Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moto G XT1045 (4G) on Consumer Cellular

Feedback Score
    I just saw the Consumer Cellular XT1045 at Target yesterday on sale for eighty something.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I just saw the Consumer Cellular XT1045 at Target yesterday on sale for eighty something.
    Are you sure that wasn't a Moto E?

AFAIK, CC never sold an XT1045 - Moto G LTE.

The did sell 2 Moto G models - the Moto G 1st gen GSM and what they called the Moto G EXT, which I think is the 2nd gen GSM.

Moto E LTE - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/637

Moto G - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/555

Moto G EXT - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/619

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    According to Motorola, http://www.motorola.com/us/products/...Specifications the 2015 Moto G does have a microSD slot.
    Great news..Thanks a bunch
    Last edited by gsuemnic; 08-08-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Feedback Score

Will it work with Consumers Cellular

Quote Originally Posted by gsuemnic View Post
    Great news..Thanks a bunch
    I wonder if it will work with Consumers Cellular ?

Is it safe to assume if their version of the Moto E works fine and I use same APN settings I should see the same results ??
    I still have the original SIM card they supplied to me for the 1st Moto G 4G (4.5 in screen) that Consumers Cellular could NOT get to the 4G data to work ? Yes, my account was set for 4G. Learned that one on Howard Forums before I called them!!!

I hate to settle for the Moto E. I settled with the Moto G 3G and no SD card slot and soon had run out of free space.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if it will work with Consumers Cellular ?
    Any unlocked GSM AT&T compatible phone will work on consumer. As long as you can make manual adjustments to the APN profile, by googling here and asking for help you should be able to get the right settings. And yes this is one area where cc otherwise stellar customer service can fall down. In the beginning of LTE, they were only confident with iPhone. But I got my XT 1045 working from settings I found here in the forums.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Any unlocked GSM AT&T compatible phone will work on consumer. As long as you can make manual adjustments to the APN profile, by googling here and asking for help you should be able to get the right settings. And yes this is one area where cc otherwise stellar customer service can fall down. In the beginning of LTE, they were only confident with iPhone. But I got my XT 1045 working from settings I found here in the forums.
    Ditto. Been working with 3 unlocked 2013 Moto G LTEs on CC in my family for about a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't a Moto E?

AFAIK, CC never sold an XT1045 - Moto G LTE.

The did sell 2 Moto G models - the Moto G 1st gen GSM and what they called the Moto G EXT, which I think is the 2nd gen GSM.

Moto E LTE - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/637

Moto G - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/555

Moto G EXT - https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/619
    Sorry, your right, it was the 1st gen non-LTE Moto G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gweeper View Post
    Ditto. Been working with 3 unlocked 2013 Moto G LTEs on CC in my family for about a year.
    I realize the moderator probably doesn't like duplicates, but maybe a fresh post here of actual APNs that are working on the Moto G xt1045 on Consumers Cellular ? I see several and all have various differences. My Xt1045 should arrive in 3 days.

Feedback Score
    This is from six months ago, worked fine up to when I recently ported out. Some random notes at the bottom.

Name: (whatever, just a label for the user)
    APN: ccdata
    Proxy: <blank> (shows up as Not Set)
    Port: <blank> (shows up as Not Set)
    Username: <blank> (shows up as Not Set)
    Password: <blank> (shows up as Not Set)
    Server: <blank> (shows up as Not Set)
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: None
    APN type: default,mms,fota,supl,agps
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled (not changeable)
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO Type: None
    MVNO Value: 2AC9 (not changeable)

----------------------------
    Remember that the Moto G LTE has the same flaw as the iPhone: no simultaneous voice and LTE data. So data switches to HSDPA or HSDPA+ during a voice call.

When it is working for you, your Moto G indicates LTE in the status bar?

I have only been able to get "H+" using "att.mvno" instead of "ccdata". I am thinking they might not have provisioned my phone(s) for LTE. Have not been successful with MMS at all though.

Settings, "More" (right underneath Data Usage), then Mobile networks, Access Point Names, now "plus in the circle" to create a new APN entry.

Change only the following fields:
    APN Name: ConsumerCellular (this is just a label. I called it "CCLTE")
    APN: ccdata
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl

After entering this information, hit Menu (top right 3 dots), Save. I had a problem in my phones with the new entry being listed. I had to go back to the Home screen and then navigate back again. I could see it after returning. Make sure the dot to the right of the new entry is checked to enable the new APN entry you just created.

After doing the above, if you wait a minute, it should connect to the data network. If not, reboot the device. Once you see H+, LTE or 4G (depending on what your phone displays), test the web & MMS.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post

----------------------------
    Remember that the Moto G LTE has the same flaw as the iPhone: no simultaneous voice and LTE data. So data switches to HSDPA or HSDPA+ during a voice call.
    Is VoLTE only offered by T-Mobile and only on Band 12?

I've read that a recent Motorola OTA update has disabled LTE band 12 on the Moto G3 leaving some customers angry that their Moto G no longer supports band 12 as advertised. Motorola is offering full refunds.

Can't band 12 still be used with t-mobile without VoLTE or does a phone need VoLTE capability to use band 12 on t-mobile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Is VoLTE only offered by T-Mobile and only on Band 12?

I've read that a recent Motorola OTA update has disabled LTE band 12 on the Moto G3 leaving some customers angry that their Moto G no longer supports band 12 as advertised. Motorola is offering full refunds.

Can't band 12 still be used with t-mobile without VoLTE or does a phone need VoLTE capability to use band 12 on t-mobile?
    This really should have its own thread nothing to do with the XT 1045. My understanding is that T Mobile is demanding that band 12 only be activated when vol te is proven to work on the device. The fear is that people in reformed areas will be left with no voice option and calls will drop.

Feedback Score
    It is coming from ebay marked as used by AT&T. The 'unlocked' phone I got from Amazon would NOT connect at 4G so I thought I try and AT&T branded one.
    The Motorola XT-1045 arrived but all I see is 'no sim card installed', so back it goes. The Consumers Cellular representative was very helpful again. He said a active Sim card should be recognized and also thought the phone was defective. I was using Consumer Cellular sim card from my Moto G.

I've now ordered the Moto G 3rd gen GSM phone directly from Motorola. HOPEFULLY is will work.

While on this subject. if the phone would have been 'locked', where/how would that fact appear ?

Feedback Score
    While on this subject. if the phone would have been 'locked', where/how would that fact appear ?
    SIM locked or carrier locked is the same thing, and shows up when you put in another carrier's SIM card. Since consumer sells their phones at what they consider full retail, soon as you start service with them, call them up and ask them to unlock it and they will.

By the way did you know that consumer uses T Mobile as well as AT&T? Make sure to ask for AT&T if you think you want that, regardless of what the CSR tells you, since they probably make more money on getting people to use tmobile instead of AT&T.

It is even possible a mistake in that area was the cause of your problem if the sim didn't match the phone.

Finally, if you do want T Mobile service, I would make sure you get a phone that supports band 12.

Feedback Score
    So if there is a 'lock' would I expect to see 'No sim card' or would the message be different ? The ebay merchant says the Moto G LTE (xt1045) is an unlocked device. It also has an AT&T logo

The Consumers Cellular sim card is for AT&T sim. I got the sim card from Target and it is market AT&T. I also purchased the Moto E at Target.

All the reading I did before starting any of this made it seem like sim card made of the this so easy. Go figure ??

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you have an AT&T store in the area? Bring your G's there and tell them you're interested in service and want to verify your phones work first and you'll think about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast