Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Done with liar employees at Verizon. Done with Verizon.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Once you get phone on edge the month2month -25 gets replaced with edge discount, the rep didn't lie to him.

25$ Month2month and 25$ Off Edge Discount are 2 different things. So yes his bill would jump a little.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fios 1024/1024

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landale View Post
    Not to defend Verizon or anything but I really don't think the guy was a liar. The guy is probably just poorly trained and is used to repeating the same thing over and over again without really looking at customer account information.
    A lie is an intentional falsehood. To be a liar one must know the difference between what is true and what is not.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure what the problem is, the rep probably looking at his account on his computer and gave him the infromation he had. Not making up things to tell him.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Only reason I ever go into a Verizon store is to check out any new phone I'm interested in. No need to speak or be spoken to by anyone. Find something I like, I get my best online deal. Done. Things change so fast in this business I'm not surprised the reps aren't totally always up to speed on everything anyway. I'd rather do my own homework. I do feel for the uniformed masses who are dependent on them to be honest, but....Not my problem and nothing to be done about that anyway except helping friends and family make intelligent wireless choices. Life's to short as it is to be bothered by the likes of Verizon.
    I do think the wireless companies as a whole are much more interested in attracting new customers than bothering with retaining old customers. For every old customer that leaves a few new ones walk in.

Feedback Score
    Egg salad I agree with what you said ! Seems unbelievable how much misleading information cell phone companies get away with, and it's not just verizon, I don't know if it's true but a few days ago someone told me the United States and Canada have the highest cellphone rates in the world.

Feedback Score
    Doubt the store rep was lying -- probably just didn't know any better.

That said, VZW's customer service really stinks. I recently left VZW after nearly 15 years with them and IMO their CS has really declined in the past 2-3 years. VZW took away the ability to email CS about two years ago, which I used several times before that to correct billing errors & get other information. Apart from their social media platforms (which are disastrous, judging from their FB page), the only option I felt comfortable using was the phone contact. Unfortunately, even that required playing CSR roulette since you could get slightly different answers every time. I figured that an aggregate of CSR responses after 3-4 calls could produce fairly reliable information!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    A lie is an intentional falsehood. To be a liar one must know the difference between what is true and what is not.
    Verizon knows overall their reps are incredibly poorly trained and this will result in a lot of misinformation. So, Verizon on a whole is lying be trying to cut corners on proper hiring/training/retention of employees. You could even go further that they count on half-trained reps keeping their customers confused but that might be stretching it.

I've first hand experienced their incredibly unfriendly tactics. Last time I went into one, my mom wanted to look at getting a new phone and the ones we first saw were by one of those bluetooth speakers. It was on pretty loud, so we turned it down in an effort to even just hear ourselves. One of the reps broke from whatever he was doing, looked over at us and was like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING????" and the whole store was then staring at us - customers and reps alike. I then spoke very loudly looking around 'Turning it down'. Why would he do that - he had embarrassed me and my mother in front of a dozen people because we turned a display radio down? Needless to say, we left shortly after that and just gave my mom the wife's old S3 which works fine. VZW lost money and after helping my mom get her a new sim card for the phone at another store, I haven't gone back into a VZW store.

They're really bad CSR folks. I would go so far as to say it isn't bad training (most seem to know things but many are also unaware) but that it's a whole culture they want to breed. VZW is a mean company and they attract that type of employee.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    I'll be the first to agree that Verizon sucks, their CS sucks and the in-store ripoff artists suck, but you really didn't give enough info about your account to justify your panty-bunched rant, OP. Are you already on More Everything? If not, the rep didn't lie to you. And if you already are, why are you mad? Do you expect to get a new iPhone 6 for nothing? Them days be over, friend.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    I'll be the first to agree that Verizon sucks, their CS sucks and the in-store ripoff artists suck, but you really didn't give enough info about your account to justify your panty-bunched rant, OP. Are you already on More Everything? If not, the rep didn't lie to you. And if you already are, why are you mad? Do you expect to get a new iPhone 6 for nothing? Them days be over, friend.
    Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Devices-
    iPhone 6 Plus (128GB, Space Gray, Verizon unlimited data)
    iPhone 6 (16GB, Gold, T-Mobile $30 plan)
    iPad Air (128GB, Space Gray, Verizon unlimited data)
    MacBook Pro (2013, 15" high end specs)
    Mac Pro (2010, 8-cores)

Feedback Score
    If he got the 2 year contract the bill would spike up $25 because the op would no longer receive month to month discounts. Also the op would pay $199.99 plus upgrade fee of $40. Resulting in $240 in charges for the new iPhone 6.

With device payment the rep failed notice if the op already had the month to month discount. So the bill would go up $27.08 but come with zero down. No lies were made intentionally only uninformed.

The phone on more everything 6gb and up would only be approximately $50 (2.08 x 24) versus $240 on 2 year.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    Backstory:

I have an iPhone 4s. Been off-contract for almost 2 years. The battery is getting weak.

So I go into the store today, looking to see what I can do about getting an iPhone 6. The employee looks up my account information. He can clearly see that I am already off-contract.

He proceeds to tell me that I can get an iPhone 6 for $27.08/month for 24 months, but it will result in me getting a $25/month credit, making my effective cost increase $2.08/mo.

But, Mr. Moron, I am ALREADY getting the $25/mo credit because my 4s is off contract. You know this. You are looking at my account on your tablet. Therefore, my effective cost increase per month is $27.08 if I get the iPhone 6. Which is not at all $2.08/month.

I don't like being lied to. I don't like doing business with corporations that teach their employees to deceive and mislead customers. I don't care for the games Verizon is playing with their new "deals".

I'm off to the other forums now to see where I can get a more honest deal. I don't even care if it's a *worse* deal, just as long as I'm not getting BS'd.
    Sorry, I don't see the lie. Because he didn't say the word "continue"? You're just another "give me everything for free" customer. Yeah, you'll be a real catch for any carrier that lands you.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Device(s)
    A920
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    No different then when I just switched back over from Sprint to VZ last Friday. One rep told me the S6 Edge+ will be out this week when it was on their display that he had no clue about and being launched the next day.

Then there was the "how much is international texting from the US" to which he said, somewhere between $20 and $40.... yet it is actually included in their new plans.

Unfortunately as people point out, more often then not it is uneducated, untrained employees rather then "liars".

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There's way too much inconsistency with VZW stores or over-the-phone CSR's. Best to post here before engaging them (I always do). Folks here are well galvanized to the majority of situations. I agree that in can be frustrating, but do your homework and set yourself up for success.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
    There's way too much inconsistency with VZW stores or over-the-phone CSR's. Best to post here before engaging them (I always do). Folks here are well galvanized to the majority of situations. I agree that in can be frustrating, but do your homework and set yourself up for success.
    There is a very simple formula for dealing with Verizon (and many other companies) so you have no negative surprises. All of the information you need is on their web site. That is actually the only source of information that you are "guaranteed." Yes, it's true that you can often figure out better deals by reading this forum or with having luck with particular customer service reps or supervisors, but as long as you understand and accept the fact that you may very well end up only with what they officially publish on the web site, which is there for all to see, you'll be comfortable with your Verizon plan. If, on the other hand, you feel you are entitled to as good a deal as some poster on this forum said he got, or you depend on some idiot rep who tells you something too good to be true, you're setting yourself up for disappointment and annoyance.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI I just added today 25$ month to month myself on family members like. I did it online I went to my devices and banner showed that I can add discount from 10$ or more. They also have same plan like me 30gb 130$

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast