Thread: Issues making back to back calls with Videotron's LTE network. (Common issue?)

Feedback Score

Issues making back to back calls with Videotron's LTE network. (Common issue?)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some input or to see if anyone has ever experienced this with Videotron or another phone carrier.

I got a S6 with Videotron back in June (2 year contract). It's my first experience with Videotron's mobile service and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I won't bore you guys with all the details (unless you want to know) but I'll just say that I've spoken with Videotrons Customer Service and Technical Support more times in the past two months than during my entire 10 or so years with my previous phone carrier.

Anyways, I am currently having this issue that when I make a phone call or receive a phone call, once I hang up, I can't make another call or receive another call for a minute or so. Apparently this occurs because I am on the LTE network but phone calls and texts occur on the 4G network, so when I make a call my phone goes to 4G and then when I hang up it goes back to LTE. This is a big problem for me and has been incredibly frustrating. In addition, I have been missing a lot of phone calls, I would receive a voicemail from someone without my phone ringing or it even recognizing that someone called, or have someone text me to tell me they tried calling me and I had no idea. After a month of troubleshooting with Videotron, they had me try a 4G sim card to see if that removes the issue, and it looks like it has. Now it looks like their solution to my issue is to stay on 4G with no type of compensation or anything. If I knew this was going to be an issue, I never would have gone to Videotron in the first place.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this before with any provider? Am I making too big a deal out of the difference between 4G and LTE?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I wish I could somehow get out of my contract as I have been regretting this decision since the very start.

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    No experience with your problem. I'm on Wind and we have yet to get LTE, but hopefully soon.

Weird that Videotron took so long to figure out the problem. Did you ever try going back to the store you got your phone from or was all your tech support over the phone or via Internet or email?

How is the network and pricing other than the sour technical taste?

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    I've been through it all with Videotron. They even replaced my phone once because of issues with my previous S6. It's just one problem after another. I got a great deal on my plan and on the phone, and the network is ok when its working properly. But it's not worth it for all the problems.

Do you think I'd be better off posting somewhere else on this forum? I am interested in knowing if anyone else has an LTE network but only voice over 4G/3G and has the same problems as I do when the phone switches between the two networks before, during and after phone calls. It seems like an issue that a lot of people would not tolerate but this is the excuse Videotron is giving me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    There is not a lot of traffic in the Videotron forum. I check all the Canadian forums out of curiosity about what is happening in different parts of the country.

All the carriers except Wind have LTE. Then of course there are the US carrier forums.

Have you done a search of the forums? Not sure what a good search term or terms would be for your problem.

Another option would be to call tech support of one or more of the big 3 and ask them if they have had that problem on their network. Or to call Samsung to ask them about it, since it is their phone.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Feedback Score
    Those are some good suggestions. I am new to this forum, is there a general discussion subsection where this would fit and would possibly get more traffic and input?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Not sure. Are you on the HoFo app or a browser?

Is there any advanced features that can be turned off? VoLTE which is Voice over LTE?

Is it still affecting your phone, is the problem fixed now? Just want to vent?

Feedback Score
    The problem is fixed if I choose to only stay on 4G, which I would rather not. I signed a contract with the assumption that I would be using LTE and I would prefer to use LTE, just without these issues.

What I want to know is if this problem has occurred for anyone else, or if Videotron is just making up an excuse. To me it seems like if what Videotron says is true, then there would be more people complaining about it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Just in case that Videotron or you did not know that you have a setting to disable for this feature.
    Here is how to disable VOLTE for calls and keep using LTE for Data.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-s6-edge.html

I have an iPhone 6 and the option for VOLTE cannot be activated on Videotron network. I do not have issue to make or receive calls like you have.

via the HoFo App
    My Plan:
    99$ / Unlimited text and 6GB of data anywhere in Canada and US
    0$ / Unlimited calls anywhere in Canada and US from Quebec
    0$ / Unlimited calls anywhere in Canada and US from US
    0$ / Unlimited calls anywhere in Canada from other provinces in Canada
    0$ / Voicemail, call display, call waiting and conference calls
    -10$ / BYOD and no contract rebate
    = 90$ + taxes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan31 View Post
    The problem is fixed if I choose to only stay on 4G, which I would rather not. I signed a contract with the assumption that I would be using LTE and I would prefer to use LTE, just without these issues.

What I want to know is if this problem has occurred for anyone else, or if Videotron is just making up an excuse. To me it seems like if what Videotron says is true, then there would be more people complaining about it.
    I had those problems with Videotron when they only had 3G. It has nothing to do with LTE. After 3 years, when my contract ended, I went back to Telus.

I know a couple of others that had the same problems and went back to Bell. In on case a Videotron told a friend of mine he had to change the battery, to another they told him there was a problem with the SIM. Not true.In both cases they unlocked their phones and went with Bell and they have not experienced those issues ever since switching to Bell.

Another thing I noticed with Videotron is the following. I would dial a number and press send. There would be a long silence, but very long to the point where I wondered if I had pressed send. Then it eventually would start ringing. Now it Telus that doesn't happen at all.

Not saying its bad network but there are others that experience the same thing as you.
    Last edited by rogue17; 08-28-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyfraser1978 View Post
    Just in case that Videotron or you did not know that you have a setting to disable for this feature.
    Here is how to disable VOLTE for calls and keep using LTE for Data.

I have an iPhone 6 and the option for VOLTE cannot be activated on Videotron network. I do not have issue to make or receive calls like you have.

via the HoFo App
    I can't find the place to disable this feature on my phone. I don't think I have it. I don't make calls on LTE. I make calls on 3g/4g and then switch back to LTE once the phone call is over.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    I had those problems with Videotron when they only had 3G. It has nothing to do with LTE. After 3 years, when my contract ended, I went back to Telus.

I know a couple of others that had the same problems and went back to Bell. In on case a Videotron told a friend of mine he had to change the battery, to another they told him there was a problem with the SIM. Not true.In both cases they unlocked their phones and went with Bell and they have not experienced those issues ever since switching to Bell.

Another thing I noticed with Videotron is the following. I would dial a number and press send. There would be a long silence, but very long to the point where I wondered if I had pressed send. Then it eventually would start ringing. Now it Telus that doesn't happen at all.

Not saying its bad network but there are others that experience the same thing as you.
    Thanks for the info. Although it sucks to hear that I may be doomed for the length of my contract. If this is a semi-common issue with them, are they purposely just not making me aware of this and just jerking me around with all these troubleshoots? I have had issues with them from the second I signed my contract and now there is nothing I can do about it. They had me try multiple SIM cards (both LTE and 4G), delete all my apps, multiple Factory resets, document whenever my phone missed a call (location, time, phone #, etc), test my phone signal in different locations and document it, they even gave me a new phone after two weeks, and now they are having me try one of their Videotron PRTNR networks instead of their own to see if that helps. I get the feeling at this point that they are just going to go around in circles with me until they admit there is nothing wrong on their end and with my phone and I just have to live with it.

I had that same issue with sending out phone calls and the long pauses when I was using LTE. Since I have switched my SIM card to 4G, that probably has at least gone away.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Maybe you don't have access since you have a 3G/4G SIM card.

Here is what I have found :
    Open the phone app like you're going to make a call, click on more, then settings, call settings section, Voice over LTE Settings, Do Not Use VoLTE, then hit ok.

I have read similar issue with AT&T and T-Mobile with the S6 and Edge.

I hope you will find a way to fix this issue.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyfraser1978 View Post
    Maybe you don't have access since you have a 3G/4G SIM card.

Here is what I have found :
    Open the phone app like you're going to make a call, click on more, then settings, call settings section, Voice over LTE Settings, Do Not Use VoLTE, then hit ok.

I have read similar issue with AT&T and T-Mobile with the S6 and Edge.

I hope you will find a way to fix this issue.

via the HoFo App
    I don't have that answer. Could have something to do with me using a 3g/4g card like you said. I'm going to go back to a LTE sim card to see if that changes anything

Device(s)
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm a little bit late to the party...
    I have a Nexus 6 with a lte sim on Vidéotron... And always connected to LTE. I never had that kind of problem with my device.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6 en utilisant Tapatalk