Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Happy with the network

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,277
    Feedback Score
    0

    Happy with the network

    Let me start off by saying I love T Mobile and what they are doing but from what I have heard and what I have experienced there are still some trouble spots with reception even though in my hometown it is pretty good but a little bit spotty when you go to the middle of nowhere my question is however those of you who have t-mobile have you been noticing improvements because I am interested in T Mobile service just because of their superior sound quality. also any idea of which Verizon phones has the most likely miss of working with tmobile I'm currently looking at financing a galaxy s6 or an LG g4 and I wanted to know which one would I be more likely to be able to use with tmobile if I ever decide to switch because I am looking for other providers even though I like Verizon it is expensive but I and not sure what to do yet so I will be staying for now I guess. I also enjoy Testing network just for the fun of it so I need to know which phone would work better. are all of you who have t-mobile happy with it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Posts
    1,253
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S20+, Pixel 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    Let me start off by saying I love T Mobile and what they are doing but from what I have heard and what I have experienced there are still some trouble spots with reception even though in my hometown it is pretty good but a little bit spotty when you go to the middle of nowhere my question is however those of you who have t-mobile have you been noticing improvements because I am interested in T Mobile service just because of their superior sound quality. also any idea of which Verizon phones has the most likely miss of working with tmobile I'm currently looking at financing a galaxy s6 or an LG g4 and I wanted to know which one would I be more likely to be able to use with tmobile if I ever decide to switch because I am looking for other providers even though I like Verizon it is expensive but I and not sure what to do yet so I will be staying for now I guess. I also enjoy Testing network just for the fun of it so I need to know which phone would work better. are all of you who have t-mobile happy with it?
    The only Verizon phones that greatly support AT&T's network or T-Mobile's are the IPhone 6 or 6+ (both lacking band 12) or the Nexus 6 that fully supports T-Mobile's new network (has band 12). The S6 and G4 lack AT&T and T-Mobile's low band spectrum, so you'll have some coverage gaps, and you won't get T-Mobile's VoLTE for calls unless you get an iPhone 6 or 6+ or a Nexus 6.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Moto X pure edition coming soon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Posts
    1,253
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S20+, Pixel 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Moto X pure edition coming soon
    Verizon will likely sell it as a Droid phone and get rid of all the other bands except band 4, 2, and 13.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,013
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Galaxy S6 has great reception on T-Mobile when it comes to the high end phones and it also supports Band 12. The LG Leon has the best reception of any device I have ever used on T-Mo. I have a Desire 626s as well and it has decent better than the iPhone 6 reception as well.

    The iPhone 6 lacks band 12 and has bad VoLTE call quality for me... drops calls all over the place.
    Bye!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,054
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    It all depends on where you need service. In my state (MS), I'm good as long as I don't venture too far off the major highways. Get out in the backwoods with just T-Mobile and I'm SOL. Since Verizon pretty well blankets the state with 850 MHz service, I keep an old, dumb CDMA phone active on PagePlus, for ~$30/year, just in case. I've only had to use it once. Other states are different. South Fla. is really well covered. Just don't give any credence to T-Mobile's coverage maps. Look at Sensorly, RootMetrics or CellMapper but realize that with these services, a blank does not mean "no service", rather it means "not sampled."
    Donald Newcomb

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,710
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nexus 6 or the new iPhone 6s that comes out in less than 3 weeks. There are the only ones that I know are Band 12 phones that will get both VoLTE and VoWifi on T-Mobile.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    Verizon will likely sell it as a Droid phone and get rid of all the other bands except band 4, 2, and 13.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Which is exactly why no one should buy a phone from a carrier, especially the CDMA ones! The pure edition purchased directly from Motorola is much better overall value even at a much higher price - which it won't be anyway...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,635
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm happy with Tmobile overall. They cover my city very well and when I travel now it's to other major cities (having a kid and not working in the hotel industry anymore hampers travel).

    I live in Arizona, so once you go off a major highway, it's a gamble on all carriers, VZW included (and they were lucky to have more CLR in this state than ATT). It was back in Feb/March that I went to LV to really 'drive across the state', but the coverage matched the Tmobile map then and still does. In AZ they've pretty much ignored the northern half of the state and other cities, have great LTE on the freeway before a city and when you get in town, 2G. Also, cities like Kingman, AZ are half covered and have been for months (or at least were that way when I went through). So, I can't explain their weird way of covering cities. A month ago I went to cornfest in Camp Verde and one side of town had LTE on it, go across the freeway to the other side... 2G again.

    So, yes happy as 99% of my time is in the city and they work great here, and the other 1% I'm in country where no carrier would make you happy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    468
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    As for improvements in network, yes. I use T-Mobile and Verizon daily, and without looking at things that really aren't an issue here yet, like VOLTE and Band 12 coverage, T-Mobile has always offered much better voice quality, Verizon does have a clear advantage when it comes to rural coverage, but the T-Mobile network is improving a lot, it is almost like night and day compared to two years ago. I get LTE in most places in this area including rural areas, I now get coverage in rural areas that I used to get nothing.

    I live and work in and around Augusta, GA, I spend a lot of time recently working in North Augusta, SC, and have been shocked to find that often I am getting a better signal than Verizon there, many times I have had to use my T-Mobile personal phone because my work provided Verizon iPhone 5s wasn't getting any signal at all.

    As of now I am very happy with T-Mobile, and am really looking forward to them being able to roll out band 12 in this area (but I don't believe it will be any time soon, I think there is a TV license for the bandwidth here, and I haven't heard any word on when they might get that settled).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Posts
    1,253
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S20+, Pixel 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Which is exactly why no one should buy a phone from a carrier, especially the CDMA ones! The pure edition purchased directly from Motorola is much better overall value even at a much higher price - which it won't be anyway...
    I agree, but didn't the OP want to finance a phone through Verizon? I would only get a carrier phone for VoLTE and T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    I agree, but didn't the OP want to finance a phone through Verizon? I would only get a carrier phone for VoLTE and T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Yes I was explaining to him why that is a bad idea given his interest in using other carriers. Too many people think so called cheap credit and carrier subsidies are a solution to their financial problems, rather than further exacerbating them.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,942
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm very happy with T-Mobile. I used to have to live with Edge coverage anywhere that wasn't my city, but now they've deployed 10 MHz LTE all around the city (and the city is 5 MHz, what a joke.) Speeds in the city are anywhere from 10-20 down and 10-15 up. Outside the city is 30-50 down and 5-15 up. Overall much better than AT&T except indoors. AT&T had places where I could pull 40 down but most of the time it was less than 10. I have a Nexus 5 so no VoLTE or VoWiFi for me.

    Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)


    Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,033
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe the Verizon LG G4 has all the T-Mobile bands except band 12.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    I believe the Verizon LG G4 has all the T-Mobile bands except band 12.
    No one should buy a new phone for use on tmobile without that band 12 support.

    With regard to the g4, you just need to make sure its model number H811

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 05:50 AM
  2. Are you happy with the long awaited a500?
    By Snoopy572 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2002, 07:52 PM
  3. how many of you are happy with the v60c
    By one028 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2002, 04:40 AM
  4. T68m R2B Loosing contact with the network
    By miker in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2002, 12:50 AM
  5. Bell Is it a problem with the network or the phone?
    By slick_vick in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2002, 01:16 PM

Bookmarks