Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Redpocket yearly plans on ebay safe purchase?

Feedback Score
    Yes this has been clear from the start.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agalvan View Post
    When I purchased it, my reciept says the seller is "Quick Ship" and the website domain on the email redirects to quickshipelectronics.com . They also run this ebay store it seems: http://stores.ebay.com/Quick-Ship-Electronics

Unless these two companies are connected in some way, it does not appear to be directly from RedPocket. They may be using this portal, however, to distribute.
    its gotta be associated some way. the redpocket website has a link to the plan, on their front page. why would redpocket advertise this plan from the redpocket website if they were not associated with it?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, UnrealMobile, AT&T, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeen View Post
    its gotta be associated some way. the redpocket website has a link to the plan, on their front page. why would redpocket advertise this plan from the redpocket website if they were not associated with it?
    I agree they must be associated in some way, but since RP is not using it's own PayPal account is strange. The account RP was using with the T-mobile based $5 plan was "Red Pocket, Inc".

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it seems they are doing the logistics basically, as well as some level of phone support for this specific plan.

I have zero problem with that. The girl I spoke with was awesome and got me set up.

Also, the tracfone thing makes a little more sense now. This was just something I came across at a good time. Out if contract. Tired of the monthly bill, especially since my overall usage isn't that much anymore. The simplicity was also nice. One time charge for a year, reasonable, fair extra data etc. Also still like my 1st gen Moto X.

Really hope it works out for all involved.

Feedback Score

Red Pocket mobile annual plan

Quote Originally Posted by kansanian View Post
    I ported my # to Google voice first and went for it. I kind of fear it not lasting too, but I have faith that it will. If not, I guess I got had, and move on, lesson learned.

After many considerations, I decided it was worth a risk.

They are probably counting on people buying extra data, which, if you add up, is about in line with what other mvno plans end up being, even without the supposed half off price.

It seems like a fair deal for everyone, and it seems like red pocket is trying some different logistics with the eBay seller (quick ship electronics). Being that they all have a stake in making it work, I'd hope that they keep their end of the bargain.

It's 500MB full speed data, which isn't a lot. Personally, I'll very likely buy an extra bit of data at least a few times.
    Since you have had the annual plan for several months now, have you had any problems with the service? If so were you able to get the problems resolved? Has there been any interruptions in your service? Do you recommend the annual service plan? Is your annual plan GSM or CDMA? I would be opting for the GSM service through AT&T as they have better service in my area. Did the porting process of your phone number to Red Pocket go smoothly? If you could post your results with Red Pocket here it would be much appreciated. Thanks....

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile Freefunded
    Feedback Score
    I got the annual plan and chose GSM. I started using wifi when available to stay under the data limit but otherwise so far so good.

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq, Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had any issues since starting the plan in December, but then again, my wife's needs aren't that great. She doesn't use a lot of data. She has an old iPhone 4 that suits her needs. Voice, texting/iMessaging her family, and photos are what she uses the phone for most.
    Mobile:

LG G8 Thinq ATT-Red Pocket 1K/Unl/1 GB
    Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM Freeup Mobile
    LG V20 LS997 Unlocked
    iPhone SE 32GB Simple Mobile
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
    Acer Spin 713 Chromebook
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Huawei Ascend XT2,LG Xpression +,LG Tribute HD,LG G4,Nokia Lumia 820,LG Volt,LG Tribute 2,LG Optimus Exceed 2,LG Realm,Moto X 2014,Moto X 2013,Nexus 5,Nokia Lumia 520,Nokia Lumia 1020,Samsung Galaxy S3,iphone 3G

Feedback Score
    What happens after 1000 min or MB? Hard cap with no top up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    I'm not sure, but you could try to contact the Red Pocket eBay dealer at 4252338605, 9a-5p Pacific.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    With that SIM you supposed to go to http://myeasyrefill.com/ to add time/data. I had an issue with it earlier in the month. Keeping the number Boz1 gave for next time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agalvan View Post
    With that SIM you supposed to go to http://myeasyrefill.com/ to add time/data. I had an issue with it earlier in the month. Keeping the number Boz1 gave for next time.
    What issue did you have with myeasyrefill.com?

On a side note, it looks like the minimum available to add thru myeasyrefill.com is $10 for 500 min OR 500 texts OR 500MB. Too bad there isn't a $5 refill available.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 weeks ago, i went to check out and the page errored out. Reported it and they acknowledged it. I hope it is fixed now. New month so I did not go back.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Why only sell on ebay? Ebay has seller fees. If they advertised this on their own site they wouldn't have to pay fees. Is it because they don't have to offer official support and thus the 3rd party support? Wary of paying a full year ahead of time as well.

Feedback Score
    Does RP have an online account management or some other way to easily track usage?

Feedback Score
    Does RP have an online account management or some other way to easily track usage?
    Not one with detailed usage, at least not that I've found. However, remaining balances are available by logging in at my.redpocketmobile.com . In 26 days of usage this cycle, my.redpocketmobile.com is reporting that I've used 3MB more than my LG G2 VS980 is reporting under data usage, which seems pretty accurate to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast