Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Promo!

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel cool View Post
    Unless your new master (Rogers) decides to Grandfather all the old Mobies plans nothing coming down that pipeline will be worth sticking around for.
    What part of "for life" did you not understand?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    A totally knowledgeable consumer would give all the business to the sub-brand with the lowest cost.
    Are you crazy?
    Most "knowledgeable" consumers try to get bang for their buck; best quality at a reasonable price
    If lowest cost was driving factor quality would suffer

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid mini
    Carrier(s)
    Rogerlicity
    Feedback Score
    I must of missed it where does it say Rogers will be grandfathering all of mobies subs plans old and new ?

Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel cool View Post
    I must of missed it where does it say Rogers will be grandfathering all of mobies subs plans old and new ?
    Rogers confirmed that “Currently, Mobilicity customers are running on the existing Mobilicity towers/network. As we roll out the red carpet to welcome them to Rogers, we will switch Mobilicity sites over to the Rogers network, further improving our network and giving customers even greater access to fast, reliable service. All Mobilicity plans are being honoured.”

Feedback Score
    Thoughts on whether Rogers will allow Mobilicity clients to roam on the entire network and still have the same features, OR whether they will be restricted to the same geographical zones they are now (Vancouver, Toronto, etc.) to have these features?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Pure speculation at this point. Offered mainly so people don't have fixed expectations.

Could be the current coverage areas will be LTE, with "extended" domestic roaming 3G. Or there could be an unlimited domestic roaming add-on. Or it could be kept simple, Mobilicity having the same full network access as Fido subs. I think it unlikely and ill-advised for Rogers to restrict Mobilicity subs from LTE within the current coverage areas. LTE access gives Mobilicity a big leg up over WIND.

Could be new lower-tier plans have local calling areas, a la Chatr.

I'd guess it very unlikely that all Rogers features, or even all Fido features, will be available to Mobi subs. There will likely be a number of new feature add-ons.

One of the great draws of Mobilicity is the pure prepaid, unlimited use model. Rogers will see the competitive advantage of essentially maintaining that. Any usage-based billing should be very occasional, so users don't have the hassle of constant wallet top-ups (which is another advantage of Mobi's model - complete control over exposure to usage charges).

To my mind, what has and will preserve Mobilicity as a Rogers sub-brand is the no device subsidy aspect of its pure prepaid model. That in itself justifies the affordable yet high-value proposition Mobilicity brings to the competitive landscape, and differentiates it from the others.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    My guess and ASSumption is Rogers will match Wind as closely as possible. While Wind remains HSPA only, so will Mobilicity. As soon wind gets LTE established, watch the big fanfare from Mobilicity that they now have LTE. Rogers may try to push LTE early just to say they had it before Wind though.

Rogers will likely maintain the Mobilicity footprint but may expand it to cover Winds footprint in big fanfare.

I don't expect roaming fees to be reduced because then Wind could probably get reduced roaming too, and Rogers in no way wants that to happen.

Can't have it get too large though. Wouldn't want to have it cannibalize Rogers customers and reduce their revenue.

But that's just my opinion. Time will tell.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I was told by a Mobilicity store manager that this promo is active till the end of August and they were informed by their District Manager on their monthly conference call that Mobilicity customer's will be switched to Rogers network by the second week of September and from that point customers will have Province wide coverage (e.g. it won't be considered roaming as long as the Ontario numbers use the plan while physically present in the province). Obviously take the information with a grain of salt, until things are confirmed.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    My guess and ASSumption is Rogers will match Wind as closely as possible. While Wind remains HSPA only, so will Mobilicity. As soon wind gets LTE established, watch the big fanfare from Mobilicity that they now have LTE. Rogers may try to push LTE early just to say they had it before Wind though.

Rogers will likely maintain the Mobilicity footprint but may expand it to cover Winds footprint in big fanfare.

I don't expect roaming fees to be reduced because then Wind could probably get reduced roaming too, and Rogers in no way wants that to happen.

Can't have it get too large though. Wouldn't want to have it cannibalize Rogers customers and reduce their revenue.

But that's just my opinion. Time will tell.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    I don't think it will do anything to Rogers customers looking at Fido being their sub brand and is providing same coverage as Rogers it self and still running shows that Rogers will play their cards with Mobi as well and direct it against WIND customers side by side with BETTER coverage and possibly ditch Chatr that never really got off the ground.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    I was told by a Mobilicity store manager that this promo is active till the end of August and they were informed by their District Manager on their monthly conference call that Mobilicity customer's will be switched to Rogers network by the second week of September and from that point customers will have Province wide coverage (e.g. it won't be considered roaming as long as the Ontario numbers use the plan while physically present in the province). Obviously take the information with a grain of salt, until things are confirmed.
    This sounds promising If it is indeed province wide without roaming etc I will be happy to jump ship from Koodo MB/SK plan and get the $40 BTS from them on the last day.

and by the time I ever get around to traveling within Canada outside on ON hopefully they will allow it Canada-Wide without roaming charges.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nospleeny View Post
    Thoughts on whether Rogers will allow Mobilicity clients to roam on the entire network and still have the same features, OR whether they will be restricted to the same geographical zones they are now (Vancouver, Toronto, etc.) to have these features?
    I'm expecting an addon (extended coverage for a charge, kind of like how they handled Fido)
    Only time will tell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    Does anyone else find this optimistic? I hope it is accurate because my intent is to port over to mobi from bell and hopefully get Rogers LTE with mobi prices...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mymid View Post
    Does anyone else find this optimistic? I hope it is accurate because my intent is to port over to mobi from bell and hopefully get Rogers LTE with mobi prices...
    It is maybe optimistic for time frame
    Rogers needs to give Mobi spectrum to Wind remember?
    After that Mobi clients will be on Rogers network
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3