- tell person i pay 30.00
    - person tell me best they can do is 100.00

Is this funny?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    No, not funny and in fact your post makes no sense. Rogers just told you to either pay $100 to be with Rogers or pay $30 for the "l33t" plan stay and with wind.

If you google for it, Rogers is making it clear that they dont want customers who pay less than $70 a month. With that statement, you can expect to pay $70 a month if you are a new sub on Rogers. You must be new here - this is old news. There is a reason people dislike Rogers.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cedc View Post
    Xpost 4chan
    - wind gets spectrum
    - call rogers to consolidate services
    - tell person im with wind
    - tell person i have 1337 plan
    - tell person i pay 30.00
    - person tell me best they can do is 100.00

Is this funny?
    Rogers has a vastly broader network than Wind, Wind's network is arguably the smallest in the country (now that Mobilicity's network is getting phased out). Rogers provides EXT as an included service for most Rogers and Fido post-paid customers, Wind charges for "Wind Away" as a pay per use add-on. Rogers offers LTE and has less congestion, Wind maxes out at DC-HSPA+ (and only in parts of their coverage area) and has severe congestion issues. Rogers has a healthy mix of high-band spectrum (for speed and capacity) and low-band spectrum (for breadth of coverage and in-building penetration), whereas Wind is hobbled by high-band spectrum only that makes rural/suburban areas expensive to cover.

There's an element of getting what you pay for. That said, if you don't needs some of Rogers' more advanced services (Rogers One Number comes to mind) then you can go with one of Rogers' flanker brands. Fido has most of Rogers' more advanced features available (WhoCalled, voice-to-text, Extreme SMS, Name Display, etc.), but misses a few and is a little cheaper. Cityfone (et al) is a little more basic than Fido, and a little cheaper at certain service levels (though not all). Chatr is cheaper still, and even more basic in its feature set. Mobilicity is cheapest of all of Rogers' brands, and may or may not get access to Rogers' network in the future (possibly for a fee, should it ever happen).

Pick your price/service level, as they have a pretty direct and linear relationship. You seem to want the best service level at the cheapest price. That doesn't seem especially realistic to me.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    Rogers has a vastly broader network than Wind, Wind's network is arguably the smallest in the country (now that Mobilicity's network is getting phased out). Rogers provides EXT as an included service for most Rogers and Fido post-paid customers, Wind charges for "Wind Away" as a pay per use add-on. Rogers offers LTE and has less congestion, Wind maxes out at DC-HSPA+ (and only in parts of their coverage area) and has severe congestion issues. Rogers has a healthy mix of high-band spectrum (for speed and capacity) and low-band spectrum (for breadth of coverage and in-building penetration), whereas Wind is hobbled by high-band spectrum only that makes rural/suburban areas expensive to cover.

There's an element of getting what you pay for. That said, if you don't needs some of Rogers' more advanced services (Rogers One Number comes to mind) then you can go with one of Rogers' flanker brands. Fido has most of Rogers' more advanced features available (WhoCalled, voice-to-text, Extreme SMS, Name Display, etc.), but misses a few and is a little cheaper. Cityfone (et al) is a little more basic than Fido, and a little cheaper at certain service levels (though not all). Chatr is cheaper still, and even more basic in its feature set. Mobilicity is cheapest of all of Rogers' brands, and may or may not get access to Rogers' network in the future (possibly for a fee, should it ever happen).

Pick your price/service level, as they have a pretty direct and linear relationship. You seem to want the best service level at the cheapest price. That doesn't seem especially realistic to me.
    Wouldn't winds recent acquiring of spectrum help it's case?
    Wouldn't

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't
    Rogers is too arrogant to think that.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't
    No chance. It will take wind at least 10 years to reach Rogers levels of service.

You want proof that the Rogers network is far superior to wind ? Look at yourself. You want Rogers coverage not wind coverage.

The only network to compete with and actually outdo Rogers in coverage is the bellus network. However nothing in the world is free and bellus will charge you about the same as Rogers .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    No chance. It will take wind at least 10 years to reach Rogers levels of service.

You want proof that the Rogers network is far superior to wind ? Look at yourself. You want Rogers coverage not wind coverage.

The only network to compete with and actually outdo Rogers in coverage is the bellus network. However nothing in the world is free and bellus will charge you about the same as Rogers .
    I don't think it will take more than a year for wind to rollout LTE in the ottawa region. By the time this does happen, I won't have any reason to switch to rogers.

Wind customers currently on legacy 5Gb plans such as myself are paying 30$ for their 5gb of data.

Assuming wind rolls out the new network within the next year or so, Wind customers residing in ottawa such as myself will have absolutely no incentive to switch.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it will take more than a year for wind to rollout LTE in the ottawa region. By the time this does happen, I won't have any reason to switch to rogers.

Wind customers currently on legacy 5Gb plans such as myself are paying 30$ for their 5gb of data.

Assuming wind rolls out the new network within the next year or so, Wind customers residing in ottawa such as myself will have absolutely no incentive to switch.
    You are assuming that wind will let you on the LTE network with that plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score

I'm in Edmonton on the Holiday Miracle Plan for $40 a month and I detest Rogers for past abuses. I don't see them having changed and have no desire to ever switch back to test them out.

Wind is not for everyone and lots of circumstances can affect ones choice of carrier. A friend is a long distance trucker traveling from the BC coast through to western ON. He's been with Telus for ages and couldn't survive on Wind. He hates Rogers for past abuses too.

Wind suits my needs and I love the savings over what any of the big 3 would charge me. I've had roaming turned off since I started on Wind a few weeks after they arrived in Edmonton in January or February 2010.

I'm sure Rogers will hold onto the spectrum Wind is buying for as long as possible to make it as difficult for Wind as they can. Have to do something since they can't charge $1 per MB of data anymore for Wind roamers and no more exclusive contracts.

Hopefully Wind gets their cell towers upgraded as soon as possible so when they get full control of their new bandwidth they can flip a switch and be operational immediately. I assume that we'll see 5x5 HSPA-whatever and 5x5 LTE across the network, except in areas where they will have 30MHz available.

I'm also hoping Videotron needs the cash for their NHL aspirations and sells their 700MHz spectrum to Wind. Now that would be sweet.

Considering Rogers, Bell and Telus have been operating for 30 years, Wind getting this far in 5 years is pretty good. I look forward to the next few years as Wind expands further.

via the HoFo App
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    ...I assume that we'll see 5x5 HSPA-whatever and 5x5 LTE across the network, except in areas where they will have 30MHz available. ...
    Where did you obtain information regarding this. I'm not sure I know how top get a hold of the Carrier's network statistics.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Where did you obtain information regarding this. I'm not sure I know how top get a hold of the Carrier's network statistics.
    When the Rogers/Mobilicity/Shaw purchase went through there were before and after charts showing who had however much spectrum. MobileSyrup had it on their website but it might have come from the Globe and Mail or Industry Canada.

Mobi had 10MHz across its network. Wind had mostly 10MHz across its network with 20MHz for southern ON. With the spectrum sale from Rogers, Wind had a minimum of 20MHz across its network from BC to the QC border, and in some places 30MHz of AWS-1.

You need uplink and downlink spectrum so if 10MHz is your network size then you have 5 up and 5 down thus 5x5 for HSPA and 5x5 for LTE for their 20MHz network space.

Wind currently uses some form of HSPA (HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA, etc) but I don't know the specifics of what is where, what is fastest, what is current, etc. Could be a faster generation of HSPA equipment in the works to upgrade to alongside adding LTE to their network. Dunno.

Dunno if their 30MHz bandwidth areas can be split 7.5x7.5 for each or if they would do a 5x5 and 10x10 split. That is what their engineers get paid to figure out.

I wasn't able to post links before to point you to anything. Perhaps someone else can point you to a link.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    When the Rogers/Mobilicity/Shaw purchase went through there were before and after charts showing who had however much spectrum. MobileSyrup had it on their website but it might have come from the Globe and Mail or Industry Canada.

Mobi had 10MHz across its network. Wind had mostly 10MHz across its network with 20MHz for southern ON. With the spectrum sale from Rogers, Wind had a minimum of 20MHz across its network from BC to the QC border, and in some places 30MHz of AWS-1.

You need uplink and downlink spectrum so if 10MHz is your network size then you have 5 up and 5 down thus 5x5 for HSPA and 5x5 for LTE for their 20MHz network space.

Wind currently uses some form of HSPA (HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA, etc) but I don't know the specifics of what is where, what is fastest, what is current, etc. Could be a faster generation of HSPA equipment in the works to upgrade to alongside adding LTE to their network. Dunno.

Dunno if their 30MHz bandwidth areas can be split 7.5x7.5 for each or if they would do a 5x5 and 10x10 split. That is what their engineers get paid to figure out.

I wasn't able to post links before to point you to anything. Perhaps someone else can point you to a link.

via the HoFo App
    This is great content. You've given me quite a few keywords to lookup.

Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All I can say is...

Name:  a5fe9f53fc79e4fa0cf8e5d08c89c0a899dafcc8fe9eac092f081a7681dbe7e4.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  38.5 KB
    $48
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

Gold Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB + 128GB SD Card

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K2SilverCivicS View Post
    All I can say is...

Name:  a5fe9f53fc79e4fa0cf8e5d08c89c0a899dafcc8fe9eac092f081a7681dbe7e4.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  38.5 KB
    If Rogers somehow managed to sign me on for two years and wind deploys their spectrum in one it would have been perfect timing.

If Rogers is to compete they need to make these changes before wind launches its LTE.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even wind launches LTE, it will take them awhile to get the coverage like rogers...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast