Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Network Speeds

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Network Speeds

Anyone with a GSM-T phone or using a ST T-Mobile SIM card? Post your speed tests here!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious as well. Do they have increased latency like AT&T does on ST?

I'll be moving to Metro this month because I'm planning to sharply increase my data usage and I'm tired of AT&T's piss-slow LTE in Vegas.
    Nexus 6 - 64 GB - Midnight Blue
    Nexus 4 - 16 GB - Black
    Nexus 9 - 32 GB - Black
    And my first: Samsung Galaxy Craptivate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjacks12 View Post

I'll be moving to Metro this month because I'm planning to sharply increase my data usage and I'm tired of AT&T's piss-slow LTE in Vegas.
    Yeah, that's one of my biggest questions is how the latency compares. Im on the Straight Talk AT&T SIM right now and I'm pretty happy with the speeds but the latency is high (higher than Cricket) so I'm wondering how the T-Mo side compares with speeds and latency. MetroPCS has the same if not very close latency to T-Mobile postpaid but is prioritized lower like an mvno would be. What plan would you get with MetroPCS?
    This is one I just took on my Straight Talk AT&T SIM card: (Samsung Galaxy S3)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Holy hell you've got much faster speeds than I do on my ST AT&T sim, I am lucky to get 5 or 6 down. I'm on Band 17 around here.

The Metro plan I'm going to be on will be the $60 unlimited LTE plan. I always end up using very little data because I'm worried about needing room for usage later in the month but never do. Now my work wifi is garbage so I end up having to use data at work(and with tax season coming, this means lots of streaming).

Metro is supposedly prioritized lower, but most people report seeing the same speeds as postpaid T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Holy hell you've got much faster speeds than I do on my ST AT&T sim, I am lucky to get 5 or 6 down. I'm on Band 17 around here.

The Metro plan I'm going to be on will be the $60 unlimited LTE plan. I always end up using very little data because I'm worried about needing room for usage later in the month but never do. Now my work wifi is garbage so I end up having to use data at work(and with tax season coming, this means lots of streaming).

Metro is supposedly prioritized lower, but most people report seeing the same speeds as postpaid T-Mobile.
    I get the same speeds as you on Band 17 on my ST AT&T SIM. And I'd say the ST T-Mobile SIM would only be a better option if you were considering the 4 GB plan on MetroPCS because you'd be getting 1 GB more for around $1 less (depending on local sales tax for ST in your area). And MetroPCS is only prioritized lower than T-Mobile in times of network congestion according to their TOS. Is T-Mobile popular in your area?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I believe T-Mobile is fairly popular here in Lost Wages, but I've heard others say that they don't get knocked down the totem pole on Metro here.

Feedback Score
    I believe T-Mobile is fairly popular here in Lost Wages, but I've heard others say that they don't get knocked down the totem pole on Metro here.
    What are their speeds usually like?

Feedback Score

It's a different APN, and traffic isn't routed the same way. I tried the T-Mobile ST SIM for a few weeks, and it worked well. I got native T-Mobile speeds and latency. They have the same roaming agreements as T-Mobile postpaid, but they don't allow data roaming, only voice and text.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    It's a different APN, and traffic isn't routed the same way. I tried the T-Mobile ST SIM for a few weeks, and it worked well. I got native T-Mobile speeds and latency. They have the same roaming agreements as T-Mobile postpaid, but they don't allow data roaming, only voice and text.
    Do you have any speed tests? If not what was your latency generally around?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    Do you have any speed tests? If not what was your latency generally around?
    I didn't take any screenshots, but I had a postpaid T-Mobile phone side by side, and I was getting the same latency and speed as native T-Mobile. Download I got around 40Mbps, upload around 15Mbps, and latency was between 30-50ms.

Feedback Score
    I didn't take any screenshots, but I had a postpaid T-Mobile phone side by side, and I was getting the same latency and speed as native T-Mobile. Download I got around 40Mbps, upload around 15Mbps, and latency was between 30-50ms.
    Very good to know! I'm considering testing it out doing a switch from my AT&T ST SIM to a T-Mobile ST one, they're only $1.99 with free shipping on ebay, which is a pretty good deal.

Feedback Score
    Very good to know! I'm considering testing it out doing a switch from my AT&T ST SIM to a T-Mobile ST one, they're only $1.99 with free shipping on ebay, which is a pretty good deal.
    Here's the one I was talking about. If you have good T-Mobile coverage in your area, it's definitely a good option.

Feedback Score
    Here's the one I was talking about. If you have good T-Mobile coverage in your area, it's definitely a good option.

Does it say T-Mobile in the carrier area, HOME, or TFW?

Feedback Score
    Does it say T-Mobile in the carrier area, HOME, or TFW?
    HOME. There's no carrier bundle for it so everything's manual. On the plus side, you get the carrier selection menu and LTE, 3G, and 2G toggles in the settings.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Metro is only prioritized in congested areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast