Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Results 1,156 to 1,165 of 1165

Thread: Northern MI T-Mobile buildout has begun!

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Well then, look at Brewton/E. Brewton Ala. About the same 8K pops. as Rhineland but no T-Mobile tower and virtually no service at all. I'd love to see Rhineland's lousy service in Brewton.
    I think it would be better to have ATT 128k throttled roaming service than T-Mobile 1,000ms latency 4G LTE service.

Smartphone usage with 1,000ms latency is not a nice experience. When you tap on something you are waiting 5+ seconds for something to happen.

When T-Mobile allowed WCDMA "3G/4G" roaming on ATT in N WI it was actually usable. 128k throttled connection had <100ms latency, so it actually presented as being faster than T-Mobile 4G LTE service with the 1,000ms latency...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Figured I'd post an update here. I am now roaming on several Sprint sites here and there (but not all) and a lot of people are speculating that these are going to be T-Mobile's 'keep sites' as they continue integration. This evening I drove up to the cabin and low and behold .....that area along I-75 from around exit 181 all the way to exit 202 (where I exited) had solid coverage on Serving PLMN (312-250) and good data speeds. My phone automatically connects to it now so If T-Mobile is going to keep them that will be great. Coverage should be even better with 600 deployed. I suspect there are more across Northern Michigan where T-Mobile coverage is fair or none.

EDIT: I was also connecting to 312-250 along 75 at the Birch Run and Frankenmuth exits....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Figured I'd post an update here. I am now roaming on several Sprint sites here and there (but not all) and a lot of people are speculating that these are going to be T-Mobile's 'keep sites' as they continue integration. This evening I drove up to the cabin and low and behold .....that area along I-75 from around exit 181 all the way to exit 202 (where I exited) had solid coverage on Serving PLMN (312-250) and good data speeds. My phone automatically connects to it now so If T-Mobile is going to keep them that will be great. Coverage should be even better with 600 deployed. I suspect there are more across Northern Michigan where T-Mobile coverage is fair or none.

EDIT: I was also connecting to 312-250 along 75 at the Birch Run and Frankenmuth exits....
    That would be great! I hate dropping data from I-75 mile 189-197. It's not constant, but it's at least out for a 5 miles or so on that stretch. Seems unreal that they cannot light up an interstate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's a good start. That area is/was a T-Mobile dead zone. My last trip in October showed B25 as "neighbor" cells but held on to literally 1 bar of B12 LTE (effectively no service) during that stretch on LG Velvet. Much of areas north of that we're back and forth between 4G LTE and 5G as that device didn't support 5G SA. Sprint B25 should fix that.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That's a good start. That area is/was a T-Mobile dead zone. My last trip in October showed B25 as "neighbor" cells but held on to literally 1 bar of B12 LTE (effectively no service) during that stretch on LG Velvet. Much of areas north of that we're back and forth between 4G LTE and 5G as that device didn't support 5G SA. Sprint B25 should fix that.

I was surprised at how much B41 there is along that stretch. The site at exit 202 has 2x 41 carriers along with 25/26.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I was surprised at how much B41 there is along that stretch. The site at exit 202 has 2x 41 carriers along with 25/26.
    Wow. T-Mobile will probably do well to (re)deploy B25 / B41 throughout northern MI. Many counties have limited B2 / B4 spectrum in northern MI, and this will allow for 5G NSA vs. 5G SA in some counties.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Wow. T-Mobile will probably do well to (re)deploy B25 / B41 throughout northern MI. Many counties have limited B2 / B4 spectrum in northern MI, and this will allow for 5G NSA vs. 5G SA in some counties.
    Yup. Exciting I must say.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sprint doesn't have a ton of B25, and TMobile doesn't have much B2 or B4. 5MHz each in a lot of places, just like B12. 600MHz helped a lot in my travels. WCS will really make these small cities rock.

Feedback Score
    Would be nice to have the T-Mobile option in Northern Michigan. I spend a lot of time at the cabin just West of Cadillac and travel all over Northern Michigan and da UP on my hunting and fishing adventures. My 2019 T-Mobile experiment didn't go so well and I even ran into a lot of dead spots in the Brighton area. I'll probably give them another try next summer to see if things have improved at all. Right now I'm running AT&T on my main line because I don't pull a good Verizon signal at the cabin. I tried a Visible line this summer and was pleasantly surprised how good the coverage was but couldn't handle the occasional "Verizon Echo" during voice calls.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I found performance to be good down in southern MI around Brighton, 'but' that area appears to be mostly B2/B4 with some B12 and even.. B41 (cellmapper). Range won't be good until they either take over some Sprint sites (probably colo'd), or deploy B71/n71 and more B12. I can't speak much for Cadillac, but service was usable up on the highways/interstate to Charlevoix, Boyne Falls, Petoskey, Harbor Springs and Indian River areas... of course a 'cabin' (unless near the main roads) are probably less likely to have great service - unless it happens to be in line of sight of one of these towers. The UP... until they build out or colocate, you're hitting 'hotspots' vs. continuous service. I've only been a YOOPER from St. Ignace through Sault Ste. Marie - T-Mobile did add a site (colocated with AT&T) https://www.google.com/maps/@46.1055...7i16384!8i8192
    I don't see what appears to be T-Mobile gear... but cell mapper pretty much triangulates it to that spot where AT&T is.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78