Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: It's a Blackberry... It's a Droid... OMG IT'S BOTH.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    So the case cost as much as an Amazon tablet. Talk about markup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out the price of Apple's and Samsung's accessories, over charging at the OEM level is nothing new.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    BlackBerry posted yesterday on their Facebook page that the Unlocked Priv is now available from the worldwide big box chain I like to refer to as "Wally World". And yet, still not available from T-Mobile due to AT&T's stupid exclusivity agreement.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    BlackBerry posted yesterday on their Facebook page that the Unlocked Priv is now available from the worldwide big box chain I like to refer to as "Wally World". And yet, still not available from T-Mobile due to AT&T's stupid exclusivity agreement.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Can't you use thus unlocked GSM "Priv" on the T-Mobile network?

And, if so, what are you lamenting? This phone just not being available in T-Mobile stores???

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Can't you use thus unlocked GSM "Priv" on the T-Mobile network?

And, if so, what are you lamenting? This phone just not being available in T-Mobile stores???
    Yes, that is what he probably means (it not being available/sold in T-Mobile stores) since the unlocked Blackberry Priv will work on the T-Mobile network. The issue that people have is that when not going through the carrier (and agreeing to some sort of contract) and going through a big box store like Walmart or Amazon is that you need to pay full price for the phone which is quite a lot of money.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    Yes, that is what he probably means (it not being available/sold in T-Mobile stores) since the unlocked Blackberry Priv will work on the T-Mobile network. The issue that people have is that when not going through the carrier (and agreeing to some sort of contract) and going through a big box store like Walmart or Amazon is that you need to pay full price for the phone which is quite a lot of money.
    Walmart blanket the nation, unlike T-Mobile. I can't recall ever seeing a T-Mobile store. Might as well get something on AT&T instead of an jnferior, distant third network.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Walmart blanket the nation, unlike T-Mobile. I can't recall ever seeing a T-Mobile store. Might as well get something on AT&T instead of an jnferior, distant third network.
    You must really live in the middle of nowhere if you have never seen a T-Mobile store. You live in Montana or somewhere like that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Wow! REMARKABLE... Just look at the handset, querty + droid which is a perfect blend to experience a new generation. Soon I will hit a purchase on this fabulous handset .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    I can't recall ever having seen a T-Mobile store, even in my travels to the small part of the country that is served by the T-Mobile network. I've seen some Metro-PCS stores (also very hard to find), but not actual T-Mobile stores.

I suggest he stop trying to find this phone on T-Mobile and get it on a real network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    You must really live in the middle of nowhere if you have never seen a T-Mobile store. You live in Montana or somewhere like that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Probably just in a small dark corner inside his head.

We have T-Mobile stores all over where I live. More than Verizon stores.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile only serves a small part of the country overall. Barely counts as a national network. Many states east of the Mississippi follow this as well, with only some of the state having T-Mobile... Wisconsin is just one example. Or Michigan, that is still mostly T-Mobile-free after their ballyhooed 2015 expansion. States that are blanketed by good networks.

'Montana' is a bad example for T-Mobile shills to bring up. Real carriers have no problem providing at least some coverage there over much of it, while uncarriers abandon it.

T-Mobile is good as a landline replacement for many, but a poor third or fourth choice if you want to be mobile. T-Mobile is objectively on a significantly worse network., and no tantrums and misleading claims by Legere can change this.

No need to drive a huge distance to find -T-Mobile stores anyway . . why go there to get products that only work in a small part of the country?

People only put up with significantly inferior choices like T-Mobile and Sprint and USCellular in order to save money. If Verizon plans cost as little as these 3, none of them would have customers anymore.

Just like if a Lexus cost as little as a Chevy Malibu, no one would buy shoddy Malibu's any more.

Feedback Score
    I'm more excited to see this come into being (though I know it won't be available to the general public):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2474037,00.asp

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iGeneration* View Post
    I'm more excited to see this come into being (though I know it won't be available to the general public):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2474037,00.asp
    You might as well just blow a bunch of money on a BlackBerry By Porsche Design.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been advocating this creation for quite some time. I remember getting flamed for suggesting this about 6 years ago. BB Android is the only way to go.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
    Attachment 129673

It's a BlackBerry, but it runs Android. It has a physical qwerty keypad, but Lollipop navigation buttons as well. It's the BlackBerry Venice Slider, and if rumours are to be believed, it's coming to your carrier before Christmas.

Famous phone leaker Evan Blass—who, for the record, was bang-on about Samsung's fall device launch—tweeted last night that the Venice would be available on all four US carriers come November. I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't be available in Canada as well. Specs for the device are rumoured to be as follows:

5.4 inch 2K display
    18 MP OIS rear camera (5 MP on the front)
    1.8 GHz Snapdragon 808 processor with 3 GB RAM
    Android Lollipop

Now I'm not a BlackBerry user myself, but I imagine the big draws for fans of the platform would be the inclusion of the familiar (and impressive) BlackBerry Hub, along with the opportunity to finally be treated as a first-class Android citizen thanks to Google Play services. And for those Android users still pining for a physical keyboard, this is very likely the device for you.

Are we excited about an Android-powered BlackBerry...?

Sources:

Ya know I've never owned a Blackberry or really used one that much but this concept is incredibly tempting. My dad owns one but it's only because his work paid for it. I hate that the app store is lacking a bit but like I said, I don't own one so I wouldn't be able to tell you side by side how good it is compared to others now that it's been years since Blackberry first got started. I love the idea though! Combine the best of both, I always say.
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost." ~ JR Tolkien
    "The best you can do for another is not just share your riches but prove to him his own." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Feedback Score
    This will be an all-Android year for BlackBerry's newest phones.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast