Thread: Samsung Smooth SCH-U350 Prepaid as a temp replacement for Droid X2 on TT1200 plan?

Feedback Score

Question Samsung Smooth SCH-U350 Prepaid as a temp replacement for Droid X2 on TT1200 plan?

My Droid X2 I've been using on PPC Talk & Text 1200 plan got wet and won't turn on. Until I get a new phone I have an old Samsung Smooth I bought at Walmart over 4 years ago and used it for about a year on Verizon prepaid. I searched on my question and turned up threads from 2009 and some said these prepaid phones wouldn't work on PPC anymore after some new Verizon policy. The wiki says this prepaid phone is on the banned list, yet it seems some people are using these prepaids on PPC still.

So my first question is, can my Smooth be used on PPC without modification? If so, can I just add it to my PPC account and port my number to it? Does anyone know if my minutes/text/data remaining for the month will remain?

Thanks for any help.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Enter the ESN here: https://www.prepayrefill.com/page-plus-esn-validation/ and it will tell you.

Assuming you still have an account with PP, you would need to do an ESN change. You can do it for free through PP chat or for $2 here: https://www.prepayrefill.com/product...us-esn-change/

Feedback Score
    Wow, the last time I changed phones it cost me, I think, $5 to check an ESN, and another 10 or so to do an ESN change. I just verified the phone with your link and did the free ESN change and I was up and running on the old phone in about 2 minutes. Thanks for the info!

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    Wow, the last time I changed phones it cost me, I think, $5 to check an ESN, and another 10 or so to do an ESN change. I just verified the phone with your link and did the free ESN change and I was up and running on the old phone in about 2 minutes. Thanks for the info!
    You were ripped off, probably by a certain dealer, which can't be mentioned here.

Those have always been free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    You should avoid like the plague for eternity whoever charged you those fees.

Feedback Score
    I could be thinking of the original activation fee on PPC. But I do know I had to pay around $5 to check the ESN on my second phone that I got on ebay, and it wasn't $2. That was 3-4 years ago. Sorry, didn't want to get anyone riled up