Thread: VOIP NB cancelling AT&T as soon as their promotional U-VERSE rate ends

Feedback Score

VOIP NB cancelling AT&T as soon as their promotional U-VERSE rate ends

There is no delicate way of saying this: 30 years ago like millions of Americans I bet on real estate, and sometime around 2008 lost all but the derelict house I'm living in now because I own the deed outright. Believe me, I know of others far worse off than myself God help them.

Last year around this time I signed up for a promotional AT&T U-Verse package of VOIP and (2Gen) DSL because it had become more expensive to pay for separate landline service + cheap dial-up. I can live without internet (temporarily) but my first concern is to find a low-cost way of parking the landline AT&T gave me 30 years ago when I first went into business.

In the past week of researching this issue I've seen multiple services such as Ring.to (associated in some way with Broadband.com) and everything from Google Voice to Magicjack. Some of these companies are less than a year old! How can I be certain they won't fold . . . and take my beloved Landline number with them? $2/month from Numberbarn? Yes, but is the company safe?

The AT&T promo will be ending any day now and I'm uncertain how to transfer it safely. Thank you for this wonderful forum and I apologize for how long this was.

izzy
    Virgin Assurance Wireless (US Fed Gov subsidized)
    Alcatel OneTouch Retro (Flip Phone, alternatively branded SpeakEasy)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    What Internet service will you then use for Voice over IP? Howard Forums has an AT&T U-verse sub-forum here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...rse-Bundles?s=
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    What Internet service will you then use for Voice over IP?
    Earl I'm going to have to go without internet for awhile, I am that poor.

What do you think about RING.TO? Are they safe? Is there a better, safer service? This is nervewracking!