Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Telus equivalent to Rogers "Roam like home" might be coming.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Rogers needs to see the first battlefield that is coverage out west. They are now advertising EXT coverage a lot around here.
    If EXT started costing them a lot of money then Bellus is doing their market research for them. It's genius really.

Quote Originally Posted by grafikal View Post
    Then they're really just losing out on potential profits as all those people will user other services like Roam Mobility or Knowroaming. Roaming is the next battlefield, Rogers sees that, will see if Telus does as well.

This. 1000x this. I was on Fido and using Roam Mobility. Now I'm on Rogers using Roam Like Home. RLH now covers Europe as well. Perhaps others over time? The ridiculous roaming rate gravy train won't last forever. Telus and Bell are well behind the curve on this.
    Sent from my Lumia via the HoFo Windows Phone app
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    If you're a frequent traveler, yes - RLH (or its equivalent on another carrier) is fantastic. If you only travel a couple of times a year, I don't see how giving up a great domestic plan in favour of a RLH-compatible (and much more costly with a lot less data) domestic plan would benefit someone. Infrequent travellers with a good plan - keep the plan and use Roam Mobility or the carrier's roaming rates...far less costly in the long run.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    It kind of depends on your perspective. I had a Family Share Plan on Bell and switched over to a Share Everything Plan on Rogers in order to get Roam Like Home. The prices were basically identical for those types of plans. For a family plan with four lines and two iPads it made sense to switch to get Roam Like Home. You don't have to travel extensively to make it worth your while. A lot of the appeal is the peace of mind of not really worrying about roaming. We travel to the US for about two weeks per year plus about 3-5 two day trips on business. So from that perspective it was a no-brainer. However, the offset is that we gave up what I consider to be a better, well-balanced and extensive network. If Bell or Telus came out with something comparable I'd probably switch back to get the better domestic network.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Totally agree with the 2 above statements. I myself wouldn't change a great plan just for the purpose of a roam like home feature. I do use Telus travel pack all most all the time. I like the 30 day, $25 for 50 minutes, 50mb of data (access to wifi almost everywhere, and text messaging. But I did use Roam Mobility for a short weekend trip. I got the data only package (300mb for 3 days and for $8) and used an old cell phone and used it as a hot spot with my current phone while using Telus Extend. It did its purpose, only draw back is I was carrying 2 phones.

Feedback Score
    These Roam like Home plans are convenient for those that want to use the same number. But one has to move to the very expensive share plans plus the extra $5 or $10 a day.

Now if only the Telcos could do something like in the EU.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3#post15977173

The European Parliament regulated the Roaming rates but here the govvernment has a hard time or a unwillingness to regulate domestic roaming rates. So no chance of seeing a North American Roaming Agreement.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Maybe Telus will release something similar to T-Mobile (see link below) and sign an exclusive roaming agreement with them? And on top of that, maybe they'll also make it available on all Telus plans including corporate? Ok ok, I can dream, can't I?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/07/09/t-...home-to-shame/

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    This seems to be broadly being misreported as a new benefit to existing plans. My reading of it is that it's a new plan unto itself, at 1GB/$50 U.S. a month, and this plan lacks most other T-Mobile benefits (Music Freedom, domestic roaming, etc.). Am I crazy, or are almost all news sites completely dropping the ball on this one?

Edit: Maybe I am crazy. They've updated the language from this morning. They way it was phrased this morning made it sound like a new plan. Now it sounds like a new feature for existing customers.

Wow... this uncarrier stuff is costly. MetroPCS charges $20 less per month for the sane size data bucket.

Device(s)
    ?
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'll just leave this here

Name:  roam.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  94.6 KB

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    I'll just leave this here

Name:  roam.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  94.6 KB
    Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wow! Is it official or is this what's coming? I can't see it on their website.

Oops. I hadn't seen the dates on the page.
    Last edited by catechumen; 07-14-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Device(s)
    ?
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Check the pic, start date set for July 16th

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Is there a cap in the amount? 10 days? 20 days?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if "consumer accounts" include individual liability corp plans where the account is in the customer's name and customers receive and pay their own bills?

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Some good and some bad. It looks like it applies to grandparented plans. That's very good (versus Roam Like Home).

It's HSPA-only, it says nothing about capping after 10 days, and it's 40% more expensive. That's bad (versus Roam Like Home).

It's probably good enough to stop most people from leaving for Rogers over RLH (which some in this thread have discussed doing) which is likely what they intended.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    Some good and some bad. It looks like it applies to grandparented plans. That's very good (versus Roam Like Home).

It's HSPA-only, it says nothing about capping after 10 days, and it's 40% more expensive. That's bad (versus Roam Like Home).

It's probably good enough to stop most people from leaving for Rogers over RLH (which some in this thread have discussed doing) which is likely what they intended.
    It's 40% more expensive...but so are the Rogers Share Everything Plans one is required to have on Rogers (and that cost is applicable every month, always).

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast