Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tmobile no coverage in the Pocono Mountains, PA

Device(s)
    Iphone X Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Thanks lol it's gotten better I think I'm the past few months I think anyway where's the logic on this.. why would domestic roaming be capped at 200mb on ATT for example while Roaming on Telcel (for now until ATT Mexico network is upgraded) Bell, Telus etc are LTE unlimited . Bad deals with a domestic competitors??
    ATT isn't giving favorable rates to tmo. Tmo isn't going to pay them for you to use their competitors network like Sprint does.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackdad View Post
    ATT isn't giving favorable rates to tmo. Tmo isn't going to pay them for you to use their competitors network like Sprint does.
    Right, ATT does the same 200mb limit on their domestic roaming. experienced this first hand a few times and it wasn't t-mobile roaming it was very small company Indigo wireless https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Wireless.
    http://www.indigowireless.com/

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Ok another trip to Monroe county today still can't find a open att site to connect to I'll keep trying next time Did notice Tmobile has some trouble areas on 33 south of 209 and north of the ridge at wind gap but so does verizon and att so it's terrain related

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Red Pocket Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok another trip to Monroe county today still can't find a open att site to connect to I'll keep trying next time Did notice Tmobile has some trouble areas on 33 south of 209 and north of the ridge at wind gap but so does verizon and att so it's terrain related
    I think only AT&T LAC 2917 is a roaming zone in the Poconos now (as of 2017). It covers the mountains and lake region. Also T-mobile is the only one broadcasting from the ridge with the Service Electric tower on it, between Wind Gap and Saylorsburg. LTE is still not active on that site. When finished, it should improve LTE coverage to the lowlands around Saylorsburg and on 33 through the gap.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoz2989 View Post
    I think only AT&T LAC 2917 is a roaming zone in the Poconos now (as of 2017). It covers the mountains and lake region. Also T-mobile is the only one broadcasting from the ridge with the Service Electric tower on it, between Wind Gap and Saylorsburg. LTE is still not active on that site. When finished, it should improve LTE coverage to the lowlands around Saylorsburg and on 33 through the gap.
    aw interesting thanks for the LAC code will find that in my future visits LOL good old Service Electric towers etc. That's an off topic i wont dare go into in this forum LOL. Wow are serious its still not modernized.Ill find out the ETA on the upgrade for that one. I know they just modernized a hill top site in williams township recently on Gaffney Hill Road a few weeks ago that thing has one hell of rural coverage now at least up to 10 miles. was a valued upgrade....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackdad View Post
    It's been a longstanding issue when it comes to roaming as far as sprint and tmobile go, roaming on verizon and att respectively.

Basically what it comes down to, is sprint and tmobile want to roam on att/verizon cheaply, and with less limits for their users. Of course att/verizon don't want to let them roam cheaply, because they invested and spent the money on their towers, or leasing tower space in many rural areas, and even some more common areas, such as the pocono mountains.

From a strictly business standpoint att/verizon are absolutely right, they invested, they are willing to let sprint/tmobile use their tower, but want to be compensated fairly for it.

A couple of years back tmobile and sprint actually had it in court, complaining they were being gouged. I think they forced att/verizon to lower their rates slightly. But it makes no sense, you can't be gouged for something you don't have, and don't actually need. Honestly, it's basically sprint and tmobiles own fault as they don't want to expand, but still want coverage in these places.

Tmobile did recently say here they wanted to expand rurally more. So hopefully they will to benefit not only you tmobile users, but every user in the wireless industry from the competition.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Right, ATT does the same 200mb limit on their domestic roaming. experienced this first hand a few times and it wasn't t-mobile roaming it was very small company Indigo wireless https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Wireless.
    http://www.indigowireless.com/
    I thought att bought them. Didn't they buy someone in PA the last few years? I know Verizon bought out that crap carrier near lake wallenpaupack.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo '01-'07, ATT '07-'17, T-Mo '17-
    Feedback Score
    We plan to take a trip to poconos, so would you say that their coverage maps are not accurate in the region?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartBB10 View Post
    We plan to take a trip to poconos, so would you say that their coverage maps are not accurate in the region?
    It varies; what area will you be around most of the time?

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartBB10 View Post
    It's crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fios 1024/1024

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score

Tmobile no coverage in the Pocono Mountains, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    I thought att bought them. Didn't they buy someone in PA the last few years? I know Verizon bought out that crap carrier near lake wallenpaupack.
    Ah Indigo is still in business just spoke with them via email last week used them last year when I was on att att shut roaming data off at 200mb. As per that email they informed their customers can use their 4GB bucket plans on T-Mobile, AT&T and Rodgers; if they go over the 4GB they let you keep going with overages. Speeds at 4G.This brings the question of why are the big carriers not allowing their customers unrestricted? Instead of shutting off data 200mb when small rural carrier not restricting? This a very rural area very few att and Tmobiles customers roaming there and would not overwhelm? Maybe just domestic roaming policy regardless of roaming partner?
    Last edited by buckspaul; 03-28-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Tmobile no coverage in the Pocono Mountains, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    It's so funny you mention Lake Wallenpaupck as I've had an iffy experience there on all carriers. AT&T latches onto LTE really well there but when you loose LTE, you go right to no service in most areas, especially driving up 507 on the east side of the lake. B12 is 5 MHz wide there too, but I haven't been since late 2015, so they could've widened it like they did in parts of west NJ.

Verizon at the time definitely had an advantage in LTE speed, even without B4 which wasn't deployed, but overall LTE coverage in the immediate area around the lake lagged behind AT&T, this is before Verizon started to modernize rural sites with RRU's & before the rural part of their densification plans began. Verizon still had vastly superior coverage, albeit CDMA 1x coverage.

Keep in mind, Lake Wallenpaupack is 13 miles long with 53 miles of shoreline. It's a big place, not to mention the infamous PA terrain & tree density.

What the area truly needs is more sites, although given the lake is surrounded by Wayne & Pike Counties, & is bordered by several towns, in sure that's a headache.

Edit: did a little googling, found the acquisition you were talking about. Specifically mentions Wayne & Pike counties that flank the lake. https://www.verizonwireless.com/news...12-03-14v.html
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    It's so funny you mention Lake Wallenpaupck as I've had an iffy experience there on all carriers. AT&T latches onto LTE really well there but when you loose LTE, you go right to no service in most areas, especially driving up 507 on the east side of the lake. B12 is 5 MHz wide there too, but I haven't been since late 2015, so they could've widened it like they did in parts of west NJ...
    The roads are tough for holding on to any carrier, the terrain for one and trees for another in the warmer months. On the open lake (outside Ledgedale) all carriers work great.

AT&T B12 is now 10Mhz on sites in Wayne/Pike counties, PA since they started leasing C block from Lackawaxen Telecom a few months ago. Dense population areas even have access to band 2 and lately band 30. Most very rural sites still top out at HSPA+.

Verizon is not as dense coverage wise, though they are increasing bandwidth density in the area. I know for certain that the site near The Hideout in Lake Ariel has band 4 20Mhz.

Sprint even turned on band 25 on most of its NEPA sites in late 2016.

That leaves T-Mobile, which still does not have LTE activated on sites on west side of Lake Wallenpaupack. They are running 2G/HSPA+ on band 2 and no clear ETA of LTE on any band. Two sites, one near Silver Birches resort and one SE of Hawley are running band 4 20Mhz. Band 12 from I84 and Woodloch reaches the lake and even parts of the roads.

This area is starting to get competitive between the four carriers!

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoz2989 View Post
    Ok went to Monroe county today interior well north of 80 east of 380 guess what no service not surprising due terrain signal check was running it switched over AT&T HPSDA LAC 2917 auto switch my pixel would not make a call emergency only! Rebooted still would not connect so either a change was made to the Roaming there now. Totally ridiculous the lack of coverage it's not spotty it's large areas miles of dead Also ATT and VZW are fair to poor that there's no LTE on both was shocked for VZW ATT they not surprised that they don't that area upgraded with LTE bottom line is I could not get on to lac 2917 anywhere and the other two are usuable in most places
    aw interesting thanks for the LAC code will find that in my future visits LOL good old Service Electric towers etc. That's an off topic i wont dare go into in this forum LOL. Wow are serious its still not modernized.Ill find out the ETA on the upgrade for that one. I know they just modernized a hill top site in williams township recently on Gaffney Hill Road a few weeks ago that thing has one hell of rural coverage now at least up to 10 miles. was a valued upgrade....

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok went to Monroe county today interior well north of 80 east of 380 guess what no service not surprising due terrain signal check was running it switched over AT&T HPSDA LAC 2917 auto switch my pixel would not make a call emergency only! Rebooted still would not connect so either a change was made to the Roaming there now. Totally ridiculous the lack of coverage it's not spotty it's large areas miles of dead Also ATT and VZW are fair to poor that there's no LTE on both was shocked for VZW ATT they not surprised that they don't that area upgraded with LTE bottom line is I could not get on to lac 2917 anywhere and the other two are usuable in most places

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app
    I am starting to get that now, where the SIM won't register to anywhere in LAC 2917. This must be a cost cutting measure, continuously removing all this roaming (hasn't disappeared from T-Mo coverage map yet, though). Lots of fill-ins are happening as a result of this. For example native T-Mo builds are being done in west central PA and west Susquehanna county to fill holes left by dropped roaming agreements. To what extent? I don't know. In light of this, you or anyone who frequents the Pocono Mts. or lowlands and feels the need to dependable mobile coverage should go with AT&T or Verizon. The lake region (north of I84) is getting more competitive though, once two leftover sites are up w/LTE T-Mo will largely match AT&T in coverage.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast