Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1135

Thread: Northern MI T-Mobile buildout has begun!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hman414 View Post
    Looking at the "5G" map, they are launching 5G in some areas N WI, UP MI next week.

Why don't they get 4G LTE working properly first, then worry about 5G...?

What would be really funny to see is in these 5G areas up north is ~700ms ping times like 4G LTE has
    Only places in the UP getting 5G are those that have midband and that's not many. Sure near Houghton where MTU is. Not much elsewhere

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mostly western UP counties have mid Band. There's a couple of other locations... But that's it until they pull in Sprint.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile moved up the 5G NR deployment to get it operational before the court case on December 9th against a few State Attorneys Generals that were paid by the Communications Workers Union and AT&T plus Verizon to stop the merger between Sprint and T- Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Mostly western UP counties have mid Band. There's a couple of other locations... But that's it until they pull in Sprint.

Not many. Like I said Houghton maybe near Marquette. I've got family in Baraga which is 25 miles form Houghton they just have 12 and 71

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup - these were also the original 'few' sites that have/had PCS some have a decent amount of AWS. Many areas didn't get any deployment until B12/B71 with VoLTE. Spacing was too far/poor for anything outside of a decent sized city (Marquette/Houghton).
    What would be interesting to find is... Does T-Mobile keep the REST of Northern MI on B71 20x20 ?
    Where there is only B12/B71... no reason to NOT use B71 with 20x20.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post

I don't see how getting Sprints spectrum will help in terms of 5G coverage. T-Mobile has AWS-1 and a small chuck of PCS everywhere in northern Michigan which they aren't using yet. They even have AWS-3 (10x10 NW lower and 5x5 NE lower) which I haven't seen yet anywhere. They may plan on using that B2 which can be deployed on the large panels for 2+n71 which would allow them to cover all their sites.

They've come a long ways in 3 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I don't see how getting Sprints spectrum will help in terms of 5G coverage. T-Mobile has AWS-1 and a small chuck of PCS everywhere in northern Michigan which they aren't using yet
    Sprint has 15X15 of PCS in the UP except in the very most eastern and western parts of the UP. But Houghton and Marquette are covered. That can only help. Also like most everywhere else Sprint owns 73.5 MHZ of 2.5 GHz not counting any leases they may have.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Sprint has 15X15 of PCS in the UP except in the very most eastern and western parts of the UP. But Houghton and Marquette are covered. That can only help. Also like most everywhere else Sprint owns 73.5 MHZ of 2.5 GHz not counting any leases they may have.
    Generally the larger the carrier size, the shorter range it has That's from my observations on AT&T in Michigan's thumb area where some sites are B2 LTE only and when they went from 5 MHz to 15 MHz range dropped off.

Sprint has a site about a mile and a quarter from my house and I've tested B41. I couldn't connect indoors or outside so I'm not confident in the rural coverage with n41 especially indoors.

Feedback Score
    Generally the larger the carrier size, the shorter range it has That's from my observations on AT&T in Michigan's thumb area where some sites are B2 LTE only and when they went from 5 MHz to 15 MHz range dropped off.

Sprint has a site about a mile and a quarter from my house and I've tested B41. I couldn't connect indoors or outside so I'm not confident in the rural coverage with n41 especially indoors.
    Well that's what lowband is for. As far as providing fixed wireless it won't be an issue because A) there will be an antenna on the side of the house. B) That antenna will be more powerful than what's on your phone

Feedback Score

On T-Mobile it’s the opposite I’ve noticed. Better range on band 71 20mhz vs 5mhz. They purposely shorten the range of 5mhz band 12/71 to keep speeds up. Vs Verizon and att who have a balance and can do better range while keeping speed at 10/15mhz 700/850mhz.

Just things I’ve noticed when testing both on dual sim with T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    On T-Mobile it’s the opposite I’ve noticed. Better range on band 71 20mhz vs 5mhz. They purposely shorten the range of 5mhz band 12/71 to keep speeds up.
    Well that's going to suck when rural areas like mine will only get 5 MHz of 4G band 71

Feedback Score

Northern MI T-Mobile buildout has begun!

Well that's going to suck when rural areas like mine will only get 5 MHz of 4G band 71
    Indeed. It already sucks in nyc. Still loose signal when going in a medium to tall building. Hit the elevator and it’s game over. Yet Verizon, ATT and Sprint is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Well that's what lowband is for. As far as providing fixed wireless it won't be an issue because A) there will be an antenna on the side of the house. B) That antenna will be more powerful than what's on your phone
    Right, but aside from fixed wireless which I wasn't referring to, all mobile 5G will require an LTE anchor band which will either be B2 or B66. Site density in most of northern Michigan isn't the greatest, so my point was getting Sprints spectrum or using their current PCS/AWS holdings will have 0 effect on improved coverage. With all of the B71 coverage I have seen and mapped on Cellmapper in Michigans U.P. and lower, 600 has no increased coverage advantage over 700.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    On T-Mobile it’s the opposite I’ve noticed. Better range on band 71 20mhz vs 5mhz. They purposely shorten the range of 5mhz band 12/71 to keep speeds up. Vs Verizon and att who have a balance and can do better range while keeping speed at 10/15mhz 700/850mhz.

Just things I’ve noticed when testing both on dual sim with T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right, and it depends on location. In northern Michigan, Verizon and T have greater site density which allows them to optimze their network better.

Feedback Score
    Right, but aside from fixed wireless which I wasn't referring to, all mobile 5G will require an LTE anchor band which will either be B2 or B66. Site density in most of northern Michigan isn't the greatest, so my point was getting Sprints spectrum or using their current PCS/AWS holdings will have 0 effect on improved coverage. With all of the B71 coverage I have seen and mapped on Cellmapper in Michigans U.P. and lower, 600 has no increased coverage advantage over 700.
    I disagree that's Sprint's band 2 would be less effective than Verizon's or At&t band 2/4 which they have deployed in these same areas.

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast