Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iPhone 5/NYC Signal Reliability

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIX1011 View Post
    I'm still using a TMO iPhone 5, not the 5S or 5C. Waiting on a Band 12 iPhone someday...

Anyway, my Wife and son have TMO iPhones 6+ & 6 respectively, while they don't seem to get more bars/dots of signal compared side to side, they do hang onto usable LTE better in fringe areas where the 5 will drop to E.

via the HoFo App
    This is what I was hoping to see! Good to know. And hopefully the addition of Band 12 in the new iPhone will be of use.

By the way, I said above that I had only used 75 mb in a month - that was incorrect, turns out that it was showing me the usage records for the previous DAY - with no mention of my having used the phone previously at all - which I guess is just first-month weirdness. But still, supports my reasoning that I should stay on T-Mobile for Music Freedom, if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, any iPhone does not perform the best on T-Mobile... I've carried both for the past 5 years, they struggle more with low signal on T-Mobile.

My iPhone 6 can't keep up with my S6 edge at all when the coverage gets weak
    Bye!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpmanj2395 View Post
    I can tell you by experience, the iPhone 6 Plus gives up too quickly while a S6 is perfectly connected and working fine. The iPhone is great on low band, but terrible on mid-band.
    100% agree. The iPhone is just odd in a number of situations. Though more on topic, the 6/6+ does seem noticeably better than previous iPhones.

Feedback Score
    Cricket is adding roaming in Canada, can't say I'm not horribly tempted to switch to them now for better signal and cheaper price. (8 Mbps will hopefully be usable. It's the only thing holding me back.)

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    100% agree. The iPhone is just odd in a number of situations. Though more on topic, the 6/6+ does seem noticeably better than previous iPhones.
    Agreed. My wife has the 5s and I consistently get better signal than her. In some situations, I'll have LTE and she will have EDGE. I hope the 6s steps it up in the radio department.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2