Thread: Any Huawei Ascend Mate 2 owners? Seeing poor 4G (LTE/HSPA+) speeds...

Feedback Score

Question Any Huawei Ascend Mate 2 owners? Seeing poor 4G (LTE/HSPA+) speeds...

For the Truphone/AT&T/T-mobile users out there, may I ask if your Mate 2/service has pretty robust 4G performance?

I just purchased the phone for use with Truphone (MVNO for both AT&T and T-mobile), and am seeing 4G in the top status bar, but have really slow performance -- 1 Mbps max even when 3 or 4 signal bars at ~85 dbm.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the same Truphone provider/set up and I see 10+ Mbps from the same location... I tried swapping the SIM cards and the service doesn't seem to be problem, as the S4 gets the same performance with the Mate 2's SIM.

I see both T-mobile and AT&T under Mobile Networks > Available Network Operators, so am surprised the Mate 2 is have such difficulty.

For reference, I'm on ROM B148 on a MT2-L03.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I see this post is a month old. Stumbled onto it. I own same phone. Just updated to Lp b149. I am on cricket. I have not had any problems getting 4glte on jb or Lp. First thing I would check is in settings under mobile data. There are choices there. Mine is set to auto and includes lte. See what yours is and experiment. Last is huawei does have a warranty. Check it on their website and contact them if need be. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Fyi.. I have multiple HAM2 phones and have run them on AT&T networks via Straight Talk, NET10, and Cricket. I've seen speedtest results in excess of 30mbps without signal issues in Greater Los Angeles for the last year. The wifi performance has also been excellent at close to 150mbps. I've also been on B148 until just recently upgrading to the B322 Lollipop release.