Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Currently i have a sero 500 plan. looking to possibly upgrade.
    Does anyone on here have the sero unlimited plan? Looking to see if the sero unlimited actually has unlimited roaming data? Right now we get capped at 350mb?

If it does this is the plan they just offered me.

They just offered me 60.00 a month for it and a 15.00 credit per line for it. Does anyone know if the

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Currently i have a sero 500 plan. looking to possibly upgrade.
    Does anyone on here have the sero unlimited plan? Looking to see if the sero unlimited actually has unlimited roaming data? Right now we get capped at 350mb?

If it does this is the plan they just offered me.

They just offered me 60.00 a month for it and a 15.00 credit per line for it. Does anyone know if the
    I currently have SERO Premium 500 with my iPhone 6.

Runs $58 with taxes.

Device(s)
    Touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow, that would be an interesting detail to find out. I travel alot and have never worried about roaming. But I don't have the unlimited plan, just 700 a month, yada yada

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i miss my SERO plan, free roaming (came in handy) and able to upgrade!...makes me mad that i got rid of it

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i miss my SERO plan, free roaming (came in handy) and able to upgrade!...makes me mad that i got rid of it
    I have the $40 + $10 SERO 500 plan... I've toyed with dropping it so many times, especially with the Metro and Cricket plans that are pretty reasonable -- but a couple of things have stopped me, which goes to show that SERO was and still is the best deal in wireless...

1. Access to international roaming -- not just Canada and Mexico, but all partners -- and depending on the country a gig is either included or is a reasonable $30.

2. We can still upgrade... I thought this was going away... but it still appears to be there. Until this goes away, being able to continue to receive upgrades and have no monthly device fee is HUGE.

3. We actually have a truly "unlimited" data plan -- there was no de-prioritization or anything written into the plan. I don't know of anyone who offers unlimited data without some sort of throttling... especially at this price point. Since it's not an MVNO it has full priority on the network. Even the new plans have notes about tethering.

4. We still have the "old" roaming rules -- 300 minutes/majority and same with megabytes...

5. It's postpaid and is more flexible -- you can also add Spotify and other things to your bill. I have a $15 tablet on a 2 gig plan on my account as well. It's nice to have everything on a postpaid bill -- and not be nagged with payment reminders, screwing with a bucket when roaming etc.

So for those reasons... I'm still with Sprint. I've pondered leaving SO many times over the years... and just can't do it... Until I can find another provider who will give me an upgrade every 2 years with no fees, and unlimited unthrottled data that doesn't compress video, and international roaming in dozens of countries... I'm still here... and probably will be for a long time (or until Sprint forces SERO users onto some other less desirable plan... then I'll finally go shopping)

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    I have the $40 + $10 SERO 500 plan... I've toyed with dropping it so many times, especially with the Metro and Cricket plans that are pretty reasonable -- but a couple of things have stopped me, which goes to show that SERO was and still is the best deal in wireless...

1. Access to international roaming -- not just Canada and Mexico, but all partners -- and depending on the country a gig is either included or is a reasonable $30.

2. We can still upgrade... I thought this was going away... but it still appears to be there. Until this goes away, being able to continue to receive upgrades and have no monthly device fee is HUGE.

3. We actually have a truly "unlimited" data plan -- there was no de-prioritization or anything written into the plan. I don't know of anyone who offers unlimited data without some sort of throttling... especially at this price point. Since it's not an MVNO it has full priority on the network. Even the new plans have notes about tethering.

4. We still have the "old" roaming rules -- 300 minutes/majority and same with megabytes...

5. It's postpaid and is more flexible -- you can also add Spotify and other things to your bill. I have a $15 tablet on a 2 gig plan on my account as well. It's nice to have everything on a postpaid bill -- and not be nagged with payment reminders, screwing with a bucket when roaming etc.

So for those reasons... I'm still with Sprint. I've pondered leaving SO many times over the years... and just can't do it... Until I can find another provider who will give me an upgrade every 2 years with no fees, and unlimited unthrottled data that doesn't compress video, and international roaming in dozens of countries... I'm still here... and probably will be for a long time (or until Sprint forces SERO users onto some other less desirable plan... then I'll finally go shopping)

yup still best plan around, i ditch mine for metro then i went to att prepaid and it wasnt worth it at all very limited like no wifi calling no VOLTE extra taxand no CA LTE so i went back to metro and pay $30 a month with all the features that att prepaid didnt have

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    yup still best plan around, i ditch mine for metro then i went to att prepaid and it wasnt worth it at all very limited like no wifi calling no VOLTE extra taxand no CA LTE so i went back to metro and pay $30 a month with all the features that att prepaid didnt have
    Agreed; I use my mom for MVNO testing since she wanted to drop her SERO for something $30 per month all inclusive rather than the $60 on SERO -- and wasn't using it to it's full advantage (she uses about 300 megs a month of data). I put her unlocked iPhone 5S on the relaunched Helio for $29 per month, which was a good 18 month ride... same speeds and latency as Sprint and roaming included. She didn't notice the difference (neither did I) except her bill was half... Well, that ended in mid-December... I'd told her I didn't know how long this would last, but enjoy it while it did but make sure and let me know if they mentioned anything about cancelling service. I have to admit they gave plenty of notice... 6 weeks of texts every 3 days and weekly calls telling everyone to port out. Of course, my mother didn't tell me this until 3 days before the December 16th cutoff "honey, I keep getting these messages and calls that I have to do something called a 'port out' so I don't lose my number. What is that? Is that a scam? They say something about December 16th" durrrrrpppp.... SO in the last second I moved her to Cricket since her 5S didn't support Band 12 for Metro... and she's good again... for her purposes it's fine. The latency, however is horrible... downloads are consistent 4-8 megs, but the pings are in the 300's. She doesn't know the difference lol

As for me, the 300 pings on Cricket totally kill it... I've tried Metro, and if for some reason I had to leave Sprint (e.g. they doubled my plan, or take away all the SERO benefits I mentioned above) I'd probably switch there since with Band 12, T-Mobile's network around here isn't bad and have eclipsed Sprint, at least until (hopefully not "if") Sprint gets off their butts and gets SMR 800 LTE up around here -- but the pings are still in the 150-200 range... I regularly see 12-20ms pings on Sprint, especially when on Band 41 LTE -- that's in the same range that my Comcast cable gets at the house -- absolutely awesome -- we even now have 2 carrier Band 41 around here... I'm seeing 80-100 megs regularly when on those sites (and they are adding 2 carriers nearly everywhere around here where there is Band 41) -- and on one test I got 118 megs.

So all that to say that at this point I'll put up with a little less coverage to keep my SERO benefits... it's only gotten better -- I've had Sprint since 2001 and went through the "dark times" of 2009-early 2012 -- and the network today is faster than it has ever been... recently they have been re-aiming panels which has surprisingly helped coverage a little bit (mainly in keeping LTE longer before it drops to 3G) and for all these benefits, I'm totally happy -- especially considering that pretty much every "unlimited" plan these days say "mobile optimized" or "may see reduced speeds during congested times" or cuts video to 480p... the SERO plans have none of these restrictions, and I can watch HD video no issues...

I average around 4-6 gigs per month, so I'm not really "taking advantage" of it at all -- but I like it to work to it's full capability when I do use it. I still have Verizon roaming -- and Verizon has recently been adding fill sites, including one I just saw pop up in a "CDMA dead zone" last week. I noticed my phone wasn't searching for service and had 5 bars of Verizon 1x -- looking around I noticed the new panels on the AT&T site (T-Mobile put panels on a light pole near it)... so my Sprint phone is now usable there as well. The ironic thing about this, is that this site was originally a Qwest Wireless site years ago -- and Sprint totally didn't use it when they should have (they were so good about integrating Qwest into the network here -- much better than when they bought Nextel -- but this particular site ended up going to AT&T which is how it sat for the last 12 years) -- which created a total CDMA dead zone... Verizon just fixed that, and indirectly for Sprint customers, using a site that Sprint could have grabbed years back.

So in other words, SERO is still great... if Sprint gets SMR LTE around here it will be even better... but I'm happy considering the alternatives. I haven't "lost" anything -- and with Verizon's additions I'm getting some extra roaming fill-in.

N

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is what I get at home.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Agreed; I use my mom for MVNO testing since she wanted to drop her SERO for something $30 per month all inclusive rather than the $60 on SERO -- and wasn't using it to it's full advantage (she uses about 300 megs a month of data). I put her unlocked iPhone 5S on the relaunched Helio for $29 per month, which was a good 18 month ride... same speeds and latency as Sprint and roaming included. She didn't notice the difference (neither did I) except her bill was half... Well, that ended in mid-December... I'd told her I didn't know how long this would last, but enjoy it while it did but make sure and let me know if they mentioned anything about cancelling service. I have to admit they gave plenty of notice... 6 weeks of texts every 3 days and weekly calls telling everyone to port out. Of course, my mother didn't tell me this until 3 days before the December 16th cutoff "honey, I keep getting these messages and calls that I have to do something called a 'port out' so I don't lose my number. What is that? Is that a scam? They say something about December 16th" durrrrrpppp.... SO in the last second I moved her to Cricket since her 5S didn't support Band 12 for Metro... and she's good again... for her purposes it's fine. The latency, however is horrible... downloads are consistent 4-8 megs, but the pings are in the 300's. She doesn't know the difference lol

As for me, the 300 pings on Cricket totally kill it... I've tried Metro, and if for some reason I had to leave Sprint (e.g. they doubled my plan, or take away all the SERO benefits I mentioned above) I'd probably switch there since with Band 12, T-Mobile's network around here isn't bad and have eclipsed Sprint, at least until (hopefully not "if") Sprint gets off their butts and gets SMR 800 LTE up around here -- but the pings are still in the 150-200 range... I regularly see 12-20ms pings on Sprint, especially when on Band 41 LTE -- that's in the same range that my Comcast cable gets at the house -- absolutely awesome -- we even now have 2 carrier Band 41 around here... I'm seeing 80-100 megs regularly when on those sites (and they are adding 2 carriers nearly everywhere around here where there is Band 41) -- and on one test I got 118 megs.

So all that to say that at this point I'll put up with a little less coverage to keep my SERO benefits... it's only gotten better -- I've had Sprint since 2001 and went through the "dark times" of 2009-early 2012 -- and the network today is faster than it has ever been... recently they have been re-aiming panels which has surprisingly helped coverage a little bit (mainly in keeping LTE longer before it drops to 3G) and for all these benefits, I'm totally happy -- especially considering that pretty much every "unlimited" plan these days say "mobile optimized" or "may see reduced speeds during congested times" or cuts video to 480p... the SERO plans have none of these restrictions, and I can watch HD video no issues...

I average around 4-6 gigs per month, so I'm not really "taking advantage" of it at all -- but I like it to work to it's full capability when I do use it. I still have Verizon roaming -- and Verizon has recently been adding fill sites, including one I just saw pop up in a "CDMA dead zone" last week. I noticed my phone wasn't searching for service and had 5 bars of Verizon 1x -- looking around I noticed the new panels on the AT&T site (T-Mobile put panels on a light pole near it)... so my Sprint phone is now usable there as well. The ironic thing about this, is that this site was originally a Qwest Wireless site years ago -- and Sprint totally didn't use it when they should have (they were so good about integrating Qwest into the network here -- much better than when they bought Nextel -- but this particular site ended up going to AT&T which is how it sat for the last 12 years) -- which created a total CDMA dead zone... Verizon just fixed that, and indirectly for Sprint customers, using a site that Sprint could have grabbed years back.

So in other words, SERO is still great... if Sprint gets SMR LTE around here it will be even better... but I'm happy considering the alternatives. I haven't "lost" anything -- and with Verizon's additions I'm getting some extra roaming fill-in.

N

dude this is to much read,sorry....i just read the very last part.....yes SERO is awesome depending on ur coverage

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    dude this is too much read,sorry....
    lol....I was thinking the same thing.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Question: Has anyone tried to do a TOL since the new plan started? A person used to have to already have a SERO plan, or an EPRP plan, to be able to add a SERO plan to their account. But now the EPRP is going away, so I don't know if it's even something one can do at all.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Question: Has anyone tried to do a TOL since the new Unlimited plan started? A person used to have to already have a SERO plan, or an EPRP plan, to be able to add a SERO plan to their account. But now the EPRP is going away, so I don't know if it's even something one can do at all.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    Question: Has anyone tried to do a TOL since the new Unlimited plan started? A person used to have to already have a SERO plan, or an EPRP plan, to be able to add a SERO plan to their account. But now the EPRP is going away, so I don't know if it's even something one can do at all.

as being a ex sprint customer (8 years with them), i would say hell no...it was super hard trying to get my SERO to TOL outta my name then after i wanted SERO again and try to do another TOL into my name, no lie me and the seller tried for weeks and talk to every manager to the point where they told us to stop calling to do the TOL because it wont happen SERO is dead...sooo yea,should of kept my plan

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FYI- 2 year contract upgrades are removed from Sprint's website so I think that severely cuts SERO's value. I have an upgrade available but was holding out for the S8 release. Waited too long apparently...

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post
    FYI- 2 year contract upgrades are removed from Sprint's website so I think that severely cuts SERO's value. I have an upgrade available but was holding out for the S8 release. Waited too long apparently...
    Try calling the regular accounts line, and ask them to sign you up for 2 more years. I saw exactly the same thing you did, and called Employee Accounts. THEY told me no more 2 year contracts. Can't help me. Bye bye to my phone subsidy. I called back to the regular Sprint side and an (American) CSR said she could do it. Not only would I get an S7 Edge Plus, but she said I WOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP SERO PREMIUM! I didn't have the cash on hand, so I said I would call back later. She said she would NOT guarantee that I would get the renewal later.
    Food for thought.
    If the subsidy is gone, so am I...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast