Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Done with liar employees at Verizon. Done with Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

Done with liar employees at Verizon. Done with Verizon.

Backstory:

I have an iPhone 4s. Been off-contract for almost 2 years. The battery is getting weak.

So I go into the store today, looking to see what I can do about getting an iPhone 6. The employee looks up my account information. He can clearly see that I am already off-contract.

He proceeds to tell me that I can get an iPhone 6 for $27.08/month for 24 months, but it will result in me getting a $25/month credit, making my effective cost increase $2.08/mo.

But, Mr. Moron, I am ALREADY getting the $25/mo credit because my 4s is off contract. You know this. You are looking at my account on your tablet. Therefore, my effective cost increase per month is $27.08 if I get the iPhone 6. Which is not at all $2.08/month.

I don't like being lied to. I don't like doing business with corporations that teach their employees to deceive and mislead customers. I don't care for the games Verizon is playing with their new "deals".

I'm off to the other forums now to see where I can get a more honest deal. I don't even care if it's a *worse* deal, just as long as I'm not getting BS'd.

Feedback Score
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Done with liar employees at Verizon. Done with Verizon.

Lol this happens to all carriers. Pissed off?.. Buy it online. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Devices-
    iPhone 6 Plus (128GB, Space Gray, Verizon unlimited data)
    iPhone 6 (16GB, Gold, T-Mobile $30 plan)
    iPad Air (128GB, Space Gray, Verizon unlimited data)
    MacBook Pro (2013, 15" high end specs)
    Mac Pro (2010, 8-cores)

Feedback Score
    Yep it happens with all of the cell providers. You will switch providers and get screwed in another way and will be back here with Verizon within one year. :-)

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Guys, I'm sure he knows he could have bought it online, as he mentioned that he knew he was already receiving the discount. His point is that someone not in the know would just listened to the salesman, and then be surprised when their bill goes up by $27 instead of $2.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not to defend Verizon or anything but I really don't think the guy was a liar. The guy is probably just poorly trained and is used to repeating the same thing over and over again without really looking at customer account information.

It happens at all kinds of retail stores and it's sad because usually there are good people there who care about doing a good job and then you get guys like this who just don't even put in the effort. I certainly don't think I'd leave over it unless you were already leaning that way in the first place.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Guys, I'm sure he knows he could have bought it online, as he mentioned that he knew he was already receiving the discount. His point is that someone not in the know would just listened to the salesman, and then be surprised when their bill goes up by $27 instead of $2.
    Once he hears the info and disagrees, just walk out and buy it online. I don't see why he should rant and tell us he's leaving Verizon for something like this.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just one more thing that the OP didn't realize is that the days of 2 year contract pricing on phones is going the way of the dinosaur. Edge and Next pricing is the new norm. Sorry to hear that the OP was so offended, but "the times are a changing."
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyeo View Post
    Once he hears the info and disagrees, just walk out and buy it online. I don't see why he should rant and tell us he's leaving Verizon for something like this.

His rant is that Verizon should not be misleading customers like this.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    His rant is that Verizon should not be misleading customers like this.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    And I completely agree. It is true that unethical corporate cultures are the norm in this industry, but that's probably true for many if not most businesses. However it is not universal. I have had excellent customer service experience and gotten the impression that honesty and genuine customer service permeate the company from top to bottom at a small handful of companies in the mobile carrier business in America.

This is not a complete list but off the top of my head, Truphone, textnow and Consumer Cellular are in that category. And I'm sure other members can chime in with some more.

If more and more consumers raise their expectations and demand transparency from their provider, maybe we can see the situation improve in our lifetime. To me, it is definitely not helpful for people to simply say, tough luck that's just the way it is it is normal, as if such a lack of morality is acceptable in our daily lives.

On the other hand, in this particular case, the rep may very well have made a mistake, as the original poster noted by calling him a moron.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    Backstory:

I have an iPhone 4s. Been off-contract for almost 2 years. The battery is getting weak.

So I go into the store today, looking to see what I can do about getting an iPhone 6. The employee looks up my account information. He can clearly see that I am already off-contract.

He proceeds to tell me that I can get an iPhone 6 for $27.08/month for 24 months, but it will result in me getting a $25/month credit, making my effective cost increase $2.08/mo.

But, Mr. Moron, I am ALREADY getting the $25/mo credit because my 4s is off contract. You know this. You are looking at my account on your tablet. Therefore, my effective cost increase per month is $27.08 if I get the iPhone 6. Which is not at all $2.08/month.

I don't like being lied to. I don't like doing business with corporations that teach their employees to deceive and mislead customers. I don't care for the games Verizon is playing with their new "deals".

I'm off to the other forums now to see where I can get a more honest deal. I don't even care if it's a *worse* deal, just as long as I'm not getting BS'd.
    Shouldn't this be in the rant forum?

Good luck. We'll see you back here in a few months.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landale View Post
    Not to defend Verizon or anything but I really don't think the guy was a liar. The guy is probably just poorly trained and is used to repeating the same thing over and over again without really looking at customer account information.

It happens at all kinds of retail stores and it's sad because usually there are good people there who care about doing a good job and then you get guys like this who just don't even put in the effort. I certainly don't think I'd leave over it unless you were already leaning that way in the first place.
    I agree. I doubt the salesperson was intentionally "lying".

Feedback Score
    Hanlon's razor:
    ”Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Also:

”Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
    —George Carlin

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Yeah the rep may not have known better. Was In Verizon the other day and asked about the new HTC phone that is a lot more affordable than the typical phones. The salesman said they never sell phones below $400 full retail. I knew that wasn't true but he just didn't know. The HTC phone they got in the next day.

That day they had the galaxy core prime in the $160s, the lancer, lancet or whatever its called for $120 retail, and the Lumia 735 for less than $200 full retail. The rep seemed like he just didn't keep up with some of the cheaper alternatives
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Or maybe his commission plan is tied to total value of sales. I think any business that primarily compensates sales people through commission ends up on this slippery slope of dishonesty becoming accepted as normal. My rule of thumb by default is to not seek any information from people employed in the industry. Its not that hard to quickly become more knowledgeable than they are anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast