Amazon. Not sure if they refund shipping.