Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Without Borders

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Mobile Without Borders

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    T-Mobile worldwide has never really been a single brand. On top of that, TMo US has recently been treated like the "red headed stepchild" of the franchise. DT wants to cut them loose, not integrate them tighter into the fold.
    I'm not sure. At this point they have been so organically successful that I'm not sure any outside merger negotiations with DT are really in good faith especially considering Sprint's spectacular failures as of late.

Nearly all of DT's most recent positive financial news is due to TMUS.

I don't know if this was just John popping off because he could or possibly a real push but at the last capital markets day he did suggest to other DT subsidiaries that they should try Uncarrier for themselves in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw16 View Post
    Why can't T-Mobile US offer Roam Like Home in T-Mobile countries like Germany, Netherlands, and maybe even EE in the UK (which used to be partially T-Mobile UK)?
    Touting roaming in a couple of European countries would only interest a very small segment of their customer base.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, LG Leon LTE, Xiaomi Note 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Touting roaming in a couple of European countries would only interest a very small segment of their customer base.
    Even better, they offer it but not many people use it. This would allow T-Mo to justify their unity with other T-Mo segments instead of just Rogers, Bell Canada, Wind, Telcel, and Movistar, all which either do not have anything to do with DT or even compete, like Telefonica, the parent company of Movistar, COMPETES in Germany with DT as O2.

sent from my iPhone
    Jeffw16

Blog

1. T-Mobile Band 4 LTE at UTD, 2. T-Mobile Band 12 LTE, 3. TWC 100Mbps

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    For much of their current urban customer base, that's probably true. A food stamp family in South L.A. probably doesn't care much about high-speed roaming in Munich or Zurich. This also means that they will have no costs from offering it to this customer.

As a marketing ploy to the traditional duopoly customers, many of whom travel to Europe, this would be rather swell. The person who pays Verizon $300+/month and travels to Europe is the same type of customer that T-Mobile is dying to have. In as much as they can leverage their global partner's networks, it might be a fairly inexpensive way to offer a incentive to switch.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiga View Post
    My account supposedly has MWB NA and grandfathered Family Stateside $10 (landlines and mobiles) attached to my 4/$100 2.5 plan. I say supposedly because the TMO portal only half works for me and I can't see my plan nor its features.

EDIT
    I didn't understand the post, but now I do. So they moved to a new plan (July 2015) and then wanted to keep grandfathered add-ons, which wouldn't work.
    I just kept my old plan (Simple Family with the attached $10 Grandfather Stateside International Landline + Mobile) and just added the $10 North America.

I would rather just pay the $10 than lose that Stateside in case someday I start calling outside of North America more often.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was getting about 3 Mbps in Tijuana, Mexico a few days ago. I was connected to Telcel (as I always have been doing even prior to the North American Plan.)

I'll post Screenshots next time I go sometime next week.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anex99 View Post
    I was getting about 3 Mbps in Tijuana, Mexico a few days ago. I was connected to Telcel (as I always have been doing even prior to the North American Plan.)

I'll post Screenshots next time I go sometime next week.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post15990996

I didn't run a speedtest either, however both LTE/HSPA+ did work as it should and was able actually use it as opposed to the old Simple Global. The fact I was able stream video while roaming on Telcel is enough to convince me that this is a legit deal.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    So am I, it beats paying AT&T for their Passport option.
    I paid $120 for their largest add on and I still managed to use 60% of the data allotted to me in 5 days. I couldn't use the remaining 40% without the strong possibility of going over, nor could I use it in the second country I was going to. Even then, I still had to pay 35¢/minute for voice on top of the $120.

Simple Global saved me from a super sized bill, while the $10 North America add-on merely upgraded my speeds for one of the countries I visit frequently. AT&T punked me pretty badly lately with pricing for their their Viva Mexico plan and $120 more with the latest bill, way more than T-Mobile did with the $10 add-on fee for the NA plan for existing Simple Global plans. This option came out at perfect time for me.

With T-Mobile I can use data at high speed with a blindfold made out of a $10 bill over my eyes and not even count how much I use in Mexico. The only non-Uncarrier providers are the ones who want you to pay through the nose just to have phone fun across either border.
    I hear you. Last year when I was in Canada for 2 weeks (Vancouver/Victoria/Kelowna/Lake Louise/Banff Springs) I added the 80min/line voice and disabled data. Even then, it still cost me $100 as I went beyond the 80min on one of my lines (short calls eat up mins quickly). I used Skype over Wifi back then for the most part. This summer, in Ontario/Quebec, I used mostly texting (free) and data (free) as well as occasional Skype.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zone77 View Post
    The feature is not available on business plan yet, it will be later on. Getting your 2/100 back may be difficult IMO.
    I was told by the rep today that it will not be available for business accounts. He did However switch me back to my unlimited plan. I emailed Tmobile executive team and John ledger I doubt I'll receive a reply.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    This explains how Tmobile is doing it. telcel in Mexico has launched free roaming in the USA. http://youtu.be/lQbgVG8x-e4

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, LG Leon LTE, Xiaomi Note 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonavillicana View Post
    This explains how Tmobile is doing it. telcel in Mexico has launched free roaming in the USA. http://youtu.be/lQbgVG8x-e4

via the HoFo App
    Ah! (Sorry, I'm speechless.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonavillicana View Post

via the HoFo App
    I'm not surprised. Legere at least sees the future growth beyond 'just' U.S. devices and 'how much can we fleece our customers for?'. I wouldn't be surprised if MANY global carriers (can we say the 200 countries with included data) have 'preferred' roaming over T-Mobile vs. say AT&T/Verizon/Sprint.

Looks like Rogers is close to what you would get - its not free, but better than most other plans. Interesting note, AT&T/T-Mobile are considered roaming partners, not VZW or Sprint on Rogers site
    http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/travel

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I'm not surprised. Legere at least sees the future growth beyond 'just' U.S. devices and 'how much can we fleece our customers for?'. I wouldn't be surprised if MANY global carriers (can we say the 200 countries with included data) have 'preferred' roaming over T-Mobile vs. say AT&T/Verizon/Sprint.

Looks like Rogers is close to what you would get - its not free, but better than most other plans. Interesting note, AT&T/T-Mobile are considered roaming partners, not VZW or Sprint on Rogers site
    http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/travel
    Sprint and Verizon are not roaming options as they are CDMA carriers; even though a phone could theoretically connect to their LTE networks, it would be unable to receive phone calls as Verizon and Sprint do not offer VoLTE and I'm assuming Rogers doesn't as well.

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Rogers supports VoLTE, but not a whole lot of devices (only one ?)
    http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/volte/2184

Feedback Score
    So is Mobile without Borders working in all Canadian Rodgers areas? Will be in Stratford, ON in September so am wondering. Thanks in Advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast