Thread: Asurion Insurance Removed

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Asurion Insurance Removed

So as some of you know I ported in 7 lines from AT&T a month ago. Every line was an iPhone with the $15 lease promo and the $8 insurance.

Well I get 2 letters from Asurion telling me that 2 of my devices were not eligible for premium protection because they were not T-Mobile authorized devices.

I'm thinking WTF? I bought all my iPhones from a brick and mortar T-Mobile Corporate store. How can 2 of the devices not be from T-Mobile?

I call T-Mobile. I tell them my story. The rep insisted that I must of bought these phones 3rd party because the IMEI's don't show them being from T-Mobile. The rep wouldn't re-add the insurance and removed the JOD feature and replaced it with the regularly offered Jump program. He told me I'd have to take the phones back to the retail store I purchased them from and work it out there.

I'm pretty pissed at this point. The two lines in question belong to family who are hundreds of miles away and minors. Is my only recourse to fly back to the corporate retail store I bought the phones from to straighten this out?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do you have your receipt?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    If you financed all your phones w. TM, wouldn't that show on your bills? Were they all bought at the same store? Same time? Would you have credit card receipt for your downpayment(s)?
    You really think spending $96/line a year, for "insurance" times 7 = $672/year is a great deal!!?? You could buy a new (over)priced Apple phone for that. Were you informed of the LARGE deductible if you try to make a claim?
    Or was getting the privilege to pay $15/mo to rent/lease the phone contingent on paying the $8/mo?

Question - You use the term "lease"? Isn't a lease simply a long term rental agreement? Or did you mean "bought" the phone on credit and you own the product once the loan term (2 years?) runs it course?
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It was the promotion where you could lease an iPhone for $15 (after instant credit) and upgrade to the newer iPhone (and get first dibs on it) this fall for the same price. I added the insurance because 4 of the lines are for minors far away from me and I didn't want to take the chance that they'd break the device and I'd get stuck paying off the device full retail.

All the devices were purchased on the spot at a T-Mobile corporate store. All rang out at once.

Anyways I got a competent billing expert at T-Mobile to take care of the insurance add on for me. As to why the devices don't show up as a T-Mobile device is beyond me? Perhaps someone scanning in inventory messed up somewhere?

Care must be getting hit hard with calls. Wait times exceed 45 minutes right now. I haven't seen this in a long time! Time to open up a new call center. With all these new adds every quarter they're going to need to.

Feedback Score
    I'd cancel the insurance on all the lines, waste of money. Buy a case and screen protectors for $20-30.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Its true what the OP said about the letter. I got the same letter. I called customer care and they conferenced me in with Assurant and they claimed that they are sending the letters out in error

I upgraded one of my lines to iphone 6 plus on jump on demand at tmobile store

via the HoFo App
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    I got the same letter. Called Asurian and they said the letter was in error. They could have been trying to get rid of people. Kinda thought they didn't want to insure a Note 4 but that's silly.

Call Asurian...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Asurion is not the insurance provider for T-Mobile anymore last I checked. It's Assurant, unless that changed with Jump on Demand.
    Bye!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Attachment 129943

Whoever sent those letters out must be in hot water.
    via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I'd cancel the insurance on all the lines, waste of money. Buy a case and screen protectors for $20-30.
    Cases and screen protectors don't cover you if the phone is lost or stolen.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherMcG View Post
    Asurion is not the insurance provider for T-Mobile anymore last I checked. It's Assurant, unless that changed with Jump on Demand.
    You are right. But they both start with the letter: A so we get a pass.