Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need to Carry 2 phones. Need suggestion for lightest Android devices

Feedback Score

Need to Carry 2 phones. Need suggestion for lightest Android devices

Hello

I am thinking about carrying two phones to keep home and work totally separate.

Most employers these days install management apps on the work phone so that they have full access rights, so I do not want to use a dual SIM phone and give them access to my personal stuff. Also, if I get a totally separate phone it allows me to stay totally separated from the work device during non business hours.

Need some advice from the experts here on thin and light budget phones.

1. Thin and light enough so that two can be carried
    2. Price point: under $200
    3. Need to have AT&T 4G LTE bands 2/4/17 and 5 (I was going to get the blu vivo air LTE but it does not have 17)
    4. Notification LED is a plus. I hate the fact that many newer phones do not have a notification LED any more and it is easy to miss messages

Feedback Score
    I was going to suggest the Moto G but I don't think it has the notifications light.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I actually have a Moto G 3rd Gen, but it is somewhat big if you have to carry 2 phones. I am looking for a phone that is under 5 inches and thinner. Yes, the lack of the notification light on the Moto G really annoys me. I have to pick up the phone and actually push the button in order to see notifications. My old Atrix 4G has a notification light.

Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    I was going to suggest the Moto G but I don't think it has the notifications light.

Feedback Score
    I wish i knew what else to suggest. The smaller size is very limiting unfortunately. What carrier is this on?
    Edit - AT&T. Hmmm. I know that some older phones might fit the bill like maybe the LG mid range phones from 2013/2014. Any midrange phone from 2013/2014 should be smaller than 5". I don't know how thin though.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Moto G LTE (1st gen, XT1045) - http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4325

This version has notification light and SD card slot.

Feedback Score
    Good luck whatever you choose. I would have to carry two Nexus 5's. https://www.textnow.com/wireless

Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky_feelpol View Post
    Hello

I am thinking about carrying two phones to keep home and work totally separate.

Most employers these days install management apps on the work phone so that they have full access rights, so I do not want to use a dual SIM phone and give them access to my personal stuff. Also, if I get a totally separate phone it allows me to stay totally separated from the work device during non business hours.

Need some advice from the experts here on thin and light budget phones.

1. Thin and light enough so that two can be carried
    2. Price point: under $200
    3. Need to have AT&T 4G LTE bands 2/4/17 and 5 (I was going to get the blu vivo air LTE but it does not have 17)
    4. Notification LED is a plus. I hate the fact that many newer phones do not have a notification LED any more and it is easy to miss messages
    If the phone has band 12 support....it will work with band 17 (17 is a subset of the 700 band). Have you considered the Moto E LTE? Its pretty small, but by default doesn't have an led.

Feedback Score
    Hey compuguy, funny that you mentioned the Moto E LTE. I am actually considering it too and was reading up on it just now. It is so darn inexpensive ($79 at AT&T gophone and I think $59 at Straight talk) and it has awesome reviews. I would not be doing much high intensity stuff and definitely not any personal stuff on the work phone..it would be basically for taking business calls and reading emails and some light surfing, so I am thinking maybe I don't want to spend too much on a work phone after all....

Yes it does not have the LED but I found an app on the Android Market (NoLED) that might solve the problem.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.notify&hl=en

The Moto E is a little thicker than I would have liked, but hey, it is a very inexpensive phone with great reviews, and I am really drawn to it...

Quote Originally Posted by compuguy View Post
    If the phone has band 12 support....it will work with band 17 (17 is a subset of the 700 band). Have you considered the Moto E LTE? Its pretty small, but by default doesn't have an led.

Feedback Score
    I have two 4.5" Moto G's and a Gophone Huawei Fusion 3. I much prefer the Fusion for business calls because of it's superior call quality and battery life. So, I use the Fusion as my primary on Cricket backed up by the G LTE and I use the other G for a Ringplus line. The unlocked G LTE's are going for $115.00 on Amazon and the Fusion is down to $50.00 at Wally but getting harder to find. The first generation G's are really well built with awesome screens but I would still recommend the Fusion over the G for your purposes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky_feelpol View Post
    Hey compuguy, funny that you mentioned the Moto E LTE. I am actually considering it too and was reading up on it just now. It is so darn inexpensive ($79 at AT&T gophone and I think $59 at Straight talk) and it has awesome reviews. I would not be doing much high intensity stuff and definitely not any personal stuff on the work phone..it would be basically for taking business calls and reading emails and some light surfing, so I am thinking maybe I don't want to spend too much on a work phone after all....

Yes it does not have the LED but I found an app on the Android Market (NoLED) that might solve the problem.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.notify&hl=en

The Moto E is a little thicker than I would have liked, but hey, it is a very inexpensive phone with great reviews, and I am really drawn to it...
    I have a (Boost) Moto E LTE and I like it a lot. I got mine for $60 at Target... it is hard to imagine that a "flagship" phone costs 10x as much. If your usage for your work phone is so minimal, the Moto E could be a good choice for the value.

Feedback Score
    Hey Fish, the Fusion 3 is out of stock at my Local Wally and online as well. I agree it is a very good phone,

The 1st Generation Moto G LTE is also a good choice. As you mentioned they are on amazon for $115 - and the seller is Amazon itself, not some third party marketplace seller.

Amazon warehouse deals is selling these Moto G LTE units for $75 (condition - very good), and it is very tempting to pick up one or even two ----I am not sure how good they will be though.

Does anyone know if Amazon Warehouse deals sells items only sold by Amazon and returned to Amazon (which would be a somewhat safer bet), or does warehouse deals also sell items fulfulled by Amazon for some third party seller? Lots of third party sellers selling fake items on Amazon these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I have two 4.5" Moto G's and a Gophone Huawei Fusion 3. I much prefer the Fusion for business calls because of it's superior call quality and battery life. So, I use the Fusion as my primary on Cricket backed up by the G LTE and I use the other G for a Ringplus line. The unlocked G LTE's are going for $115.00 on Amazon and the Fusion is down to $50.00 at Wally but getting harder to find. The first generation G's are really well built with awesome screens but I would still recommend the Fusion over the G for your purposes.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. Yes that one looks good too!

Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Moto G LTE (1st gen, XT1045) - http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4325

This version has notification light and SD card slot.

Feedback Score
    My employer wanted us to do BYOD. I showed them a flip phone. Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/5-of-...ilable_id71691

Look for thinnest Android and go back - 2014 for lower cost I think the center aspect will be more important than the weight, if you get two of the same model and they're both very thin it will basically be the same as having one phone in your pocket - with a screen protector on both of course

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    The G LTE 2013 does have an LED. It would be a little weird to me if the new one does not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast