Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Exclamation New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

I tried to activate an S5 on my Sero-P plan, online, but I was told to call or use chat.
    I called employee accounts, and I was told that Sprint was eliminating all plans with minutes, and if I wanted to activate a different handset I would have to change over to a "Sero Unlimited" plan. No minutes, all things unlimited (I just wonder how true that is) for $60 a month.
    I reminded the person that I had a contract, and to force me to change it, mid-term, wasn't right. I was told that the contract only pertained to the fact that I was receiving a discounted (subsidized) handset for the term of contract.
    I told the person I wanted to leave everything alone for now. I called back in 30 minutes and changed handsets with a different agent with none of this nonsense even being mentioned.

I wouldn't mind the extra cost, but I have the "Any Three, Any Network Free" add-on. So, with my Google Voice number as one of my three I have unlimited anyway.
    I just don't like being told to change in the middle of a contracts term. That's shady.
    Last edited by oZo; 05-03-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sprint wants SERO to disappear. They make phone swapping a PITA, access to CS has become very limited (try calling after 10 pm), and chat option is never available.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS (SERO 500)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. The knowledge (an apparently policy understanding) of SERO definitely varies from rep to rep.

Device(s)
    Sprint Galaxy S3, Moto E (2015)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon, Ting
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is this the Employees Referring Customers - Employee Referral Unlimited, My Way plan?

http://www.sprint.com/landings/every...RP2-modal.html

As I read that, for one line it would be $50 + $20 for data = $70.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmmm I'd be curious if this is actually in the works or if some rep just misunderstood something. I'll take it as business as usual until told otherwise...

If they really are going to mess with SERO--which is held by some of their longest and most loyal customers, they stand to lose a number of us.

The only thing that has really kept me from shopping these days is 'at least I get subsidized phones and don't have to mess with international roaming SIMs when I go to Canada or elsewhere' - - SERO is still a good deal, but it's not an absolute steal the way it was for years.

I don't use a ton of data -- 1 or 2 gigs -- Google Fi is looking pretty good to me even if it means my next phone would be a Nexus; similar pricing on the low end for data and no problem with international like the prepaids. If SERO was to go up by 10 bucks it makes a good case to head to Google... If they take away subsidized phones when I next upgrade (which is what some rep tried to tell me when I upgraded last time "this will probably be your last upgrade, we're moving to purchase plans or leases") then Google just picked up a new subscriber...

N

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmmm. $50/mo for unlimited talk and text? Kind of pricey for what realistically amounts to unlimited talk. I thought test costs carriers nothing to provide.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Hmmm. $50/mo for unlimited talk and text? Kind of pricey for what realistically amounts to unlimited talk. I thought test costs carriers nothing to provide.
    The newer one is EPRP and is 50 plus 20 for data - - the older one that is the topic is SERO - - the oldest version was 500 minutes and unlimited data for non-smartphones (plus older Windows Mobile devices) for 30 per month... The newer version is 40 + 10 for data which allows all newer phones as well. There's also a version for 10 bucks more that gives 1250 minutes. Night and weekends at 7 and Any Mobile anytime are included so the only 'minutes' counted are during the week during the day to landlines.

N

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was referring to the rates listed in DavidEBSmith's link. The folks in charge seem to have created their own new iteration of employee referral plans. EPRP no longer exists for new lines. It's ERC (Employees Referring Customers) Program. It's clear from the FAQ that these new guys no very little about the evolution of SERO.

Too many plans, too many SOCs. Wasn't that a problem in the past?

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    I was referring to the rates listed in DavidEBSmith's link. The folks in charge seem to have created their own new iteration of employee referral plans. EPRP no longer exists for new lines. It's ERC (Employees Referring Customers) Program. It's clear from the FAQ that these new guys no very little about the evolution of SERO.

Too many plans, too many SOCs. Wasn't that a problem in the past?
    I don't get any reason why you'd take this new ERC program when you can get the unlimited iPhone plan for 50 or any other phone for 60 per month now... Does this include a subsidized phone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    SERO is still an active SOC in the system if you need an ESN swap. In certain channels, the system flags us to change the plan and won't let us continue unless we do. It's always best to go through a channel that can do the swap.

Device(s)
    Sprint Galaxy S3, Moto E (2015)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon, Ting
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    SERO is still an active SOC in the system if you need an ESN swap. In certain channels, the system flags us to change the plan and won't let us continue unless we do. It's always best to go through a channel that can do the swap.

Potentially fundamental question here, but what's a channel, which ones can do the swap, which can't, and how can the user pick the right ones? (Since my wife has cracked the screen on her phone and one of these days I'll need to switch to a non-borken phone.)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEBSmith View Post
    Potentially fundamental question here, but what's a channel, which ones can do the swap, which can't, and how can the user pick the right ones? (Since my wife has cracked the screen on her phone and one of these days I'll need to switch to a non-borken phone.)
    The channels I mean are like direct/indirect (retail store), escalations, employee accounts, etc. I know that National Sales Support can (retail employees can call this department), employee accounts, and the escalations department at 703-433-4401

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question

Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    The channels I mean are like direct/indirect (retail store), escalations, employee accounts, etc. I know that National Sales Support can (retail employees can call this department), employee accounts, and the escalations department at 703-433-4401
    I was talking with Employee Accounts when I had the initial conversation in the OP. I have since swapped handsets twice (I get bored) since then.
    I still don't know what that rep was talking about.

Device(s)
    Samsung Ace
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Long time Sprint customer (10yrs +) and was with Nextel before that. I have two SERO iphone 5S with 500 talk mins, free nights and weekends, and unlimited everything else, and this month's bill with taxes and fees was $113.50. The actual bill is $40 + $10 data pack. For the service we get, which I would characterize as average - it's a fair price to pay. I recently did have an issue with a rep when I called about upgrading to an iphone 6 and she wanted to force me to a new plan. But I saw where that was going and ended the dialogue. The next rep I spoke with said the plan would not have to change and said he put a notation on my account. The last time I had to swap a handset during a repair, my bill actually went down b/c they removed the data pack off the old Rant used as a temp phone.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've had the SERO Premium plan for years. I chatted with a rep to change my device (because I could not do it online) a couple of days ago. I reviewed my account today and they switched me from SERO Premium to SERO Unlimited. They made no mention of this and did this change without my knowledge. I was paying $40 + $10 (Premium Data) for a total of $50/Month. Now I am paying $60/Month. The $10 Premium Data charge was absorbed into the $60.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast