Thread: Let my account expire: Is there any way to get my phone number back?

Feedback Score

Let my account expire: Is there any way to get my phone number back?

I was on pageplus for years and I let my account expire after my phone had been broken.
    When I contacted customer service, they said there was no way to get that number back, a new account would be a random number.

Is this number gone for good? Could another carrier get it back?

Feedback Score
    Sometimes you can, but it depends on the carrier (how their representatives respond to such things), and is that the carrier who the number really belongs to, how long the number has been out of service, and whether it is still actually available (hasn't been assigned to another person), things like that. I'm trying to figure out the details of the situation myself(ie. when a disconnected number becomes re-available). So basically, it may be possible, but will probably take some trouble, as much of the info on how to do this is pretty hazy.

Feedback Score
    isn't pageplus based on verizon?

then the number will probably be in verizon's system. unless it was reassigned.

Feedback Score
    call or text the number to know if it is reassigned.

pageplus is verizon based, so if it hasn't been reassigned, it would be sitting in verizon's system.
    call verizon to check.

i hope you learned you lesson. don't let your number go just because you don't have a phone to use it on,
    next time, get another phone(or fix it), or transfer your number to a VOIP service.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck563 View Post
    call or text the number to know if it is reassigned.

pageplus is verizon based, so if it hasn't been reassigned, it would be sitting in verizon's system.
    call verizon to check.

i hope you learned you lesson. don't let your number go just because you don't have a phone to use it on,
    next time, get another phone(or fix it), or transfer your number to a VOIP service.
    Are you not paying any attention to dates? This post is 5 years old, the OP is long gone. Stop bumping old posts!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Old thread closed.
    Just another day in paradise.....