Thread: Prepaid SIM for Netherlands, Germany, & France?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Prepaid SIM for Netherlands, Germany, & France?

My folks are heading to Europe on Saturday, and the old man drops on me today that he wants to get a SIM to use his Bell BlackBerry Q10 on his travels. He got an unlock code from Bell against my recommendation, but the code does't work. They've escalated to BlackBerry, but in the meantime I've purchased him one online from a third party for $20; I should have that code in the morning.

But I digress. What I'm really here inquiring about is prepaid data/phone options for Europe. My folks are spending 3 weeks combined in the Netherlands, France, and Germany. Because they leave Saturday, we don't have time to order a SIM online. So with that being said, what is the best option for a prepaid SIM/plan that they'll be able to pick up at their first stop in the Netherlands? It's mostly for data (email, BBM Video), but they will want to make the odd local call, and possibly the odd call home to Canada.

And will a plan from the Netherlands work in Germany and France without massive roaming charges? Or are they going to need a SIM for each country? The most important country is the Netherlands as it's the first stop and they'll be spending the most time there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT - Oh and I guess I should check to see if his phone will even work on the European networks. If you have any info on that I'd really appreciate it as well.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi, if you post in the Blackberry forum I think you'll get more responses.

Edit: Oh! Excuse me, I wasn't aware it was you, Denny. I was thinking you'd be one of the people who could answer the question!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No excusing necessary

Nah, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to European carriers. I agree that I'd have better luck with the frequency/band question in the BlackBerry forums. This forum is the most appropriate for the plan/carrier questions though.