Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rogers confirms: "All Mobilicity plans are being honoured"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Weak doesn't really mean anything. You can either have a weaker signal with lower latency (mobi) or stronger signal with high latency (wind)
    By "weak" I mean that I have to put my phone up against a window 50 feet away in order for it to get a signal, while with wind I did not.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyf View Post
    Just switched from Wind to Mobilicity to take advantage of this deal before it possibly goes away (again as noted before: no concrete answers as to when this $40 deal will go away...)
    The $40 BTS promo runs to Sept 30.

Last thing: wow, moblicity's data speed and signal strength is weak compared to wind! It's going to be a rough time for me until Mobilicity finally switches onto the Rogers network...
    By "weak" I mean that I have to put my phone up against a window 50 feet away in order for it to get a signal, while with wind I did not.
    Your signal strength largely depends on your proximity to the tower. You can check the relative distances of the closest WIND and (currently) Mobilicity towers at sites.postpro.net.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    The $40 BTS promo runs to Sept 30.

Your signal strength largely depends on your proximity to the tower. You can check the relative distances of the closest WIND and (currently) Mobilicity towers at sites.postpro.net.

According to that there's one on the building across the street from where I'm having this issue...

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    If that's the tower your phone's using, your signal strength should be a full 5 bars, not 'weak'. Something else is at play. Your phone may be connecting to a different tower. During transition the Mobilicity sites available will be in flux, up to half are going to WIND. If you want verification of tower used with actual signal strength mapping, there's CellMapper. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...net.cellmapper
    Be aware, CellMapper is a capable tool that requires some understanding and engagement by the user.

Network Signal Info will identify the tower you're connected to, but not where it's located. It can graph (not map) varying signal strength values. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.telnet

It won't be too long before your phone is on the Rogers network and showing a strong signal. And it won't be AWS.
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-01-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyf View Post
    . She seemed to suggest the yellow areas on the map will be part of it now too.
    I honestly think these dealers are making things up for a sale? If it was official that the yellow areas will be covered too, Rogers/Mobilicity would have announced it. Would I like it to be true? Absolutely Yes! Because I'm in Milton. I think the Rep was just trying to make a sale.

Feedback Score
    My personal guess is that coverage will grow slightly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    I honestly think these dealers are making things up for a sale? If it was official that the yellow areas will be covered too, Rogers/Mobilicity would have announced it. Would I like it to be true? Absolutely Yes! Because I'm in Milton. I think the Rep was just trying to make a sale.
    When I was helping a friend troubleshoot his phone a few days ago we were transferred to tier 2 tech support which is located in Canada and the tech helping us also mentioned the yellow area's will become coverage areas albeit not right away

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    I think the Rep was just trying to make a sale.
    Definitely
    Dealers know very little about what will happen

Although since nearly half of Milton already works on Mobi (east of Ontario) it's worth the bet that rest of city gets coverage

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Definitely
    Dealers know very little about what will happen

Although since nearly half of Milton already works on Mobi (east of Ontario) it's worth the bet that rest of city gets coverage
    I sure hope so!!! I have tweeted Mobilicity multiple times to confirm if the yellow parts of their maps will be included in the homezones after Rogers switch, but unfortunately no reply thus far.

Carrier(s)
    Public / Freedom / T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    The worst case scenario is Rogers following exactly the old Mobilicity map boundaries. Even that is acceptable as we'll have much improved coverage in our current zones that we initially signed up for.

However with Wind being Mobilicity's main competitor I think eventually the zones will follow lockstep with them. Look at Chatr's coverage they are mirroring almost every move Wind makes.

I'd expect the same for LTE as well, once Wind releases it Mobi will most likely follow suit.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Mobilicity replied to my tweet that the "yellow" areas have been on the coverage maps for a while (obviously) but they don't have any immediate plans to expand at this time...

So one option is to get before it expires at the end of September (hopefully there is more clarity about this by then) and add the 10 or $20 addon. Or option 2 stick with Koodo $50 plan (SK)...

Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me, if I can use an unlocked Iphone 4s on Mobilicity when they switch over to Rogers 3G network? and if so when?

Device(s)
    Motorola i576 Mike
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    If they migrate the network, then yes.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for a new service provider and just read through the thread. So it looks like new coverage will still be limited but improved, and only 3G. However, the BTS promo says it's province-wide - does that just mean the unlimited zones and not roaming?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by muskoka View Post
    If they migrate the network, then yes.
    They have to migrate the network
    All spectrum is being transferred to Wind
    (Unless this is some sort of poison pill, Rogers gives Wind spectrum, loads clients on cheap plans in the hopes to further degrade Winds network)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast