Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: TF CDMA+LTE BYOP - Questions and Answers

Feedback Score
    I did some testing with CDMA SIM cards this weekend. I registered 3 SIM cards using the IMEI of my backup S3 by changing the last digit. No problems at all and did not need to use NAC cards. I activated one with the transfer from AT&T GSM SIM card to the Verizon SIM card. I activated the second one with $10 and a new number. The third one I just registered and listed on my account I have not activated it yet. As a result of this testing I have a surplus of NAC cards that I'm willing to sell for a dollar each shipping by email included. I also have a CDMA SIM card with 85 minutes and 29 days on it that I can mail to you or transfer immediately if you have a new SIM card for $15. If interested contact me by PM.

Feedback Score
    BMWTERRY,
    Why sell the NACs when TracFone no longer requires them as you confirmed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    BMWTERRY,
    Why sell the NACs when TracFone no longer requires them as you confirmed?
    My poor attempt at a joke. Some people just can't resist a good deal.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Glad it was a joke. I had started a thread for giving them away but it didn't seem to go anywhere.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1880610

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

SIM question

Here’s what I need to do:
    >Currently using a locked Verizon iPhone 6s+ on TF with a ST CDMA sim I activated over a year ago on an iphone 6.

>Want to give the 6 to my husband who currently has a 4s on TF.

>Have a new ST cdma sim.

>Can I put that new sim in the 6 & transfer my husbands number & buckets to it by changing the last digit on the imei?
    OR Would it be better to activate in the locked 6s+ & just swap sims?

>What would be the steps?
    Thanks for any help

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Why is the 6s "locked" if the SIM was activated with a 6?

As for the 4s->6, registering with a modified IMEI would keep the real one out of TF's system, but only an issue if you expect to move to a sister company or sell it.

Are you saying you have a 6 now in TF's system that not being/ use and it's IMEI is not connected to an active SIM?
    If that's the case you would have to contact TF to change the SIM associated with that 6. (You don't have to put the SIM that phone).

Using a new IMEI allows to all be done online. No need to contact TF CSRs.

Feedback Score
    The 6s+ is locked to Verizon. I have the Sim from the 6 in it and it works fine. Yes the 6 is in the Tracfone system & its imei is connected to the sim I'm using in the 6s+. I'm not using the 6 it and want to give it to my husband who currently has a 4s on Tracfone

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart27 View Post
    The 6s+ is locked to Verizon. I have the Sim from the 6 in it and it works fine. Yes the 6 is in the Tracfone system & its imei is connected to the sim I'm using in the 6s+.
    You'll have to use a different IMEI to register a new SIM since the 6's IMEI is tied to your active SIM in the 6s+.

Could be a modification (last digit) of either phone's IMEI, or even the real IMEI from the 6s+.

Not sure why the 6s+ would be locked to Verizon. Should be unlocked like other Verizon LTE phone with band 4. Should be able to use it with any GSM carrier.

Feedback Score
    Well I bought it on eBay & it was described as locked as opposed to unlocked. I know it has both GSM & CDMA capabilities but assumed I would have to go with CDMA. Can I check it by putting the imei in the GSM checker on Tracfone ?

Feedback Score
    Well I bought it on eBay & it was described as locked as opposed to unlocked. I know it has both GSM & CDMA capabilities but assumed I would have to go with CDMA. Can I check it by putting the imei in the GSM checker on Tracfone ?
    You can try, but being a Verizon 4G LTE, it is already unlocked for GSM use by agreement between Verizon and the FCC.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Ok. Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Can I check it by putting the imei in the GSM checker on Tracfone ?
    TF doesn't have an IMEI checker for the GSM side.
    Since it's in the Verizon database, the other/don't know option will return results for using Verizon.

Maybe try AT&T or one of the AT&T MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the help & info.

Feedback Score

Big Easy questions

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    markf1971,
    prof68 has the best suggestion.

Let's make it 10% better. Go to 'shopcelldeals.com'

'shopcelldeals.com/collections/tracfone-phones/products/tracfone-alcatel-a382g-big-easy-with-double-minutes-for-life'

Buy 4, use code SCD4ME to save 10%, activate one, then wait 24 hours and transfer into the next, etc, then finally end up with 4 years/3200 minutes to transfer to your BYOP. Perfect way to load up a new line.
    I have a few questions:

If I buy the 'Big Easy' deal, how long is it good for..... Could I wait 6 months or a year and then activate it for my 1 year of service?

I already have a BYOP smartfone activated with TF with a phone # that my wife has had for years..... If I buy the 'Big Easy' deal, I would need to activate the new BE phone and service with a new#, then after a day or so I should ask TF to move the BE phone's balances to be combined with my wife's existing BYOP smartphone # and her current balances, right?

Again, just for clarification... If the 'Big Easy' deal is purchased it has to be activated stand alone right?

Any helpful hints on having the 'Big Easy' deal balances transferred to another pre-existing TF phone and phone #? Or combining one BE with another BE (as the quoted poster, tfusr19, stated)?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The post I made above required that I omit the URL because I have not posted enough times to be allowed to post a link. That is the only reason that I 'edited' the poster's quote and why the link is not functional.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast