Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rogers confirms: "All Mobilicity plans are being honoured"

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersMichaelT View Post
    Hey guys, Mike from Rogers here. Here's the info we currently have - hope it helps!

• We’re rolling out the red carpet to welcome Mobilicity customers to the Rogers family.
    • As we make this transition, all existing Mobilicity plans and functionality are being honoured.
    • Mobilicity customers have been served on a 3G network and will soon be transferred to the Rogers 3G network. Mobilicity customers may have an improved experience as a result of more towers providing better coverage.
    • Mobilicity customers will also continue to experience a zone-based model (with their 5 zones of Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) and use of devices outside of those zones will continue to be subject to roaming charges. Coverage maps can be found on the Mobilicity website (www.mobilicity.ca)
    Mike the coverage map has a portion that says "Future Expansion" what about that? Will Rogers let us use Mobilicity in the same zones and in All the areas that Chatr has coverage? Since Chatr is also Zone based. If thats the case, its a good deal. However if the coverage is LESS than Chatr, than I think its some what of a good deal.

Given Chatr can take one to Niagra falls, London, Kitchner, Cambridge, Waterloo, but currently Mobi can't without charging roaming.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Barring provincial coverage, matching Mobilicity home coverage with Chatr zones seems the obvious thing to do. Restricting Mobi users to zones smaller than Chatr's lowest tier plan ($20) seems almost.. punitive.

Not allowing Mobilicity any significant improvement over current coverage/functionality might leave some wondering if there was a real benefit to users in the Rogers acquistion. Perceptions matter.

Honouring plans already held by subscribers was pretty well a given under the transaction conditions, current political climate and level of scrutiny, IMO.
    Last edited by pjw918; 08-21-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    For the most part, Chatr hasn't been a zoned service for a while now. Looking at Chatr's current plans, those Chatr zones only apply to the lowest priced plan.

It would be quite a pleasant surprise if Rogers does allow Mobilicity customers to use their phones in a much larger area without extra charges than compared to now.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Mike the coverage map has a portion that says "Future Expansion" what about that? Will Rogers let us use Mobilicity in the same zones and in All the areas that Chatr has coverage? Since Chatr is also Zone based. If thats the case, its a good deal. However if the coverage is LESS than Chatr, than I think its some what of a good deal.

Given Chatr can take one to Niagra falls, London, Kitchner, Cambridge, Waterloo, but currently Mobi can't without charging roaming.

Excellent Question!

So after Rogers takeover will it include the Yellow "Future Expansion Map" or just the Pink "Unlimited Plan".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    Excellent Question!

So after Rogers takeover will it include the Yellow "Future Expansion Map" or just the Pink "Unlimited Plan".
    No, this was the excellent question:

Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Will Rogers let us use Mobilicity in the same zones and in All the areas that Chatr has coverage? Since Chatr is also Zone based.
    Chatr local talk zone, $20 plan.

Name:  ChatrLocal.png
Views: 2670
Size:  163.9 KB

http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/cha...Label=Coverage

It's not as though Rogers has to build out to provide this coverage. Which is what the Mobilicity expansion map was contingent on.

Feedback Score
    Will the $20/20GB Premium Data remain the same with Rogers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

Question is, what will new plans offer. Will unlimited remain a defining quality of Mobilicity? Without that, what's the point.
    A lot of people will be asking 'what's the point of Mobilicity' next year after Wind rolls out their LTE. Once that happens, and it will happen, there will be no compelling reason whatsoever to stay with Mobilicity.

Rogers needs to speed up their long game if they want people with zero mobility brand loyalty like myself to keep giving them money.

Feedback Score
    before anybody thinks about switching to 40 dollar mobility plan think about fair usage applies rogers will make it 1gb instead of 5gb so it wont be a good deal after all.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

It's not as though Rogers has to build out to provide this coverage. Which is what the Mobilicity expansion map was contingent on.
    Heh, I didn't even realize the Chatr Zones were only for the $20 plans and the $25+ plans were for anywhere usage in Canada....

Ok so now comes my second question:

Will ALL Mobilicity plans be limited to the zones or only the cheaper plans like Chatr?

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Who knows. I doubt Rogers will compete with themselves.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyf View Post
    So you keep the mobilicity plan, but will be still be zone-based and 3G data.
    Mobi zones were already better than Wind zones
    Rogers is going to be even better

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersMichaelT View Post
    Hey guys, Mike from Rogers here. Here's the info we currently have - hope it helps!

• We’re rolling out the red carpet to welcome Mobilicity customers to the Rogers family.
    • As we make this transition, all existing Mobilicity plans and functionality are being honoured.
    • Mobilicity customers have been served on a 3G network and will soon be transferred to the Rogers 3G network. Mobilicity customers may have an improved experience as a result of more towers providing better coverage.
    • Mobilicity customers will also continue to experience a zone-based model (with their 5 zones of Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) and use of devices outside of those zones will continue to be subject to roaming charges. Coverage maps can be found on the Mobilicity website
    Mobilicity's coverage is not limited to actual city boundaries. For example, Mobilicity has coverage in Markham and Mississauga, which are near Toronto. So, will the coverage be limited to the actual city boundaries upon switching over to the Rogers network, or will Mobilicity customers receive coverage that is close to what is currently present? I'm asking this because I live in Mississauga with Mobilicity coverage and I don't want to have be roaming after the switch happens.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john7777 View Post
    before anybody thinks about switching to 40 dollar mobility plan think about fair usage applies rogers will make it 1gb instead of 5gb so it wont be a good deal after all.
    Fair use on $40 plan is 6GB
    Read terms & conditions

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score

The odd thing is some areas Mobi has better coverage others Chatr does
    I am guessing the zones will be pretty flexible (imagine an existing client who suddenly lost coverage after the switch over)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Mobi zones were already better than Wind zones
    Rogers is going to be even better
    Really? Not from looking at where towers are located and the number of them.

http://sites.postpro.net

Wind has over 3 times the number of tower sites, 1451 for Wind versus 449 for Mobilicity.

It might be that with fewer Mobilicity subscribers on the same bandwidth as Wind that the response is better, but that is a different comparison. Also note, Mobilicity is no longer an independent company, it is simply another brand of a company that a LOT of people dislike and distrust, including me. Read this discussion about how many are wondering when Rogers will screw them over, not IF, but WHEN.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast