Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Moto G (2015) - Supports Band 12 LTE at $179

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well that's disappointing... Makes sense since it doesn't currently support VoLTE.

And is this really as good as the stock network info app gets? This was *#*#4636#*#*.

- Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
    looks like Motorola removed references to band 12 LTE support on the main page

(band 12 is still listed for the CDMA model)

there are some reports of the device NOT latching to band 12 out of box... maybe it's already pre-disabled, and motorola didn't update teh spec page before release

(grounds to request a full refund)

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g

(cdma version may be incorrect too - it's missing band 41 for sprint's spark)
    Sprint cdma CCA model is correct.

It's lte bands 2/4/5/12/25/25/41 + cdma bc 0/1/10 and wcdma + gsm. Sprint ordered devices are as configured since last summer starting originally with the 2014 moto x which sprint did not sold but one of its prepaid MVNOs did.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

(band 12 is still listed for the <sprint> CDMA model)

there are some reports of the device NOT latching to band 12 out of box... maybe it's already pre-disabled, and motorola didn't update teh spec page before release

(grounds to request a full refund)

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g

(cdma version may be incorrect too - it's missing band 41 for sprint's spark)
    Sprint's band 41 is listed under TD-LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Sprint's band 41 is listed under TD-LTE.
    whoops, I'm blind

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

(band 12 is still listed for the <sprint> CDMA model)
    Amazing news, specs not settled. Thank you. It did look like a great phone for T-Mobile fans.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimWorthey View Post
    Amazing news, specs not settled. Thank you. It did look like a great phone for T-Mobile fans.
    Agreed. This was almost surely going to be my next phone, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe a Moto X Pure or wait to see what the new LG Nexus is like...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It figures they would do the same to this phone as the Moto E and remove Band 12. I was already turned off by the fact that it had no VoLTE and now this. Motorola hasn't even shipped my Motomaker G yet but when I do I think I'll just send it right back, and maybe get the Moto X Pure Edition when that comes out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Well for T-Mobile if it does not have VoLTE, Band 12 goes too. The Microsoft Lumia 640 has Band 12 and VoLTE. I know this cause I owned one and had advanced LTE for "calls, text, and data" turned on in the settings menu. I currently have a Moto G 1st gen LTE from AT&T unlocked on T-mobile and don't have Band 12 but 2/4 since Band 12 is not enabled anyways in Portland, OR yet. If your lucky enough to get a Moto E 2nd gen from Amazon like i did that has Android 5.0 not 5.1 Band 12 is still enabled but remember if you take the 5.1 update they disable it.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I got my second Moto G today, the Motomaker one and it has a dead pixel! The second one with a screen problem. Fortunately I planned to send it back regardless since the latest developments spec wise here, and I'm gonna hold out for the Moto X Pure Edition.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    So I got my second Moto G today, the Motomaker one and it has a dead pixel! The second one with a screen problem. Fortunately I planned to send it back regardless since the latest developments spec wise here, and I'm gonna hold out for the Moto X Pure Edition.
    I'm starting to question the Moto X Pure Edition. It's missing band 4/AWS HSPA+ from the tech specs list. It may not be as important as it once was, but still is in some places.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    I'm starting to question the Moto X Pure Edition. It's missing band 4/AWS HSPA+ from the tech specs list. It may not be as important as it once was, but still is in some places.
    I thought T-Mobile is soon shutting down its HSPA/HSPA+ network on AWS to create more LTE capacity on that band. Where is T-Mobile still planning to run HSPA/HSPA+ on AWS in the near future?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    I thought T-Mobile is soon shutting down its HSPA/HSPA+ network on AWS to create more LTE capacity on that band. Where is T-Mobile still planning to run HSPA/HSPA+ on AWS in the near future?
    I still don't see why it would be an omission from any device moving forward. There are areas where they have excess AWS (most of Florida, for example), so they don't really need to shut it down (and still haven't in those areas).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    I still don't see why it would be an omission from any device moving forward. There are areas where they have excess AWS (most of Florida, for example), so they don't really need to shut it down (and still haven't in those areas).
    Thanks for the info. I was under the impression they were moving all of their 3G to PCS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4