Thread: Samsung ATIV-S - Hotmail Contact List

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers in NA - ALDI Talk in EU - Telstra or Vodafone in Oz
    Feedback Score

Samsung ATIV-S - Hotmail Contact List

Here is a good one...

I can go to a name on my contact list, enter the edit mode where I can enter numbers for 2 Mobile phones (Mobile and Mobile2), and after saving the changes, only one Mobile number appears on the screen.

So what is the point of being able to enter two Mobile numbers in the contact list when only one ends up being shown.
    I don't yap/text and drive,
    Alex

2019 to present: Samsung A50
    2014 to 2019: Samsung ATIV-S
    2005 to 2014: Nokia 6100
    2001 to 2005: Motorola T120

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Traveller View Post
    Here is a good one...

I can go to a name on my contact list, enter the edit mode where I can enter numbers for 2 Mobile phones (Mobile and Mobile2), and after saving the changes, only one Mobile number appears on the screen.

So what is the point of being able to enter two Mobile numbers in the contact list when only one ends up being shown.
    Perhaps labeling one of the mobiles as Work or giving it another label would allow both numbers to appear as you desire.

That does not happen with the WP10 tech preview, is it available for your device yet?
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Perhaps labeling one of the mobiles as Work or giving it another label would allow both numbers to appear as you desire.
    The labels are "set". For example: "mobile phone" and "mobile 2 phone".

Totally nuts that I can see both in the edit mode but only the last entry made in contacts mode.

The only solution that I came up with is making double contact entries. One for John Doe (NA) and another for John Doe (EU) with each with a number that will work when I am in North America and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    That does not happen with the WP10 tech preview, is it available for your device yet?
    I'd be happy if I could upgrade to WP8.1 from my 8.0 so that I can use some of the file management apps. For example, I cannot store a Word or Excel file on my phone's micro-SD card. They can only be stored on my phone's memory. How dumb is that? And you can only store pics and music on the micro-SD card.

Its these little things that are really major that take the shine off this otherwise nice phone. When I came across these Windows Phones, I at least expected the performance of my old HP iPAQ (MS Mobile) that has a file manager.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Lack of custom labels in Hotmail/Outlook contacts is terrible. Also, the limit on three pre-labled numbers is off-putting.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The labels are "set". For example: "mobile phone" and "mobile 2 phone".

Totally nuts that I can see both in the edit mode but only the last entry made in contacts mode.

The only solution that I came up with is making double contact entries. One for John Doe (NA) and another for John Doe (EU) with each with a number that will work when I am in North America and Europe.

I'd be happy if I could upgrade to WP8.1 from my 8.0 so that I can use some of the file management apps. For example, I cannot store a Word or Excel file on my phone's micro-SD card. They can only be stored on my phone's memory. How dumb is that? And you can only store pics and music on the micro-SD card.

Its these little things that are really major that take the shine off this otherwise nice phone. When I came across these Windows Phones, I at least expected the performance of my old HP iPAQ (MS Mobile) that has a file manager.
    Is that an AT&T ATIV or a Sprint one? I have an unlocked AT&T model and am not seeing any problem with viewing multiple numbers, and had no problem updating to 8.1, first via Dev Preview, then legitimately.

I wouldn't use the W10 preview on an ATIV, though, since AFAIK, there's no way to roll back to 8.x if need be. Only Nokia/MS Lumia devices and HTCs can use the Windows Phone Update tool to roll back to 8.x.
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Is that an AT&T ATIV or a Sprint one?
    Its my own that I bought as an unlocked unit.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Its my own that I bought as an unlocked unit.
    Weird. And no updates are available if you scan for them manually?

Sent from my RM-1073_1001 via the HowardForums WP7 App