Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: BTW, Sprint leases CSpire's 700 MHz licenses.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,070
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0

    BTW, Sprint leases CSpire's 700 MHz licenses.

    It does not seem to have been picked up here but the Sprint forum has been talking about Sprint's having leased CSpire's 700A licenses. Seems to be part of a general cozying up between the two carriers.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...m-from-C-Spire
    Donald Newcomb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    830
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It does not seem to have been picked up here but the Sprint forum has been talking about Sprint's having leased CSpire's 700A licenses. Seems to be part of a general cozying up between the two carriers.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...m-from-C-Spire
    That thread was initially started here then moved to the Sprint forum.
    Just to note I believe the 70MHz lease was only for the Memphis license, but we shall have to wait until the FCC upgrades are complete on Tuesday

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,070
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    That thread was initially started here then moved to the Sprint forum.
    Ah, well I must have missed that bit. Probably should have emphasized the potential impact this will have on T-Mobile's low-band deployment. Since, CSpire appeared incapable of actually using the 700A spectrum, there was some speculation if they might be induced to sell it to T-Mobile.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    202
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    cspire only leased the 700mhz a block in Tennessee and what little they had in Arkansas. so tmobile still has a chance at a agreement to use cspire 700mhz spectrum in MS,AL, and FL.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It does not seem to have been picked up here but the Sprint forum has been talking about Sprint's having leased CSpire's 700A licenses. Seems to be part of a general cozying up between the two carriers.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...m-from-C-Spire
    The mod moved my thread and placed in the sprint folder


    via the HoFo App
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________



    Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,013
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    The mod moved my thread and placed in the sprint folder


    via the HoFo App
    We should be able to discuss it here, The Sprint forum is sandboxed and no one likes to play over there.. say anything true (aka not positive) and a target is on your head, posts are deleted, threats are made.. the posters all act bitter about the fact that Sprint sucks. Plus I've been banned for years because I was one of the main posters to say Sprint is garbage good riddens

    Hope these CSpire licenses get put to good use.. oh wait, it's Sprint. NEVERMIND!
    Bye!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,070
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherMcG View Post
    We should be able to discuss it here, ......
    I suppose as long as we keep to the impact this lease may have on T-Mobile....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    202
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88 View Post
    cspire only leased the 700mhz a block in Tennessee and what little they had in Arkansas. so tmobile still has a chance at a agreement to use cspire 700mhz spectrum in MS,AL, and FL.
    Tmobile still has a chance to do a agreement with cspire people.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88 View Post
    Tmobile still has a chance to do a agreement with cspire people.
    Correct. Or even with Sprint.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    497
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is no reason that sprint would need this, beyond taking a jab at T-Mobile.

    What an *** of a carrier.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,014
    Device(s)
    IPHONE 6
    Carrier(s)
    VZW•AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    BTW, Sprint leases CSpire's 700 MHz licenses.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherMcG View Post
    We should be able to discuss it here, The Sprint forum is sandboxed and no one likes to play over there.. say anything true (aka not positive) and a target is on your head, posts are deleted, threats are made.. the posters all act bitter about the fact that Sprint sucks. Plus I've been banned for years because I was one of the main posters to say Sprint is garbage good riddens

    Hope these CSpire licenses get put to good use.. oh wait, it's Sprint. NEVERMIND!
    Same with you guys , with people talking bout the coverage compared to the big 2


    😂😭😬
    VZW•UDP-AT&T•INTL.UDP A

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM310 View Post
    Same with you guys , with people talking bout the coverage compared to the big 2


    ������
    Let's not turn this into something that it doesn't need to be.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE92 View Post
    There is no reason that sprint would need this, beyond taking a jab at T-Mobile.

    What an *** of a carrier.
    To be fair, Sprint has been enabling Band 12 into many devices in an effort to be friendly with smaller carriers (RRPP).

    The problem with this spectrum in their hands is that they'd also have to invest in equipment to actually use it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,014
    Device(s)
    IPHONE 6
    Carrier(s)
    VZW•AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    BTW, Sprint leases CSpire's 700 MHz licenses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    Let's not turn this into something that it doesn't need to be.
    So it's ok for him to say (sprint sucks) which for some people it doesn't . Also y didn't you quote his remarks, to avoid confliction.


    😂😭😬

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM310 View Post
    So it's ok for him to say (sprint sucks) which for some people it doesn't . Also y didn't you quote his remarks, to avoid confliction.


    ������
    We're trying to discuss the C Spire licenses (notably Band 12 which relates to T-Mobile) that were recently leased to Sprint.

    Hopefully Sprint and T-Mobile come to some kind of agreement and/or C Spire just sells them to T-Mobile.

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon is selling off their 700 MHz licenses
    By Trocks797 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 12:05 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 06:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks