Thread: Brand new smart phone user

Feedback Score

Brand new smart phone user

After years of using flip phones I finally got something modern and decent by current standards. My tech knowledge is woefully out of date as I had dropped internet service years ago when I was in a financial bind and never picked it back up. So as far as computers and advanced tech like smart phones are concerned I might as well have shown up in 2015 with Sherman and Mr. Peabody. Long story short, I decided I needed a modern phone so I went to the local Wally world figuring on getting the biggest thing I could find. A ZTE Lever. I am certain there are better phones and service providers out there but as for right now I am impressed. After reading up on Straighttalk I may go in a different direction but I'm still figuring things out. For example I figure my daily data usage will leave me throttled for the last 5 days of the month. The next phone I get I believe I will try to find a provider that will sell a bit more data per month.

Feedback Score
    OK. Now that I have 5 gigs of data per month and the reduced speed for exceeding that limit have been bumped to 2g (as . discussed in other threads) I have a question.
    Is there a way to connect android phones without a specific video out port to a monitor?
    If the answer is yes (for a ZTE lever) what exactly do I need to get to make it happen?
    The reason I ask is that I was originally going to get a big tablet for my daily internet use. Now that my data limit has gone up with my phone I think that it can handle my internet needs. I know there are phone compatible keyboards out there.
    If I could pair one of those with a larger display I would be all set. No need for a tablet then. Assuming it is possible with this particular phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I've never tried. I believe that some phones could use an app that paired with a PC program woudl project the phone's screen onto the PC monitor. But just connecting the phone to a monitor without the phone having a mini-HDMI connector? I don't see how that would work. There are BT keyboards that work with Android phones. Maybe what you need is a box with a big Fresnel lens?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Pairing with a PC would be fine. It doesn't have to be a stand alone set up. I just lack the technical know how about what would be required if it is possible.

Feedback Score
    Google your hardware and "Miracast", also Widi, Wi-Fi Direct for "full mirroring" and "screen extending", as opposed to casting specific windows as with Chromecast.

For receivers, many modern monitors & BluRay players, or the modern Rokus, Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter, also Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro or ScreenBeam Mini 2

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    On another note I didn't drop my phone at all prior to getting the case. Since then I have knocked the belt clip off my belt three times at work in about a week.
    Funny how that works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hancock View Post
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    On another note I didn't drop my phone at all prior to getting the case. Since then I have knocked the belt clip off my belt three times at work in about a week.
    Funny how that works.
    Lol.

So how do you like your ZTE Lever?

Feedback Score
    I like it a lot. I wouldn't want to go without a big smartphone now and I've only had it for about three months or so.

Feedback Score
    I have to say that the new 5 gig data plan is working out for me too. My phone is my daily internet device now and that extra data means I can do everything I need to do without worrying about going over.