Thread: Is 8gb enough for a tablet?

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is 8gb enough for a tablet?

A friend has a HTZ Desire with only 8gb of storage and it has turned out to be a disaster via apps and running out of memory.

I'm thinking it would be too UNLESS it has Micro SD storage AND that particular unit was capable of moving apps to SD in a really usable way...the HTC was not capable of that.

Are there any particular brands that have Micro SD that makes 8gb a non issue?

Or do I have to go just go with 16gb as a bare minimum or ELSE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Also wondering what would be a good score for <140 bux... ALMOST scored a Nexus 7 2013 on CL for 70 but was too late.

Was thinking one of those on ebay or Dragon Touch M8?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    BTW I just got a first Gen galaxy tab 10 for free...and it is horribly slow to the point where...it's good as a picture frame and that's about it lol. It was a Lil better after I flashed kitkat on it but still I don't wanna use it.

So I'm looking for something with good screen, enough storage for apps, good cpu power and runs quick...

Have lived in many different cities throughout the US, mostly West Coast, East Coast, and South
    Device(s)
    Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 4, Honor 5X; ZTE ZMax Pro; Moto X, E; Galaxy S6; iPhone 6 Plus, 4; Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    Haha! Tried them all, you name it, most likely I've tried it
    Feedback Score
    I think the Dragon Touch M8 is a great value proposition for $89.99 on Amazon. They get great customer reviews on Amazon, and have expandable memory. Actually, any Dragon Touch tablets with 1Gb or more of RAM and expandable microSD slot is a good buy. They sell multiple models, so just get one with the largest amount of RAM you can afford. You get far more bang for your buck than with any of the pricier brand names.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    8GB is a deal breaker IMO. My Kindle Fire has 8 GB and i filled that up way easy. My 16 GB Nexus 4 wasn't a whole lot better. I never filled it up, but that's because I just set a general policy of never downloading anything.

I always buy the largest storage amount I can when I buy a device. I got the 32 GB Nexus 9 and the 64 GB Nexus 6.
    Nexus 6 - 64 GB - Midnight Blue
    Nexus 4 - 16 GB - Black
    Nexus 9 - 32 GB - Black
    And my first: Samsung Galaxy Craptivate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    A friend has a HTZ Desire with only 8gb of storage and it has turned out to be a disaster via apps and running out of memory.

I'm thinking it would be too UNLESS it has Micro SD storage AND that particular unit was capable of moving apps to SD in a really usable way...the HTC was not capable of that.

Are there any particular brands that have Micro SD that makes 8gb a non issue?

Or do I have to go just go with 16gb as a bare minimum or ELSE?

No. Installing two high-end games would require more than the entire internal storage LOL. The best possible tablet to purchase at a reasonable price and with a decent screen would be the Nvidia Shield Tablet. Note that even though it was released last year, the Shield Tablet is still much faster than the most recent high-end flagship phones on the market. If you're not willing to pay that much, you could get a Kindle Fire HDX for just over $100. Installing the Play Store and Nova Launcher is incredibly simple, and then you just have a pretty high-end device at a very low price that is years ahead of the devices you are looking at.