Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Updates

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humza View Post
    Are there any network updates in Brampton - Bram/Father Tobin area? 4 years ago when I first tried WIND, the reception was non-existent there. Maybe 1 bar if I was lucky when the phone was placed down.
    As pjw918 said, there are multiple towers surrounding the area. The area is generally 4-5 bars, with some pretty good speeds (3-10mbps download), the nearest tower to you, is at Sunny Meadow and Sandalwood, on top of the Retirement living building.

Wind has improved greatly.

There ya go.
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    The new coverage map.

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    The new coverage map.
    i dont see anything different

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruden View Post
    Others did.

Quote Originally Posted by shaz0311 View Post
    Wind's coverage map is updated today, coverage has increased incredibly, and the low coverage areas are now adjusted properly.

Feedback Score
    It's good to see coverage expansion but I'll have to say that at least for Ontario, I find the map changes to be minor and mostly insignificant, mostly on the fringe areas of coverage. That's just my opinion though.

A while back, Wind adjusted some of the GTA map to show "variable coverage" for weak signal areas. Well, right inside the city of Toronto, that black hole of unreliable outdoor signal and non-existent indoor signal at Humber Bay Shores (Marine Parade Drive condo area) is still listed as a full service area. In reality, it's a no service area because Wind just doesn't work there much of the time, and roaming is blocked as well (which is likely the reason they don't list it as a dual Wind/Partner zone). I bring that up because these coverage maps are really just a guide and do have inaccuracies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruden View Post
    It was updated today
    https://www.google.com/fusiontables/...6171#rows:id=1

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    There are 2 or 3 towers in that general area, one went up in October. Brampton saw a total of 4 new sites since the end of September.
    sites.postpro.net
    I just checked the site, and no new towers surprisingly even after 4 years. They still only have the one that I used to get signal before which is quite far which always resulted in horrible signal and service.

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Still not showing service in PQ except for Gatineau.
    Not having native coverage is one thing, the phone roaming to a network that doesn't allow it to get service is another (TELUS last year).

I will know once I head up to the family cottage (this snow that we keep getting has to go!). Now that Wind has signed with Bell, things may change.

Feedback Score
    in some areas, i cannot use data all. i have full bars but no data service
    and the calls are not working! i call, and 1-2 mins into the call i get a scrambled sound that makes the call useless.
    other family members experiencing the same issue.
    i have a ticket open with wind.
    anyone else having this issue??

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryleb View Post
    in some areas, i cannot use data all. i have full bars but no data service
    and the calls are not working! i call, and 1-2 mins into the call i get a scrambled sound that makes the call useless.
    other family members experiencing the same issue.
    i have a ticket open with wind.
    anyone else having this issue??
    I wonder why you find it necessary to post the same message in multiple threads on the Wind Forum? Is one posting not enough?
    Pixel 2.
    Nexus 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skifan View Post
    I wonder why you find it necessary to post the same message in multiple threads on the Wind Forum? Is one posting not enough?
    Needed a quick reply, and it's not the exact same message FYI

Are you experiencing issues in Calgary in certain areas even tho you have full bars ?

Feedback Score

Are you experiencing issues in Calgary in certain areas even tho you have full bars ?
    Been having thisnissue for weeks now

Feedback Score

Also been having this issue for the past few weeks in Calgary. Wasn't a problem for me prior. Perhaps due to the ongoing upgrades to Calgary right now?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett_Nash View Post
    Also been having this issue for the past few weeks in Calgary. Wasn't a problem for me prior. Perhaps due to the ongoing upgrades to Calgary right now?

Hope that's the case. Network today was really good in the NE. Got 10 Mbps down and 3.5 Mbps up. Also noticed a change....it drops to 3g when not using data, then jumps to H+. Before it was always on H then changing to H+

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    Hope that's the case. Network today was really good in the NE. Got 10 Mbps down and 3.5 Mbps up. Also noticed a change....it drops to 3g when not using data, then jumps to H+. Before it was always on H then changing to H+
    Wow, I just did a speed test in the SE. Almost 6 Mbps down. A normal weak 0.13 Mbps up. I don't think I ever saw much into 3 Mbps down ever.

Ping was better too. 129 ms vs 300+ typical.

I don't see 3g on my Note 3 but it did go from H to H+ as soon as I launched speed test.

Plus from a fairly interior area too.

I hope that is a sign of good things to come.

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast