Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

Feedback Score
    I'm going thru this very thing now. 2 lines, one phone stolen, other doesn't work and on standby. Nothing I can do without doing a verification code. Plus, it looks like I'll lose Sero plan on my standby line now as I bought a cellphone on ebay in order to add it to the standby line. But they can't reactivate SERO even though I was initially told I could before going on standby.

Feedback Score

Post Dump Sero

Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
    I'm going thru this very thing now. 2 lines, one phone stolen, other doesn't work and on standby. Nothing I can do without doing a verification code. Plus, it looks like I'll lose Sero plan on my standby line now as I bought a cellphone on ebay in order to add it to the standby line. But they can't reactivate SERO even though I was initially told I could before going on standby.
    Sounds to me like Sprint just doesn't want you (or any of us) as a customer anymore. I ported my long-standing Sero line out to Total Wireless early this year and have been very pleased so far. It might be something to consider for other Sero holdouts as well.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    ...I ported my long-standing Sero line out to Total Wireless early this year and have been very pleased so far...
    I pay $50 for unlimited everything, I don't see how Total Wireless could compete?

Feedback Score

Post Is "unlimited" worth the hassle though?

Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    I pay $50 for unlimited everything, I don't see how Total Wireless could compete?
    The price is similar. SERO 500 customers would be going from $30 to $35, and SERO-P people would be going from $50 (more like 60 after taxes/fees) to $35. How often did anyone ever go over 5GB monthly on SERO anyway? I don't think I ever topped 3GB in any single month, even with heavy use and a fair bit of tethering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    The price is similar. SERO 500 customers would be going from $30 to $35, and SERO-P people would be going from $50 (more like 60 after taxes/fees) to $35. How often did anyone ever go over 5GB monthly on SERO anyway? I don't think I ever topped 3GB in any single month, even with heavy use and a fair bit of tethering.
    Taxes in CA are about $4-5 on SERO P. I absolutely go over 5gb monthly. My average is usually around 7-9gb nowadays without tethering.

Device(s)
    Touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Everyone in my family was on a different Sero plans during its hype. Life was good. As sprint declared war on us, I decided to start looking around. It took about four months to find the deal that I needed. It was hard pulling the plug after so many hours thinking about sero. But rest assure the grass was greener for me on the other side. I currently live in a meto area and have changed to Tmobile. Tmobile let me double up on the promos during my change over. I currently have 3 phones Unlimited everything for 84.00 a month. Yes, I did have to buy phones, but I waited until they had a phone sale. I get an additional 10 off for each phone that uses less than 2gb for that month. Two phones use 6-9gb per month. So with the money I save I can afford to purchase outright.

Feedback Score

Post Better deals, and discussion of roaming

Quote Originally Posted by gatewaytoheaven View Post
    Taxes in CA are about $4-5 on SERO P. I absolutely go over 5gb monthly. My average is usually around 7-9gb nowadays without tethering.
    That's a lot of data. Even so, by my calculations, you'd still be in the clear: $35 (with 5GB included) plus $10 for an additional 5GB would bring you to $45 plus tax (minus a couple dollars for autopay discount) and you'd still have a seriously huge amount of data to work with. You'd need a second 5GB add-on to reach the current SERO-P cost, but you'd also end up with a grand total of 15GB, and the add-on data never expires.

It might not be for you right now, but it's definitely something to consider. It's arguably one of the better deals in wireless right now. The only real downside is that there are no contracts/subsidies (free/discounted phones) and no roaming. Then again, with Verizon, roaming is scarcely needed anymore anyway (unless you're in Alaska or something).

Quote Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
    Tmobile let me double up on the promos during my change over. I currently have 3 phones Unlimited everything for 84.00 a month. Yes, I did have to buy phones, but I waited until they had a phone sale. I get an additional 10 off for each phone that uses less than 2gb for that month. Two phones use 6-9gb per month. So with the money I save I can afford to purchase outright.
    Hopefully they didn't stiff you out of roaming for that price.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation Trolls need not apply

Please be aware... flaming, trolling and bad attitudes will not be accepted. If you have something constructive to add, great! If you've come to troll, or give erroneous bad rep to someone, please....just move along.

Merry Christmas to the non-trolls out there!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
    Everyone in my family was on a different Sero plans during its hype. Life was good. As sprint declared war on us, I decided to start looking around. It took about four months to find the deal that I needed. It was hard pulling the plug after so many hours thinking about sero. But rest assure the grass was greener for me on the other side. I currently live in a meto area and have changed to Tmobile. Tmobile let me double up on the promos during my change over. I currently have 3 phones Unlimited everything for 84.00 a month. Yes, I did have to buy phones, but I waited until they had a phone sale. I get an additional 10 off for each phone that uses less than 2gb for that month. Two phones use 6-9gb per month. So with the money I save I can afford to purchase outright.
    That's not bad, I just wish I could use T-Mobile at my job. I tried it didn't work too well...

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wow this is still open?...SERO is dead what sprint should do is bring back SERO but with small changes like unlimited voice vs 500 keep unlimited data with no throttling at all then after 15GB throttle will kick in at the rate of 2Mbps

screw copying the other carriers Sprint needs to do their own thing!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    wow this is still open?...SERO is dead ...
    Well, not quite yet. I still have it and with my 'Any Three, Any Network' SOC, I use Google Voice (mine is still integrated with Sprint) to have fully unlimited everything. I'm going to keep it till they kick me off of it.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    Well, not quite yet. I still have it and with my 'Any Three, Any Network' SOC, I use Google Voice (mine is still integrated with Sprint) to have fully unlimited everything. I'm going to keep it till they kick me off of it.
    damn i forgot about the google voice being integrated with ur sprint number...sprint really needs to do something with their plans to get customers.......i would of kept my plan but the voice calls were bad, switch over to metro pcs and voice calls (VoLTE) was a HUGE game changer ...super crisp clear calls

Feedback Score
    Anyone out there still rocking the SERO $30 plan?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Pepperidge Farm Remembers SERO 500

Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Anyone out there still rocking the SERO $30 plan?
    I was, up until about nine months ago. It was a legendary plan for what it was, but I saw the writing on the wall when folks started reporting that any changes to the plan would automatically result in a forced "upgrade" to the $60 plan. It was great for what it was and I don't have any regrets for sticking with it for half a decade. SERO 500 served me well, but Total Wireless's $35 plan (and later, their $25 plan) won out in the end when it came time to switch phones.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9